• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tobi's Band :)

Yes there is that, definitely my eyes are hungrier than my tummy :) we'll get used to it I suppose.

I'm cooking a low fat mild chicken curry for my husband tonight. I think I'll have blend and have some of that with the insides of a jacket potato for dinner. Back to purée for the evening :)

Sharon how did your bolognese minus the pasta turned out? :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Was lovely, I put loads of garlic in it so the breath isn't too nice now :)
It went well with a jacket pot too, I was surprised. Frozen the left overs for next week, of course I filled my plate too full by habit! I'm going to have to find my sons baby plate and bowl :)
Was thinking of trying sloppy scrambled eggs tomorrow morning, and cooking Bombay potato and lentil Dahl (well get my mum to do it) for me to pick up. Need some spicy taste, think its more satisfying even in small portions. X

Today I ate much better than the last couple of days. Not everything I had was low fat but I was at the daily limit so not too bad.

Breakfast:
Pineapple, coconut and banana smoothie (small bottle)

Mid-morning:
Sloppy Ready Brek

Lunch:
Dalepack corned beef crispbake - this went down really well dipped in extra light mayo (1tbsp = 10ml = 12kcal) very tasty! I had about 3 quarters of one with a quarter of a baked potato mixed with extra light philly.

Mid-afternoon:
Weightwatchers hot choc

Dinner:
Grilled 3 fish fingers, ate 1 with the breadcrumbs, I scraped the breadcrumbs off the second one and gave the third one to the cat :p Had 1 floret of cauliflower cheese with it. Left most of the cauliflower because I was full, otherwise it was perfectly edible :) Dipped the fish fingers in the cheese sauce, yum yum! I put a timer on my phone for 60 seconds between each bite incase the fish gets stuck again but it didn't, probably because it's mashed fish in the fish fingers.

Total calories: 999

Exercise: Only 30 min walk but I worked from home today and it was pissing down, couldn't do any more than popping out for a quick walk after lunch.

You did really well today, bet you have more energy too? I've got to get to the shops and do a big shop ASAP, stuck eating the same things and bored!!!
My husband made a comment to me today saying I sound better and calmer since my op, what he means is I'm not the crabby old Cow I was 2 weeks ago :) I don't know if its the actual fact that my thoughts and actions are no longer focused primarily on food anymore, and I can get a lot more into my day than ever before! It's great!
Got to focus on shopping tomorrow, which should be easier without the food cravings! :) x

hahah funny but ALL i think of is food at the moment :D but not in an obsessed and greedy way...

I'm constantly thinking about what I can have and how to get more protein in and calculating calories etc. Probably it's cos I'm just getting used to mushies and the first couple of days I kept getting stuff stuck!

My husband doesn't know what to do with me at the moment because he thinks I'm suffering as I couldn't eat much the first couple of days of the mushies. He was trying to suggest 'can you eat this? can you eat that?' and bless him he's trying but he just doesn't seem to get it :p He was so happy and relieved when I could manage to finish a very small plate of chicken curry puree and jacket pot last night at dinner...

I think it's 'finishing your plate' in his mind rather than the amount I eat. He probably thinks that if I finish what's on my plate then I must be managing to eat what I'm supposed to eat. Funny that, it's finishing up my plate that brought me to this weight in the first place because although I didn't eat very bad things, my portions were huge...

We all learn as we go :) xxx

Today was a mega busy day at work do I didn't think about food or feel hungry at all. Struggled with drinks though, that's my bad, I make a drink an forget I made it...

Breakfast:
Sloppy ready brek

Lunch:
Corned beef crisp bake leftover from yesterday, managed a bit more than half of it with 1/4 courgette and a dollop of fat free natural yogurt

Dinner:
Home made turkey meatballs in tomato juice with roasted aubergine mashed with a bit of extra light philly - I had 4 meatballs, they were quite small and soft but i have the last bite stuck in my chest somewhere :( scared I'll have to throw up and the thought makes me feel sick...

Snacks:
Danone shape delights choc pot
Half avocado with lemon juice and a teaspoon of extra light mayo

The back ache is back also, right in the middle of my back. I wonder if it happens when I have something stuck or is it just a coincidence? Hmm hmm

Total calories: 904
Exercise: 30 min walk

Overall good though, can't really complain :) xx

That's a good day alright, Tobi :)

Mine was atrocious yesterday, ate too many carbs including a choc chip muffin!!! :cry:
Better day today, feel more inspired and going to do some exercise too!

Yes, I stood on scales this morning (I know I can imagine the disapproving looks) I do get on them way too much, but they are like a drug and I need my morning fix!!! Same weight 15st 11 - not surprised really. I'm on chunkier food from Monday so going to eat less carbs and more protein. X

You know what I'm glad you could tolerate a muffin. It's good to know that you didn't getting ache like a lot of people tend to get with a band.

It had to be experimented, think about it that way hahaha xxx

Lol, it was a lovely experiment! Went down well surprisingly, but it wasn't a massive muffin, and very wet inside...don't forget a boy aged 14 made it, so not as good as our standards lol (bless him)!!

Been good today, only had banana for breakfast and pea soup for lunch. Having left over bolognaise with sweet potato for tea. Not drank much today thou! :(

I miss drinking a glass of water in one go most, sipping is boring and I'm getting nowhere near enough fluids :(

Hmm if that's cos of the 1ml in my band, wow that makes a huge difference! x

Mine is certainly there! Stuff get stuck and the heavy chest feeling is not nice. Good encouragement to stop eating though I find it easier to eat more every day. I was a pig today for example and was hungry all the time!

Breakfast - 1/2 mashed banana and 1 weetabix with skimmed milk

Mid morning - Cup a soup, chicken... I was so hungry I had to have something so I went for the soup rather than having lunch at 11!

Lunch - 1 fish cake (ate most of it)

Mid-afternoon - Potato salad (1/2 potato, extra light philly and 1/2 tbsp extra light mayo), again got very hungry and HAD TO have something... Obviously it wasn't enough so I nibbled half a protein bar :cry:

Dinner - I'll probably have the leftovers from last night, turkey meatballs and roasted aubergine but I'll whizz the meatballs with my hand blender first, don't want another stuck turkey piece sitting on my chest weighing a ton!

Total calories: 1063
Exercise: None whatsoever, it was raining all day so I couldn't face the walk :(

xxx

That's a decent well balanced calorie intake, I'm also trying to aim for around 1000 cals.

Had a really hungry day yesterday but better today, don't think drinking enough. I bought Ribena and hate it, so just having water which is such a chore!!!

I think you are doing well hon xxx

I was trying to stick to 1000 a day but actually up to 1200 should be ok... I think I'm having too much carbs though. But potato is so easy to have and filling for the mushies diet. Hopefully when I'm on normal food I'll have more protein and less carbs. Eating meat in any form or shape is a chore right now.

I like the Robinsons orange and pineapple squash most, it's not too sweet like most. But again, booooring. I used to drink nothing but diet coke, really struggling to find something to enjoy drinking nowadays. I don't miss the diet coke though, that's good :) xxx

Back