• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight loss ward

Im watching it now on catch up

heard about it on fb when a girl on there was insulting some of the patients, i am very passionate about the surgery as it has given me a life line and I am 14 months post surgery and just under 12 stone down.

People who have not been through what we have or are about to go through do not know what hard work it is and a huge change in lifestyle and not an easy option!

So be proud guys and girls its not easy its hard work and hi five to all of us merry christmas xx and hi five to nhs xx

I didn't like the way she put every obese patient in the same box. Saying we are comfort eaters and in denial and secret eaters etc yes its true for some but not all.

I agree we know the truth very cleverly edited!!

some of them people should come on here and see the real truth and the trials and tribulations and struggles we have all faced and speak to us then they will get honesty.

We are all inspirations to each other and those who havent got the courage as yet to do anything about it.

I remember i didnt have the courage it would be making an admittence that I was over weight and unhappy.

It took my mum to have a heart attack for me to do something about and have a wake up call, til then everyone thought i was happy was a lot of bravado deep inside i hurt like hell.

Im not saying i am 100% happy cos i still have other issues but i am incredibally proud of myself and happier than i was and have a better quality of life, everyday is still a struggle but you beat it some days you dont and i am sure we can all relate to that x

anyways rant over happy losing peeps xx

I didn't like the way she put every obese patient in the same box. Saying we are comfort eaters and in denial and secret eaters etc yes its true for some but not all.

I'd say its true for the majority of us, if we are honest with ourselves. Sometimes the truth is hard to hear, especially when it comes from someone else. ll the things that nurse said, was portrayed in the patients shown tonight.

Omg that gastric balloon looks nasty - full respect to anyone who goes through that and HUGE respect to all of you who have been put through the NHS mill to get surgery - you are amazing!

I refused the balloon consent!

Itv1 have been follwing a few patients journeys at Sunderland Hospital the documentry is in 2 parts and starts next wednesday (12th) at 8pm, have a look if your free :)

Thank you for publicising this show - I would have missed it if you hadn't. I found it very very interesting.

Gotta admit - Kim could have been talking about me. I'm a comfort eater, binger, and secret eater - I lied to others and myself about what I'd consume. Always have done - its what got me here in the first place - earliest memory is of me lying to my gran when she'd ask me if I'd had tea at home (just so I could have another tea). But I'm working on it.

hi guys part 2 is tonight, ive been told its a more positive show tonight mainly focusing on sucess stories. Have a look see what you think tonight 8pm
(19th) straight after Corrie again

Yes last one was only 2 parts

Didn't that man do well nearly 5 stone in 5 weeks with the balloon, I wish I could do that in 5 weeks

Not at the expense of making him ill tho? I wouldn't be wanting to be throwing up for 5 weeks.
Not sure what I'm thinking about it so far...but ill keep on watching :)

Oh my word! I truly thank God that I didn't need a balloon- seeing that frit me good and proper !! That poor man. Didn't he do well to keep it off! Hope anyone waiting for the balloon hasn't been upset by it.
it was much better tonight. I'd love to see more episodes with people at goal and long termers though.
Interesting that in the NE you can get skin removal if you achieve a BMI of 28 (and that someone said most of their patients can't get to that BMI. There's loads on here who have got below 28. I wish the same applied here!

Last edited:
Back