• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what can I expect from my sleep apnoea test?

I have sleep apnoea. i sleep wearing a mask everynight. Did they let you take the machine home or did you sleep at the hospital? In my case they put the machine and cables on me and I went home with it. The next day I returned the machine.

I have sleep apnoea. i sleep wearing a mask everynight. Did they let you take the machine home or did you sleep at the hospital? In my case they put the machine and cables on me and I went home with it. The next day I returned the machine.
no they just gave me the small one that fits on your finger, now I have to go back to have the one you had, i'll be doing it at home :) xxx

Caren said:
no they just gave me the small one that fits on your finger, now I have to go back to have the one you had, i'll be doing it at home :) xxx

That's the type i had , but with sats of 35% at times , there was no doubt with my results x

Good luck with the test Caren (sorry I'm late to this!) I had to wear the one at home for 2 nights. Funny how different places do different methods for the same outcome ........

Dinda said:
Good luck with the test Caren (sorry I'm late to this!) I had to wear the one at home for 2 nights. Funny how different places do different methods for the same outcome ........

Thanks dinda :) xxx

from me phone :D

Well as I used to work on a sleep lab I shall tell you :p

You will have tubes up your nose and a gazzilion wires on your head and legs and you will then fall asleep and hopefully wake up the next morning all happy and done:p

Ric said:
Well as I used to work on a sleep lab I shall tell you :p

You will have tubes up your nose and a gazzilion wires on your head and legs and you will then fall asleep and hopefully wake up the next morning all happy and done:p

Lol so I won't be able to go to work after the hossie then? I'm not staying in, I'm coming home x

ok i took my little finger machine back this morning for the results and the are inconclusive. He said there are hiccups and something is not right so I have to go back on the 22nd December for a Embletta test, which involves a chest thing and nose thing hahaha not really sure :) xxx

Oh gawd, Caren :eek: would have been nice for it to have gone your way for once, lovely, but at least you have another chance to show that you have SA.
So everyone, we get to go through the naughty little girl, won't go to bed scenario, all over again on the 22nd :rolleyes::rolleyes: No wonder I keep finding grey hairs :D xxx

Wouldn't that be the best Xmas pressie if they said you did have it ? ( it sounds awful wishing illnesses on someone , but its done for the right reason )

Lol so I won't be able to go to work after the hossie then? I'm not staying in, I'm coming home x

They only need four hours of data and my patients once awake were allowed to leave, between the hours of 6 and 8 although sooner sometimes

Most went onto work

Did you find out why you had to bring a partner???
yeah so that they could ask them about my sleeping patterns, but i live alone lol

Oh gawd, Caren :eek: would have been nice for it to have gone your way for once, lovely, but at least you have another chance to show that you have SA.
So everyone, we get to go through the naughty little girl, won't go to bed scenario, all over again on the 22nd :rolleyes::rolleyes: No wonder I keep finding grey hairs :D xxx
thanks twink, but i might not have it lol

and as for the nawty girl not wanting to go to bed, you made me and i wasnt tired!!!!!!! i laid awake for hours!! lol took something to help me in the end :D xxx

thanks twink, but i might not have it lol

and as for the nawty girl not wanting to go to bed, you made me and i wasnt tired!!!!!!! i laid awake for hours!! lol took something to help me in the end :D xxx

Well we need to tire you out on the 22nd then ... 12hour shift at work followed by last minute Christmas shopping, a big meal & a tipple ... will that do it, do ya think :eek: I thought about you at 3am when I was turning my light out to go to sleep (ever the insomniac) & was convinced you would have been the land of nod for hours by then :sigh: clearly not. I will sing to you next time & you will gladly go to sleep then, to shut out the noise lol xxx :D

Well we need to tire you out on the 22nd then ... 12hour shift at work followed by last minute Christmas shopping, a big meal & a tipple ... will that do it, do ya think :eek: I thought about you at 3am when I was turning my light out to go to sleep (ever the insomniac) & was convinced you would have been the land of nod for hours by then :sigh: clearly not. I will sing to you next time & you will gladly go to sleep then, to shut out the noise lol xxx :D
omg no singing thanks :D im due to work till 12 that night but i think they're gonna put the dtraps etc on me at 4.30 so wont be able to go to work with them on lol little stunner on the till hahahaha x

imagine sitting on the checkout with tubes up your nose and wires stuck all over you. lol x

imagine sitting on the checkout with tubes up your nose and wires stuck all over you. lol x
lol god knows what people would think!!! :D i'll have to let them know tomorrow that i cant work lol

omg no singing thanks :D im due to work till 12 that night but i think they're gonna put the dtraps etc on me at 4.30 so wont be able to go to work with them on lol little stunner on the till hahahaha x

What is a dtrap? Is it part of the SA equipment? Doh :(:( I've not had any tests so don't know the lingo :) You would look very fetching with your Santa hat too, bahahahaha xxx :D:D

What is a dtrap? Is it part of the SA equipment? Doh :(:( I've not had any tests so don't know the lingo :) You would look very fetching with your Santa hat too, bahahahaha xxx :D:D
lmao! i meant straps!! doh! and i dint wear the hat anymore lol gawd!

Back