• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What Hospitals on NHS

i went to st richards in chichester was a fabulas hospital im lucky to live in chichester tho so didnt have to travel

Sorry to ask but I saw Mr Somers last week at St Richards and am on the list for a bypass, what was your experience like and how was it all? It seemed really badly organised there when i went for my consultation...no-one seemed to know what was going on!

Hi Gail-michelle,
i am from blackpool too. I went to see Dr New on 2nd April 2009, and i had my bloods done. Last week they sent me for a sleep apnea test in preperation for the operation. i am just waiting for an appointment with the surgeon. I cant wait!!! I am so impatient, i would have it done tomorrow! I am going to give Dr News secretary a ring tomorrow to see what happens next?!?!
Did you say that you have already been to see Dr New or are you waiting for an appointment??

Hi Gail-michelle,
i am from blackpool too. I went to see Dr New on 2nd April 2009, and i had my bloods done. Last week they sent me for a sleep apnea test in preperation for the operation. i am just waiting for an appointment with the surgeon. I cant wait!!! I am so impatient, i would have it done tomorrow! I am going to give Dr News secretary a ring tomorrow to see what happens next?!?!
Did you say that you have already been to see Dr New or are you waiting for an appointment??
Hi there sue, I went to see Dr New on the 13th May, (had my bloods taken previous to this date 28th April). Then I went for my sleep apnea Test on the 19th May, Just:greenapple: awaiting for my funding to be passed now and then hey ho its on the way I go.:p Gail-Michelle.x

I am going to Telford hospial (princess Royal) to have my by-pass done. am having it done on the 27th of May (basically tommorrow). Im just gutted they dont do it closer to me.

hi i am under coventry university hospital i live in rugby and my bypass will be done at the manor walsall
regards rambo

just been referred to spire bristol, funding is approved

I have been referred via my gp last Friday to Mr Martin Richardson and not Mr Super as I 1st thought at Heartlands hospital.

After reading this thread am I on the understanding that the funding has to be applied for 1st or will Mr Richardson apply for it when I eventially get a appointment with him?

Can someone tell me how long it will take to get a appointment and what happens next? will I have to attend a weight management at the hospital 1st? or will I get to see the consultant on 1st appointment?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Jezabelle I think the process for the Heartlands will be the same as for walsall in that your referral will go the hospital and they will from that info make a decission if you are suitable to proceed and then they apply for funding and I think you may have to do a weight management course there first too as they do have a weightmanagement clinic that you can attend even if you are not having wls. But can't be sure the best things is wait a coupl of week then ring the heartlands and ask them whats going on and what the process HTH

Thank you for the reply Terri... I don't mind if they do say that I have to attend a weight management as long as I get to have the band at the end of it all.. It would of course be fantastic if I didn't, but can't see that happening to be honest.

Please advise me...

Hello all,

I am 23stones and i have tried everything possible to loose weight. Even locked my jaws permanently for 3 month (3 times) to loose weight but i never really loose enough before i start to gain it back and i know my only option for a normal weight would be gastric bypass or banding.

I initially discussed this with my GP who was very unhelpful, then i changed surgery and had this doctor that was God sent. Was willing to see it through that i get funding for the surgery.

Unfortunately, he has now left the surgery nd i now have a new doctor who is again reluctant to help even though the endriconolgist has confirmed that i need the surgery.

A formal letter was sent to the luton and dunstable hospital on my behalf and true to the endriconologists prediction, i was declined on the fact that i am not diabetic (yet) even though my BMI is 40 and i have a family history of diabetes. I am now in the process of appealing but like i said, my new doctor is not showing much interest in helping me which is really frustrating to me. So for those who have been successful in getting the PCT funding, could you please advise what i can do to make this dream come true for me? I have written a personal letter to the doctor already, explaining what difference the weight loss will make to my life in general. you know not being judged by my looks first before anything else....

so please i need help here as i am desperate and i cany afford to pay for the surgery myself...

Hi. You might be better putting a message on the main surgical forum bit as more people will see it. I'm sure someone will be able to help you!!!

I'm down for York hospital (I also had the choice of Doncaster). I'm surprised that I wasn't offered one in Leeds though as I live a lot closer to Leeds than York? I wonder if I could change? Any ideas if this would be possible?

im under Bradford PCT but have been funded and am off to The Spire in Leeds under Mr Pollard:D

im under Bradford PCT but have been funded and am off to The Spire in Leeds under Mr Pollard:D

Ditto bar the fact i'm in Leeds already, Mr Pollard is a lovely bloke, and all i talk to about him have nothing but praise, having my op on 25 August

Ditto bar the fact i'm in Leeds already, Mr Pollard is a lovely bloke, and all i talk to about him have nothing but praise, having my op on 25 August

Thanks for that Marky its nice to hear something good about the surgeon, now so long as he doesnt say no he will still be a lovely bloke lol... if he does say no then im sorry but his lovelyness might be shortlived pmsl.
My first appt next week and as most on here im cacking it as not know what to expect !
Glad to see you are on the road congrats :D

Back