• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What Hospitals on NHS

Thanks for that Marky its nice to hear something good about the surgeon, now so long as he doesnt say no he will still be a lovely bloke lol... if he does say no then im sorry but his lovelyness might be shortlived pmsl.
My first appt next week and as most on here im cacking it as not know what to expect !
Glad to see you are on the road congrats :D

i hope by now you've perused that booklet i mailed you....that should fill you with alot more confidence....you meet the BMI part of the NICE guidelines, and if you have co-morbidities all the better (in a weird way!) ;)

hi, i had a choose of "heartlands birmingham" or "luton & dunstable" went for l&d because heartlands only do the band.

hi all im in liverpool and ive got my consultation appointment this month at murryfield spire hosp on the wirral and when i go im hoping he gives me a date fofr op or that i wont have to wait long b4 i get it fingers xd would like it b4 crimbo just so i dont pig out on choc as i am a sweetie.xx

I was NHS and sent to Leeds Nuffield under Mr Dexter. Can not praise him enough. My kids have even named their hamster after him!

Hi all, not having my bypass on saturday now. Shaw Somers just called and said I need to go on the Milk diet!? first for at least 7 days. Should imagine you dont need to do that with the band as the band was what i was originally having done. should be week after next now x

had mine 27th aug at st richards with lovely mr slater.
Great hospital lovley staff.
Long waiting list tho.

I'm down for St Richards on 27th November was originally with Shaw Somers but now with Guy Slater. Pre op is on 13th November.

had my RNY at Homerton on 4 December 09 by Yashwant Koak

I had my gastric bypass at Spire Southampton under Mr Jamie Kelly, funded by Portsmouth PCT.

Luton and Dunstable on the 28th January 2010, with Mr Date. Funded by the NHS. I was given funding because of sleep apnoea.

I had my RNY Bypass at Castle Hill Hospital in Cottingham, Near Hull.

I am waiting for op, i go to the Luton & Dunstable hospital.

Hi, Im in Manchester and I was offered the Spire in Cheadle or Salford Royal(Hope).
I chose Salford Royal, it's nearer to me. I've been there a few times now and the staff all seem lovely, from the Surgeons to the cleaners.
Good Luck x

Hello could anyone who is having there surgery done at Walsall Manor please tell me how long they had to wait for surgery i have been on a weight managment course for the last 5 months and not sure if surgery will be a option at the end? x

Back