• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to tell people?

Yes mis...tummy bug has hit town !!! Shame you having to do this but that's families for you!!! Guess you're not brave enough to say for the first time you want Xmas at home, alone?!!! :)

Sadly can't as it ll be my brother 40th on 22nd and my parents r coming over from France so we are all going to be together this year which happens maybe once every 5 or so years so can't really turned it down + I get on well with all of them it is just that both my patents are very thin and just don't get the daily struggle and demons inside us... its just hard and don't want to make even harder.... like I said around them I feel like 5 again.

U couldjust say u are on a diet...watching the cals along with portion control...that wouldn't be untrue :)

Yes that kind of was my tactic... thanks Jo u r always here for me :):)

Just stalking you until I see your username changed :D

Emza said:
Hi Sue,

I only told my close family about my bypass which I had in August, and not I don't mind shouting it from the rooftops :D

Where are you in Kent, I live in Canterbury, so if you are not too far we can meet up for a chat and a cuppa :)

Good luck on your journey xx

Im in gillingham chick, I drive tho so that sounds good xx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I've told everyone. Work colleagues, friends & relatives.
I'm disabled and have always had to tell everyone all of my medical issues incase they are there when I take ill so telling them about my op didn't seem as issue.
I've had nothing but support. Once colleague confided in me that she was on the waiting list too.
My manager has a friend who has had the op and knows the downsides as well as the positives so she's been a little concerned but nothing but helpful & downright lovely.
xx

Well I need to think of another name .... any ideas?

Hopeful?!

I just don't have the will to try to re-educate people about why this is the only thing that will work for me - and I think that is basically the problem - prejudices against people taking the surgery route are rooted in ignorance and negative media press.

At a time when I need to be focusing on me, I'm going to avoid the detractors by keeping them out of the loop.

QUOTE]

thank you - that makes perfect sense.... I have told my mum, my 2 children 13 & 15 & will also tell my cousin who is coming to stay whilst I have surgery

I am proud of the fact that I have decided to have WLS and hence I tell any who listens. I start by saying " hopefully this time next year I will be slimmer" then they as " how come" I even mentioned it at a funeral I attended to cousins I have not seen for 24 years and one of their wifes said that a friend had the surgery.
Everyone there had nothing but praise and were happy for me.

Very nice thanks beebs. Or for me the French theatre piece les miserables :)

hey, ive told my hubby, and sister and a couple of close work colleages, i have decided not to tell me closest friends because i know some wwill worry too much and they have their own things to worry about and some will try and talk me out of it.

I will tell them after ive had my op and have decided i will be open with anyone about my surgery.

A friend of a friend told no one, friends, work (obv close family knew) and the people that did care about her then thought she had a very bad illness (cancer etc) because of her rapid weight loss and really did worry about her, i wouldnt want people to think that of me...

I have made the decision to have the op, but dont want others to be let down if i dont get funding, which is another reason i am waiting until the op has actually happened before i tell people.

Back