• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to tell people?

JO28172

miserable

Yes great, need to update my diary really. Working in a tan this week end :)

mrsrule

I have been telling people, if they don't like it then tough as far as I am concerned! I am a self employed beauty therapist and am telling customers as will be taking 2 weeks off to recover. Friends, family and husband are supportive in the main, a lot don't understand food addiction but as this is my 2nd bypass they know I know the risks etc .

Miss DeeDee

Post Opper
I havent told hardly anyone, those who know, want to talk about it all the time - it gets on my nerves, I am still me, I just had an op - but thats all they are interested in - which is why i have limited who knows, i love being the smaller me, but they forget we are the same - just less of us - so I am glad i havent told many people.

At work I just told them I needed an op - and the Dr put post op recovery on my sick note

MoonCake

I'm not going to tell anyone if I get approved for surgery (obviously my parents and husband) but have found alot of people are so negative and that's the last thing il need!

MoonCake xXx

fjsinc

I've told my husband (who has been there every step of the way - even speaking for me when I was too emotional to do it), my parents, my best friend, some close colleagues and my boss (who is very understanding).
I wont be shouting from the rooftops, I too just cant stand the reaction. Yesterday, I went my GPs surgery to enquire about the referral, and the receptionist near enough shouted "oh you're the lady who's having the bariatric surgery". I was not best pleased, and told her she didn't have to broadcast it!

I do keep wondering what I will tell people as I begin to lose weight though, I suspect I will be honest.

I just have to keep reassuring myself that it cant possibly the easy way out, as I've tried everything else! But even so, I cant help shake the idea that I have failed at the "hard way" - its indoctrination! HaHa.

happy days

You say you can't help thinking you've failed the hard way !!!
Your going for surgery and a life changing commitment, this is the hard way. Good luck with your journey x

fjsinc

Thank you. I dont actually think that on a conscious level, Ha Ha. I said that because it is a common perception (especially in the media), regardless of whether its true or not. This is why I say its indoctrination.

I forgot to say in the earlier post, that 1 person I can't bear to tell is my sister. This because she has lost 12 stone (in a year) without intervention.

Last edited: