• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whats the worst thing anyone ever said to you about your weight?

Maybe now that you know him, you find his face fits his personality?

Yes, it does. He has this sort of twinkle that I love, and he occasionally smiles in a certain way and I think pwoar. But I did have to snigger at your question first. You see has a moustache, he has always had it, and in all the time we have been together he has only shaved it twice (once for a bet and once for charity) - but I really hate his face without it and the second time he asked me why I disliked it so much, I meant to say that he looks like he has a very thin top lip that somehow reminds me of a bum cheek (sideways of course) - but I was slightly inhebriated and it came out as - your face looks like a slapped arse!! I am so mature lol:D

He is a type 1 diabetic and has MH issues

Let's see if we can start a list of the most annoying things people say to someone in reference to their weight.

I actually have quite a few, but the one that springs to mind at the moment is;

"Oh but it's such a shame, you have such a pretty face!!"

That must be the classic, whenever you hear someone talking about a fat person, they will always say "such a bubbly personality and such a pretty face"!

The worst thing said to me was as a not so fat 19 yr old by my step-Dad... "just look at you, you fat frog no wonder you don't have a boyfriend, just look at the state of you" has haunted me for years and I have never worked out why a "fat frog" it's not like I have long legs or anything! LOL
x

OOnion said:
That must be the classic, whenever you hear someone talking about a fat person, they will always say "such a bubbly personality and such a pretty face"!

The worst thing said to me was as a not so fat 19 yr old by my step-Dad... "just look at you, you fat frog no wonder you don't have a boyfriend, just look at the state of you" has haunted me for years and I have never worked out why a "fat frog" it's not like I have long legs or anything! LOL
x

That's horrible!!!!!! Things do stick with you. Being tall and fat I had king kong and gorilla from family. So nice :D

Where partners are concerned, I have dated chunky and very slim.,I have been with my partner nearly 6 years now. He is 6ft 2 and very slim. He had short hair when we met. It's now long. Both ways look hot. He is a lot more shy than me. I find that cute too. When he shaves his goaty and moustache off, he looks different, but still I find him yummy. I will never criticise his appearance other than when he needs something smarter on, I will find something new out and suggest he changes.

I know how deep words can cut and choose not to use them in that way. I have varied 9 stone difference in a short time together and he has never put me down or made me feel he is ashamed to be seen with me. So I tell him he is gorgeous and sexy and he keeps me confident that he thinks the same of me. Though he is not as good with words as me lol

Usual picked on all the way through all three schools I went to which stayed with me.

Fat smurf, when I had blue hair.

Grotbags, where's your broom.

Had beer cans thrown at me on the last train home several times.

Had tins of tomatoes thrown at me by the kids walking home from school once.

Walking up the hill past youths or drunk people having earthquake, wibble wobble, who ate all the pies, etc shouted at me.

In London recently had a drunk guy follow me shouting oh you fat ladybird because i was wearing my red polka dot shrug then his mate groped me sexually.

My mum always called me her little baby elephant because she was mummy elephant it didn't bother me until one day it did then I told her and she stopped.

Things like hearing people 'whisper' oi look at this fat slag etc

Although I think the funniest was when my skinny friend was over from the us, I took her out and we were waiting for the bus and playing a game of how do you think this place name is pronounced. The woman beside us shouted at us to shut up as we were annoying. I said we would tone it down but we had a right to talk. So we got on the bus, which was empty, went up stairs out the way. She followed us. After abusing us about our look, hair colour, style and personality she started on my weight. Then how because I had red hair, was fat, and had tattoos I was sponging off the government. I just replied I own business, I pay my own tax, stop being such a weirdo then we got off the bus.

Omg!!! Kitty, people have been disgusting to you!!!

Maybe because I am so tall and big people are afraid to be so in my face with their crap. But damn, what out and out rudeness!!!

And to be groped!!! Shocking!!!

I think because I'm fat and I dress goth people are intimidated so its all pitchforks and torches

HiddenBeauty said:
I think because I'm fat and I dress goth people are intimidated so its all pitchforks and torches

Just disgusting though. People need to seriously fix up. This ain't the dark ages!

I find it's not so much what people say, it's the looks that people give you.

You children are the worst with lots of pointing and sniggering.

In the last two years I've suffererd from a lymphoedema in my abdomen so I have a huge lump in a very awkward place. The people looking at my crutch got so bad that I now only ever go out when I have to.

awww there are some heart wrenching things on here :cry: so upsetting :(

Caren said:
awww there are some heart wrenching things on here :cry: so upsetting :(

I agree :( I wish some people could see it and see that we don't just have a fat, lazy easy life :(

(((((group hug)))))

Yes I think a group hug is needed here. I remember beign told at a medical when i was 17 and starting a new job that I would be a pretty little thing if i lost a bit weight I was 14 stone and size 16-18. That has stuck with me throughout. This morning looking at fb I saw a comment from a male work colleague who is gay, been to a concert last night and commenting that 2 large heffers were his words sitting the next seat to him apparently they were touching him when they sat down and other people have come in and commented that how they had the same problem fat people next tothem and in front of others and how disgusting they were they smelt really bad and one comment was the guy should have had to pay for 2 seats, i was apalled and after iscussing it with my daughter as i knoiw you ahve to be careful with fb I have just said that i am ashamed of him with those comments. I am disgusted and will have something tosay to him when i get back to school and he is a teacher.!!

That is shocking Chrisa. Is it any wonder that kids walk around being nasty when its condoned by the older generations?

What a horrible person Chrisa :( Fat bashing is the acceptable prejudice it seems :(

I agree wholeheartedly with that. I also think that it doesn't help when the government gets onboard with the 'obesity crisis' etc. Its practically written in law that fat people should be allowed to continue as they are.

Yvessa said:
I agree wholeheartedly with that. I also think that it doesn't help when the government gets onboard with the 'obesity crisis' etc. Its practically written in law that fat people should be allowed to continue as they are.

Things are very strange at present. Not sure what the answer is tbh :(

I think the answer is fairly simple. We need people in authority to respect all people. As adults we model appropriate behaviour for our children, not just ours but all children. If a child sees other adults being nasty about someone heavy/someone different etc, then they will do it. If however a child is taught that it is hurtful and unacceptable they won't. I honestly believe its that simple. And too many people have horrid attitudes or are just horrid people.

As a teacher I see/hear some horrible stuff about childrens lives. And often I really feel for some of these kids, who live such difficult lives without even realising it sometimes.

It's about time that obesity is classified along with race, disabilty etc so that hate against people like us becomes ilegal

Back