• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why don't Long Termer's stay around ?

I think long termers eventually just keek in every so often because their lives get so much busier. I ended up being well enough to go back to work which took up most of my time. The rest was spent with my family. I've been on a bit more recently cos I'm off work again and have more spare time and I've been trawling through older posts to get answers to some questions I have.

I think long termers eventually just keek in every so often because their lives get so much busier. I ended up being well enough to go back to work which took up most of my time. The rest was spent with my family. I've been on a bit more recently cos I'm off work again and have more spare time and I've been trawling through older posts to get answers to some questions I have.

Your definetly right,I'm so much busier now but I still like to nosey about on this site .
You know while we've been having this hotter weather I've been getting dreadful headaches!
It's still a struggle to keep drinking enough,it's always been a problem for me even before this bypass.
Yesterday I got so thirsty I gulped down a glass of juice in desperation...big mistake!
I was wriggling on the floor in agony,obviously I'd drank far to much for my insides to handle...lol

Your definetly right,I'm so much busier now but I still like to nosey about on this site .
You know while we've been having this hotter weather I've been getting dreadful headaches!
It's still a struggle to keep drinking enough,it's always been a problem for me even before this bypass.
Yesterday I got so thirsty I gulped down a glass of juice in desperation...big mistake!
I was wriggling on the floor in agony,obviously I'd drank far to much for my insides to handle...lol

Yep I did the same too yesterday Emma and oh boy did it hurt! I felt so bagged up for a long time after. I went to bed feeling headachy and miserable..so probably dehydrated as well.
I'm struggling with getting adequate fluids in and I really miss "necking" a glass of whatever down in a oner to quench the thirst. Also miss my soda water at times like this :(. Another hot day predicted today so I am going to have to screw the head on and arm myself with a bottle of juice at all times.

Bingo! I sooooo miss being able to down a large cool drink on a hot day, COLD juice, diet irn bru (that's the liberal amount of Scottish blood in my ancestry). I never knew that was going to happen.

Still, sigh, I can't even drink a cold drink now let alone neck one.

Nice boiling latte, and some hot mushroom soup that I made yesterday for me, no wonder I stopped drinking when I didn't feel well over the weekend!

Glad I'm not the only one struggling with getting enough fluids in. It's really hard. Maybe we should start a thread and keep each other on track with fluids X

Yep I did the same too yesterday Emma and oh boy did it hurt! I felt so bagged up for a long time after. I went to bed feeling headachy and miserable..so probably dehydrated as well. I'm struggling with getting adequate fluids in and I really miss "necking" a glass of whatever down in a oner to quench the thirst. Also miss my soda water at times like this :(. Another hot day predicted today so I am going to have to screw the head on and arm myself with a bottle of juice at all times.

Bloody hurts doesn't it frankie!..lol

Bingo! I sooooo miss being able to down a large cool drink on a hot day, COLD juice, diet irn bru (that's the liberal amount of Scottish blood in my ancestry). I never knew that was going to happen. Still, sigh, I can't even drink a cold drink now let alone neck one. Nice boiling latte, and some hot mushroom soup that I made yesterday for me, no wonder I stopped drinking when I didn't feel well over the weekend!

I've never ever been a fizzy pop drinker just on the odd occasion ,but in this weather you've made my mouth water with the mention of iron bru!
I sooo miss not been able to drink "normal" can I ask why is it you can't drink "cold" drinks jemima?
I can't eat certain foods as they "burn" my insides.

If I have anything at all cold it sets of spasms in my stomach, then hours of nausea. Bit like having a hamster running around its wheel (whilst being on crack!!).

Have microwaved yoghurt (shudder), Brie, strawberries, hummus. Yuk!!

Is that only very cold drinks, or do you feel that even when their room temperature? I get it if I drink really cold drinks too quickly. Room temperature drinks are okay though.

It's anything room temperature or even lukewarm. Hot like just boiled is the only thing that doesn't wake up the hamster.

Ice lollies are what works for me when really thirsty

Thanks nanny ..never thought of that one x

HI Emma, awful day yesterday pain started around 10:30am still bad all last night 4 lots of buscopan, paracetamol, finally went to bed around 10pm been at work all day lone working like that. Crippled struggling to walk at times for the pain, got home but no better was seriously considering hospital. plenty burping but no down wind thought it must be wind that's the only thing that prevented me going to hospital was thinking Charlie horse pains. Managed to get bit more comfy in bed, finally around 2:30 am managed to release some down wind. Finally up at 6am n pain gone thank goodness for that, was the longest one yet, dunno what set it off, but goodness me never want that again its was by far the worst yet. xx

HI Emma, awful day yesterday pain started around 10:30am still bad all last night 4 lots of buscopan, paracetamol, finally went to bed around 10pm been at work all day lone working like that. Crippled struggling to walk at times for the pain, got home but no better was seriously considering hospital. plenty burping but no down wind thought it must be wind that's the only thing that prevented me going to hospital was thinking Charlie horse pains. Managed to get bit more comfy in bed, finally around 2:30 am managed to release some down wind. Finally up at 6am n pain gone thank goodness for that, was the longest one yet, dunno what set it off, but goodness me never want that again its was by far the worst yet. xx

I really know how you feel Chrisa,there's been several times I thought I'd have to get my daughter to ring for an ambulance.
Do you still take lanzorosole daily to see if you can keep it under control?

They stopped my lansoprazole at 1yr post. Still sore yesterday but not as bad, we will see how it will go today, but if no better tomorrow may have to visit gp. Its buscopan 2 tablets 4 times a day for the next few days. It is settling though, even considered a water infection. x Am in night shift this evening so really hope it doesn't play up tonight. xxx We lone work so there is no one to take over should I take bad. Typical isn't it x I always worry incase its a twisted bowel and have heard people having been taken to hospital and bowels have nearly burst. Its a worry. xxx

They stopped my lansoprazole at 1yr post. Still sore yesterday but not as bad, we will see how it will go today, but if no better tomorrow may have to visit gp. Its buscopan 2 tablets 4 times a day for the next few days. It is settling though, even considered a water infection. x Am in night shift this evening so really hope it doesn't play up tonight. xxx We lone work so there is no one to take over should I take bad. Typical isn't it x I always worry incase its a twisted bowel and have heard people having been taken to hospital and bowels have nearly burst. Its a worry. xxx

I still think the bowel kinks at some point,the wind bulids up and that's why these pains occur.
I've had all tests done...body scans,cameras etc...but still suffer.
It's good to know nothing sinister was found,but wish I could get an answer.
I don't think we ever will...might be worth asking about going back onto lanzaropsole as I have to take 2 a day now..and it's been 4 years now I've been taking xx

Hope you feel better soon Chrisa (((((((hugs)))))))xxx

thankfully it is feeling loads better today still feels slightly bruise inside and just taken my 2 nd lot of buscopan of the day. Just hope it behaves its self when I go to work later, nothing worse than feeling ill when not in your own home. I will think about the lansoprasole, I have been eating more grapes lately and strawberries thye have been my main fruits and we had a Chinese the other night well ni had a couple of spoons, teaspoon of rice, teaspoon of chicken chow mein 2 chicken balls, 2 chips n sweet n sour sauce after eating I felt blocked but 1 hr later had hot cup of tea and all was ok. IT WAS the following day around 10:30 when the pain started, so had same as above just wivout the chips, left the batter off the chicken balls, pain worse but all on my left even could feel it pulling on my shoulder like in the early days. Ha djust liquid after that could hardly walk coming home the pains were radiating down toward pubic bone at that point but tummy tender to touch around middle about bowel area I would say I did wonder if its been a build up of acid. Yesterday was at work still had some pain but it was less, Weetabix for breakfast, chicken n veg soup for lunch, 1 activia yoghurt, still had pains but no where near as bad as previously. Few niggles after tea. Early to bed 9pm up today Weetabix, small bit of veg and braised beef for lunch. Just had that early because I will be going for the bus to work around 2:40pm Can feel dull ache but that's it so hope fully as today and tomorrow progress the pain disappears and will make sure have nutha couple of full days on buscopan. Bloomin nightmare, have to be thankful I only get it now and again I know you have suffere much more Emma. Its bloody painful. I was doubled up at work on Saturday. Have to walk half a mile to get the bus and 1/2 when I get off at the other end my dad was concerned offered me a lift home form theres but the pains in pelvic area when I sat on bus were not very nice n I was better of walking trying to help wind move around if that's what it was? but highly likely it could be acid. THanks all. xxxx

Back