• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wow Im starting to see myself shrink

Hi carebear1,
My best friend was operated by Dr Mannur in Homerton earlier this year but she had the sleeve. She looks great. Good luck with ur upcoming op- you are in good hands :)

Aww thanks babe. Surgeon has changed now to Mr Agrawal :( just got the letter hope he is half as good. When I saw him in July he said he lost a patient :eek:

OMG I woke up with the realisation that this Xmas Eve will be 10 month post op. My habits r slipping back so I'm on a kick start to up my fitness level starting with a run today then yoga tomorrow and back to noting down what I ate.

Good news -I bought my first Elle dress in large- it fits- wahoo. My size 20 dresses are too baggy. So I'm a certified size 18 now with some 16 tops. I'm pear shaped so my bottom half still fits some 20s but I managed to fit into my first size 18 trousers bought for work.

What is a little disappointing is that I bought 2 dresses from Asos 4 months ago size 20/22 only wore each once and they are both so baggy its unflattering. So have a large charity bundle of size 20s to 26s to give away.

Nevertheless it is also truly a good feeling going into normal shops even if Im at the top end of their size range. Hello Oasis, Warehouse and River Island. I've even stopped my subscription to Evans. We have had a love hate relationship over the years- one that I am estactic to end. Dorothy Perkins has been a good staple during my Post op- and I've even purchased my first Kardashian Kollection dress- can't wait to receive that. Still... I'm a fashion hoard and I'm scared that this won't last. But got to think positive. Hopefully by Xmas day I will be 15st exactly...I must resist all the chocolate treats except my small once a day advent calendar. I worked out its 40 calories I can handle ;)

New pics may be end of December :)

Wahooo I popped into River Island and 18 on top was too big. So I bought some lovely size 16 tops. Can't believe this sleeve is really working. I'm becoming more happier in my clothed self- got to get to grips with the naked me.

Well this is me at 96kg. What a year? For health it was a good one but emotionally draining. Looking forward to a happier new year.

Attachments

• dec31st.jpg
    dec31st.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 246
aww u look lovely in this pic. ooh look at u wined and dined at some posh party lol x

94.5kg weigh in today. Weight loss has definitely slowed down but I must admit I was exercising almost 5 days a week for 6 months of this journey- now it is 3 days. And I am less paranoid about my protein intake (not totally a good idea I know). I'm finding when I stall that upping my calorie intake, water and more exercise seems to boost things back into gear.
I have my check up next week- fingers crossed every thing is going well but I have noticed my skin has eczema which I hadn't had for years so keen to know what my blood results say. I don't recognise the size 26 girl in the pictures from January 2012. Its weird cos the me that I see is normal but people around me are shocked on how I've changed. Only when I compare pics that I realise why they are shocked.
I received my KardashianKollection sequin dress- size 16. I was happy to find it was slightly baggy and I'm now wearing size 18 jeans and trousers. I have 5 stone to lose but to be honest if I lose 3 more this year I will be estactically over the moon.

Attachments

• Jan 2013.jpg
    Jan 2013.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 216
94.5kg weigh in today. Weight loss has definitely slowed down but I must admit I was exercising almost 5 days a week for 6 months of this journey- now it is 3 days. And I am less paranoid about my protein intake (not totally a good idea I know). I'm finding when I stall that upping my calorie intake, water and more exercise seems to boost things back into gear.
I have my check up next week- fingers crossed every thing is going well but I have noticed my skin has eczema which I hadn't had for years so keen to know what my blood results say. I don't recognise the size 26 girl in the pictures from January 2012. Its weird cos the me that I see is normal but people around me are shocked on how I've changed. Only when I compare pics that I realise why they are shocked.
I received my KardashianKollection sequin dress- size 16. I was happy to find it was slightly baggy and I'm now wearing size 18 jeans and trousers. I have 5 stone to lose but to be honest if I lose 3 more this year I will be estactically over the moon.

Gorgeous pic ;) x

My bypass is early Feb, though I have started to notice slight signs of weight loss. My neck being one of them...more firmer and my god...I have an adams apple!

Well its been almost a year post op. I had my check up with my doctor and she didn't recognise me. She last saw me in October. Bloods and other statistics are fine accept my Vitamin D- so will have to take tabs for that for 6 months.
She asked me if any side affects and I mentioned constipation and excess skin. Surveying my excess skin- to my surpirse- she has referred me for plastic surgery. She said it would most probably take a year so I needed to get the ball rolling now.
I am kind of scared but also relieved cos my breasts really depress me and I've hated my arms since a teenager. I think I can live with belly/back skin cos I want to have children first. My boyfriend has been very supportive either way.
I still have another 20kg to lose and losing a pound a week is becoming a struggle. But I know that is down to me and not being as militant as I was the first 10 months post op. So I intend to kick start my regime and up my exercise.
Anyway hope to post some valentines pics in the coming week. I have to say its so lovely fitting into L/XL in Mango and 16/18 in most shops. ;)

Well done girl, u look amazing!!!!

I'm nearly 3 months post op and have lost 4 stones but i still feel as though i've not lost much....i guess the lowest i've been is 16 1/2 stones and that was a long time ago so once my weight loss goes under 16 stones i should start to see my body changing shape :)

Post op now just shy of 2 weeks and already lost 3" from my chest and 2" from my neck. So finding decent tops shouldn't pose too much of a problem these days. Bottom bits are slowly shrinking too, but minimal compared with upper level. Still, good start after my bypass.

Well done girl, u look amazing!!!!

I'm nearly 3 months post op and have lost 4 stones but i still feel as though i've not lost much....i guess the lowest i've been is 16 1/2 stones and that was a long time ago so once my weight loss goes under 16 stones i should start to see my body changing shape :)

Hey don't worry. I felt like that 3 months post op but you see yourself everyday so you won't notice the change. Just be patient and keep working hard. :)

Thank you, i take pics of myself on the same day every month and to be honest when i compare pics from day one to now, can see the difference but my weight is on my stomach so i guess once i see that shrink, i shall jump for joy lol but until then i'm plodding along eating healthily, still cant manage certain soft foods so taling it nice n easy.......love my homemade spaghetti with minced chicken so have frozen little tubs with grated cheese, once it melts in the microwave, de-lish!!!!! :-D, still like a nice pint of cold milk too....so hope i'm getting enuff protein in, that is my biggest concern at mo

Well tomorrow will be my 1 year surgiversary. Don't think I spelt it right. In my pics I'm wearing size 14, 16, and 18. Got 20 kg minimum still to loose. But I have been referred to plastic surgery so my consulting app is tomorrow which is exactly one year since having the sleeve. Wow what a journey.

Attachments

• image-2533041669.jpg
    image-2533041669.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 231
  • image-452835157.jpg
    image-452835157.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 222
  • image-1394591393.jpg
    image-1394591393.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 206
  • image-2025162010.jpg
    image-2025162010.jpg
    424.9 KB · Views: 214
  • image-560380600.jpg
    image-560380600.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 233
Looking fab lady! :) I assume your op (and plastics) are private and not NHS as you live in Qatar? Are the plastics reasonably priced out there? Thanks for sharing x x

Back