• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS . . . !

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's American. I don't think it's going to help the majority of members, unless you were being ironic?

I find it hard to believe that this happens even in the USA . . . I feel it is treating surgery as something ‘frivolous’ when in reality it is a life changing event. I guess it is a way of promoting his clinic but the fact that bariatrics has become a ‘cash cow’ which is rapidly becoming akin to double glassing (what next salesmen at the door) disturbs me as it is disrespectful to those in need of surgery and to some degree takes away the achievement of going through with the op . . . I was told by my team that bariatrics is the new cosmetic surgery and they have many enquiries for teenagers or folk with relatively normal BMIs and some ‘normal’s’ even wanting to prevent weight gain in later liofe . . . on the positive side maybe we are all trend setters xx

OMG

I find it hard to believe that this happens even in the USA . . . I feel it is treating surgery as something ‘frivolous’ when in reality it is a life changing event. I guess it is a way of promoting his clinic but the fact that bariatrics has become a ‘cash cow’ which is rapidly becoming akin to double glassing (what next salesmen at the door) disturbs me as it is disrespectful to those in need of surgery and to some degree takes away the achievement of going through with the op . . . I was told by my team that bariatrics is the new cosmetic surgery and they have many enquiries for teenagers or folk with relatively normal BMIs and some ‘normal’s’ even wanting to prevent weight gain in later liofe . . . on the positive side maybe we are all trend setters xx

I hate to rake up 'old news' but i find your first few sentences absolutely fantastic....

Wine, diet coke..... what did you say about frivolous and surgery?

Now to get onto the post. There's a gameshow in every subject, we all watch and comment on The Biggest Loser , Supersize vs superskinny etc, in fact i think us fatties and ex fatties are more obsessed with fat programmes than the skinnies we all aim to be.....

I really liked this post and i have to say that i agree with you totally!! before i started this journey 2 years ago i had never been aware that the "public" where aware that there was such surgery, so i thought yippee get in there!!! i was under the illiusion that this was a secret surgery for the most needy of it and therefore my skinny chums would have no idea that i had had surgery nor would they ask intruding questions!!! now i'm frightened because its everywhere lol.. I'm not for one second implying that it should be hidden from view, but maybe not so blazze about the surgery and how its "going to solve all your problems with one quick op" so sign here and start making your monthly payments etc etc.. I'm glad more people know about it just not sure about the way its being "glamourised" on the T.v and the mags xxxxxxxxx hope your well kevin, we all have our whoops moments but we start again xx take care x

So is drinking a whole bottle of wine 6 weeks post op but each to their own eh? ;) ;););););)

I mean that you talk about taking surgery seriously yet you've posted about drinking wine newly post op and also having fizzy drinks.... That's exactly what i meant.

But hey , you paid for yours so it's okay...

I mean that you talk about taking surgery seriously yet you've posted about drinking wine newly post op and also having fizzy drinks.... That's exactly what i meant.

But hey , you paid for yours so it's okay...

Partaking in a competition to get Weight Loss Surgery is on a whole different scale (and context) of frivolity in comparison to drinking heavily newly out of surgery. The latter point made all the more frivolous and dare I say self-indulgent when it is self-funded.

Sorry I am not so perfect . . . so where did you get your medical degree ?

Don't worry, one day you may well be ...... :0clapper: :) Funny when I pull you up on something you either play the victim "don't shoot the messenger" "sorry I'm not perfect"

Your sarcasm is as good as your ability to present up to date, non-inflammatory, well-reasoned, well-researched articles. :) I have membership of the British Library near St. Pancras .... it's easy to obtain and you can scour through proper research papers. Don't worry, the library is really nice and much better than when it was located in Holborn. :D

Have a good day Kevin :)

LOL . . . I will never be perfect - well clearly not your version of perfect ! I truly doubt I would want to be perfect . . . would you . . . ?

I envy you, what a wonderful resource to have on your door step ~ I look forward to reading your future posts . . . xx

Final word - since I IMHO think you like an argument ....

1) how do you know what my "version of perfect" is - do you know me from somewhere?

2) if you do not espouse to be perfect; why apologise for not being so?

3) we all have wonderful resources on our doorsteps, our fingertips even ... No need to look forward to my future posts I, unlike you, do not aspire to be a disseminator of knowledge to arouse hackles, cause consternation nor perpetuate divide. I'm here to support and be supported first and foremost.

Ciao bello!

I make no apology for making information I find in the public domain available to those on here who choose to read it. I post all information I find, I do not sensor nor do I select – knowledge is power, some of the post I place I find” annoying and upsetting” but it would be wrong for me to be selective hence posting what and as I find. I do not truly believe that I have caused any consternation and if someone reads something which concerns them and causes them to go on and question further then this surely must be a good thing – support, in my opinion, is not all about patting someone on the back. I understand that an awful lot of people come here for support in all forms including information.
I sincerley wish you all the very best for your journey xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back