• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

You Saved My Life!!

Well done you, so pleased you are so positive and plenty time to sleep when you get home in your own bed. Kepp moving bit of walking every day bit further every day. Deep long breaths helps to and standing up straight. All things together aid the recovery, plenty fluids and I am sure you will be fine xx

Slept finally last night and I've slept a couple of hours since I've been home. No more gas pains just a very sore throat I'm guessing from surgery. Getting my water in and walked around Tesco for 20 minutes... I know everyone is different but I'd literally do this again in a heartbeat. I know I've been lucky not to have any pain at all. Thank you Chrisa and everybody else again..
Oh also my nurse weighed me yesterday I had put on 6.1 pounds since last Friday and just now I'm a stone down from that lol freaky but I was being pumped up with fluids so I'm technically 8 pounds down since last Friday :D :D :D

Good to hear that you are back home hun. You heal so much better there I think. Just don't over do things as it is so easy to forget that you have had a major op. Thankfully hubby was at home my first week out so he reined me in if i got a little too crazy lol. I think I was ten days post op before I ventured onto the scales as my tummy was really quite bloated & it looked like I was pregnant! Figured it would have been a major downer for me to have weighed myself But it was hard not to though :eek:.

That's a good start then give ya self some time to get into a routine and you will be just fine just follow the rules xx

You're doing so well, I'm pleased to hear that. Walking about Tesco? That's incredible, I didn't do that until one week post op. Great job!

Good to hear that you are back home hun. You heal so much better there I think. Just don't over do things as it is so easy to forget that you have had a major op. Thankfully hubby was at home my first week out so he reined me in if i got a little too crazy lol. I think I was ten days post op before I ventured onto the scales as my tummy was really quite bloated & it looked like I was pregnant! Figured it would have been a major downer for me to have weighed myself But it was hard not to though :eek:.

Loool yh I deffo have the preggo belly but I couldn't help but get on the scales. I'm staying at my mums for a lil while she wants to keep an eye on me. Yes! I already forget I've had major surgery I keep checking myself throughout the day especially when I get a lil tired and dnt want to rest. But thankfully I got a full nights sleep last night and that's helped tremendously. Just going to focus on getting my liquids in today

I didn't read your original post until today and it was so sad but I am overjoyed you came through your dark tunnel. Congratulations on your acheivements you will be an inspiration to others feeling the way you did and being able to battle on with the ssupport of this site. I look forewarned to reading your posts and following your journey it will be a rollercoaster ride but you are strong and will look back on where you were and realise how far you have come well done

I didn't read your original post until today and it was so sad but I am overjoyed you came through your dark tunnel. Congratulations on your acheivements you will be an inspiration to others feeling the way you did and being able to battle on with the ssupport of this site. I look forewarned to reading your posts and following your journey it will be a rollercoaster ride but you are strong and will look back on where you were and realise how far you have come well done

Thank you so much for your lovely words and encouragement. :) I really do want to be an inspiration to people who are like me. I've been making videos this whole time documenting my journey for that purpose but haven't felt ready to post them on youtube yet. Just trying to adjust and make sure I continue to get the help I need to be a success. It hasn't been and won't be a walk in the park, and even though I can't bring myself to read that post just yet, and have almost deleted it a few times :( just thinking back to how I felt back then, I really needed the extra time to prepare myself for this op. And I'm glad I had the support from everyone here to get me through. It still overwhelms me how much ppl care enough to help lil old me but seriously you guys are a godsend!
Mwah xx

I think Chyna sometimes it helps us by helping someone else. WE sometimes give out or knowledge and then realise we weren't following it our selves so we can make a correction to our own lives, we all need a bit of help throughout this journey of transition. xx

just read your post. I truly hope your now in a much better place it takes allsorts in life to make us what we go on to become

CONGRATS!!

Sorry for the delay in posting, havnt been about. Take it easy and Im so happy for you x

I've been trying to scramble through posts but I haven't mastered this site on my iPhone yet. I was desperate to know if Chyna had her surgery - yes, I'm so pleased for you. Lovely to hear you sound do chipper too. Keep it up x

CONGRATS!! Sorry for the delay in posting, havnt been about. Take it easy and Im so happy for you x

hiiiiiiiiiii!!!!! :D :D :D was wondering where you'd disappeared to! Thank you!! I'm taking it easy.. ish.. Lol just walking around a lot.. 38 pounds down from my highest weight in December so I'm quite chuffed :) hope you're ok xxx

I've been trying to scramble through posts but I haven't mastered this site on my iPhone yet. I was desperate to know if Chyna had her surgery - yes, I'm so pleased for you. Lovely to hear you sound do chipper too. Keep it up x

Awww thank you so much!! Me either the iphone app takes some getting used to lol! But yes I'm 2 weeks out tommorow and doing great! I'm really glad to be on the other side as a whole with the depression and the op. Feeling more like me again :)
Xxx

Sooo.. I'm up bored at my Grandmas.. And missing my Mummy as she's run off to Cuba and left me for 2 weeks lol! I've been lurking as per but finally went back to my flat last week and was loving my own bed a bit too much. It's crazy how tired I actually was but guys... 1 month already? It feels so surreal.
Anyway.. just letting everyone know I'm still ok.. Getting my fluids in etc.. Doing rubbish with the protein but they told me not to worry too much about that and spend time finding protein powder I like (suggestions?) the smell alone makes me gag.. And I've been vomiting the liquid iron. It's absolutely vile :'(
I did however go for an amaaaazing walk around the meadows in Sidcup with my Godmothers partner and about 100 dogs haha.. It was so much fun I didn't even realise I'd walked almost 2 miles. Crazy what a couple of stone can do aye? I'm going back this week as I literally fell in love with the place!

How is everyone?!
Xx

Attachments

• image-2413505869.jpg
    image-2413505869.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2430152238.jpg
    image-2430152238.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 77
  • image-3948653394.jpg
    image-3948653394.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Hi, I use impact Whey isolate from myprotein.com... Hope that helps. Tastes quite yummy and comes in quite a few nice flavors, it doesn't taste as heavy and disgusting as some other shakes. Glad you're still okay. X

HI Chyna pleased to hear you doing ok. I never did any shakes of protein etc. Juts had to eat it, drank milk, used low fat custard, yoghurt, blended meat/puree, tuna pureed down, pureed cod in parsley sauce, dairy lea triangles, all good sources of protein, will you r doc not let you have iron tablets they are tiny to swallow much better than liquid iron. Keep up the good work x

Sooo.. I'm up bored at my Grandmas.. And missing my Mummy as she's run off to Cuba and left me for 2 weeks lol! I've been lurking as per but finally went back to my flat last week and was loving my own bed a bit too much. It's crazy how tired I actually was but guys... 1 month already? It feels so surreal.
Anyway.. just letting everyone know I'm still ok.. Getting my fluids in etc.. Doing rubbish with the protein but they told me not to worry too much about that and spend time finding protein powder I like (suggestions?) the smell alone makes me gag.. And I've been vomiting the liquid iron. It's absolutely vile :'(
I did however go for an amaaaazing walk around the meadows in Sidcup with my Godmothers partner and about 100 dogs haha.. It was so much fun I didn't even realise I'd walked almost 2 miles. Crazy what a couple of stone can do aye? I'm going back this week as I literally fell in love with the place!

How is everyone?!
Xx

Wonderful to hear you doing so well! It's a amazing isn't it? Just a few stone really does make a difference and it also gives you the boost you need to go out and enjoy life.

For protein in the early days I used Reflex Diet Protein shakes, half a shake (prob all you need in one go) is 98 cals, 18 grams of protein and only 1 gram of sugar. They taste lovely too. Especially if you have them with chilled water. You can get them online :) Keep up the good work x

Back