• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

You Saved My Life!!

YOu sound so positive honey :) Are you uk or us based? If you're us based maybe have a look on theworldaccordingtoeggface.com for ideas.

YOu sound so positive honey :) Are you uk or us based? If you're us based maybe have a look on theworldaccordingtoeggface.com for ideas.

Thank you Yves I am a happy bunny lol.. I'm in the uk :) I've looked at her site but when I was pre op.. Thanks for reminding me I'm going to see what I can find xx

If your uk based I agree - I can totally recommend the my protein protein shakes - particularly chocolate smooth and vanilla! They taste like milk shakes.

HI Chyna pleased to hear you doing ok. I never did any shakes of protein etc. Juts had to eat it, drank milk, used low fat custard, yoghurt, blended meat/puree, tuna pureed down, pureed cod in parsley sauce, dairy lea triangles, all good sources of protein, will you r doc not let you have iron tablets they are tiny to swallow much better than liquid iron. Keep up the good work x

This was my initial idea to just eat it but it would be nice to find a shake I like just to have a little boost as I'm ready to start working out and dnt want to have to worry about something disagreeing with me in those times. Just starting new foods and I managed to dump on peanut butter.. Horrid.
I got some cheese strings but they're yuck.. I'll get some darylea tomorrow and try it with mashed up salmon or something :)
I'm going to the drs tomorrow to ask if I can get the iron pills.. My hospital was quite strict about things being in liquid form for the first three months but I really can't take it and don't want to end up with a deficiency :(
Thanks for your help once again Chrisa :) how are you? Xx

Hi, I use impact Whey isolate from myprotein.com... Hope that helps. Tastes quite yummy and comes in quite a few nice flavors, it doesn't taste as heavy and disgusting as some other shakes. Glad you're still okay. X

Ahh thank you so much! Do you reccomend any particular flavours? Or maybe if they do an unflavoured I can put some in yoghurt or something xo

Wonderful to hear you doing so well! It's a amazing isn't it? Just a few stone really does make a difference and it also gives you the boost you need to go out and enjoy life. For protein in the early days I used Reflex Diet Protein shakes, half a shake (prob all you need in one go) is 98 cals, 18 grams of protein and only 1 gram of sugar. They taste lovely too. Especially if you have them with chilled water. You can get them online :) Keep up the good work x

Shelley! Thank you I'm going to order this one too. I swear my food shopping is supposed to be cheaper now but these are costing me a mini fortune loool. My best friend is a bodybuilder so he gets what I don't like.. Hopefully I find one I like soon and I'm liking the nutritional info especially now I know I definitely dump on minimal sugar.
I will keep it up.. Promise :D
Hope you're well xx

Ahh thank you so much! Do you reccomend any particular flavours? Or maybe if they do an unflavoured I can put some in yoghurt or something xo
they do I'm flavored, but I recommend the strawberry and cream flavor. Good luck xx

Hi guys and dolls and a Happy New Year.. I've been lurking as usual and I'm glad everyone is well and Mazza will finally be having her surgery yayyyyy! Wishing her all the best.
As for me I planned on writing a new year catch up post but those who have read my first ever post know I had a very poorly cousin. Well after 15 months of fighting for his life he sadly passed away on Jan 3rd so I couldn't bring myself to do it.
No complications though everything is smooth sailing really. Sometimes I feel like I'm cheating cos I'm finding it all so easy but I have to remind myself that I was ready for this change and that's why I'm sticking to the plan.
I was a little dehydrated at my last check up so my nutritionist wants me on 2 litres a day instead of 1.5. I still don't eat 3 "meals" a day but that's more to do with old habits, I do however make sure I atleast get 50grams of protein in a day. I don't miss carbs and sweets one bit.. They just remind me of my binging days so I really avoid them. Almost 5 months out and I've only had one celebration on Christmas Day (which tasted crap btw) and a mouthful of my mums famous rum cake. I don't want to know if I dump or not so that's that really.
I know u guys want numbers so *drumroll* as of yesterday I am 18stone 7 and have lost a total of 99lbs from 25stone 8 :) I really wanted to lose 100lbs by January but it didn't happen and I'm really not deterred by it. I've also lost over 11inches round my stomach alone! I will do a proper progress tracker thingy soon as I find my book with everything written down.
I'm not really exercising so that's something I need a kick up the bum with.. I am much more active though I walk everywhere and enjoy it! My depression still lurks but hasn't bothered me much and my anxiety isn't really bothersome either although I'm still going to CBT and am thinking of doing another round of counselling. My mum was so bothered by my original post and how I felt around that time that she's decided to hang up her lawyer boots and is now studying to be a counsellor.. Crazy right? Lol.

Really though I'm probably the happiest I have been in a very long time. I'm going back to uni this month to study business management.. I've been going to job interviews since October and I've been on the bus 4 times loool! You all know these things are huge for me and I'm really loving the non scale victories more than the numbers. I'm not addicted to the scales and weigh myself every 3 weeks. Oh and I have a boyfriend now *blushes*
Life is really great and I have a hard time thinking I was stuck in the house for 3 years with no quality of life to now be doing everything I wanted to!

I guess I should show you all some pics now. *yikes* so the first one I will post is at my heaviest weight. It was the day I found out how much I weighed at the hospital and I was visibly very miserable.. And very wide. The next will be a body shot from last January and then 2 days ago (excuse the makeup all over my mirror) Next will be a face shot at my heaviest and then a face shot now :)
Feel free to drop me a msg if you have any questions as I know there are a few people like me who lurked on the site for ages without saying anything and I'd love to talk to some of you and help if I can.
Take care and big hugs to everyone xxx Chyna

Attachments

• image-2602572813.jpg
    image-2602572813.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 134
  • image-251474837.jpg
    image-251474837.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 133
  • image-3080455872.jpg
    image-3080455872.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 134
  • image-714907584.jpg
    image-714907584.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 138
  • image-455982357.jpg
    image-455982357.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
WOW WOW WOW! Your bypass was definitely bringing sexy back. You look totally gorgeous and have achieved so much, I don't know you and never read your first post, but I'm so happy for you! Really really amazing transformation xx

Wow china!!!! I have not read your original posts, but I can get the general idea, and I think a lot of us on here have felt to some degree like you did. I am a month today post sleeve, and am so glad I had it done, which I had done it years ago!!!!
I hope to be able to post some inspirational photos one day - u look absolutely stunning!!! Well done you!!!
Love and thanks for being an inspiration!!!
Love sal xxxx

Hi ChynaDoll
Glad it's all working out for you. I'm also under Dr Chang. Can't really fault her team including Dr Anwar for trying to sort out the problems with eating I've had since wls in December. Hopefully I'm turning the corner and great news on your progress.

What an emotion filled update Chyna. Im so sorry you lost your cousin hun :( but go mum on training to be a councillor wow
You look amazing & fabby and the nigh on 100lbs loss is brilliant. Girl you rock!!

WOW WOW WOW! Your bypass was definitely bringing sexy back. You look totally gorgeous and have achieved so much, I don't know you and never read your first post, but I'm so happy for you! Really really amazing transformation xx

Aww thank you so much :) xxx

Wow china!!!! I have not read your original posts, but I can get the general idea, and I think a lot of us on here have felt to some degree like you did. I am a month today post sleeve, and am so glad I had it done, which I had done it years ago!!!! I hope to be able to post some inspirational photos one day - u look absolutely stunning!!! Well done you!!! Love and thanks for being an inspiration!!! Love sal xxxx

Hello there ;)
Definitely agree on a lot of people feeling the same as me at some point. It was talking on here that made me realise I wasn't alone so it's been a blessing meeting such lovely people who have got through it and are getting through it.
Well done on getting through the first month, I found that my most difficult mentally but it was onwards and upwards from there! I hope you're getting on ok and you will definitely be able to post some pics trust me on that! I felt the exact same way looking at before and afters so it feels weird I'm half way to where I want to be.
Good luck and thank you for your lovely message , I'll be looking out for you and you're progress :)
Xxx

Hi ChynaDoll Glad it's all working out for you. I'm also under Dr Chang. Can't really fault her team including Dr Anwar for trying to sort out the problems with eating I've had since wls in December. Hopefully I'm turning the corner and great news on your progress.

Hello! I was originally under Dr Chang but actually had my surgery privately with Dr El Hasani. Miss Chang's list was full and I would have had to wait a couple of months more so she put me on his list as he had space for me.
I'm sorry to hear you've had problems with your surgery! What's the matter? You can PM me if you like but I also hope you're turning a corner and everything will be smooth sailing from here on out.
Xx

What an emotion filled update Chyna. Im so sorry you lost your cousin hun :( but go mum on training to be a councillor wow You look amazing & fabby and the nigh on 100lbs loss is brilliant. Girl you rock!!

Frankiiiieeeeeee <3
I know it was a horrible start to the new year but it's better he's not in pain anymore. Just got to get past the funeral on Thursday and I can start trying to adjust again *sigh*
I look at yours and Yves pics all the time you guys are doing amazingly and I expect nothing less! Truly inspirational women.
Thank you so much I'm trying to get used to being me again it's so weird isn't it lol! Enjoying the ride though it's so much fun ha!
Lots of love
Xxx

So good to hear from you Chyna, and looking HOT too! I'm sorry to hear about your cousin, I hope you can enjoy your good memories of him. That 100 lbs will be here soon enough and you'll start eating away at the next lot :D

Hi Chyna,

I am pretty new to this site and am waiting for a date for my bypass. Yours is such an inspirational story and I wish you the best of luck for your future. You were an attractive girl anyway before your surgery and now you are HOTTY! lol

Keep going and that 100lb loss will be with you shortly. xx

Back