• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Your PCT and its position on tummy tucks

I know i'm a long way off but would be interested on north east (co Durham ) area?????

I would also like to know about County Durham :)

I'm under Dudley PCT at Russell's Hall Hospital and was told at my appointment yesterday that they are not currently funding plastics after WLS.

I know i'm a long way off but would be interested on north east (co Durham ) area?????
I am on Teesside and here it is BMI of 18-27 held for 2 years - no exceptions.
I have lost 15 stone (and 34 BMI points) BMI of 29 and been turned down, saw a plastic surgeon about a knee issue (from years ago) and he said I should more than qualify and my surgery makes it unlikely that I would regain due to malabsorbtion (not sure about that myself - never be complacent). However, he cannot overturn the PCT decision

WEST SUFFOLK PCT.. jan/feb 2011

I live in Mildenhall (west suffolk) and my GP referred me to West Suffolk for a Tummy Tuck on the NHS.
After 3-4 months of waiting for any sort of reply/letter etc i asked my GP again what was happening.. a week later i got a phone call from the plastic surgeons clinic asking what my BMI is now. went to NHS web site and used their BMI calculater and told them. now knowing that things are in motion.... i get a call a few days later to book my 1st appointment.
I had the appointment last friday... and i was APPROVED. :0D

The surgery will be done at Adembrooks in Cambridge as West Suffolk in Bury st edmunds does not have the facilities!.. and it has a bad rep for infections!
The sergeion showed me the rules dated 2009....
if you have gained weight via pregnancy--> they will NOT fund the op.
if you have lost 10 BMI points or more.. they WILL fund it.
i was BMI 40 when i started loosing weight. i am BMI 22 now! so well over whats the min requirements.
he told me i was an "ideal candidate" as i do not smoke, drink and did the weight loss on my own (Thank You Cambridge weight plan).

he estimates the op in two months from friday.
Fingers XXed...

North Tees and Hartlepool PCT

Spoke with my GP today about, amongst other things, our PCT's position on reconstructive work after weight loss.

She told me she hasn't had a referral approved in 18 months.

Yes Kevin, lots of pcts insist on 2 years maintaining a healthy bmi. My 2 years is up in April!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Interested to hear about devon's pct. As far as i can see, no exceptions unless u are an extraordinary case. Well, i would feel extraordinary if they gave me a tt!

They do advise 2years but my pct (BEN) funded my tt 11 months after my bypass ;)

Good luck all on ur tt :)

does p'boro come under cambs? if so I think they are very generous when it comes to plastics?? Most PCT require you to maintain a healthy BMI for at least 2 years, but there are exceptions should there be a medical reason to have it done sooner, but the PCT said to me, can your GP tell us why you should need this sooner then other people waiting and reoccurring infections is not a good enough reason. So I had to wait 2 years and 6 months as I got to a healthy BMI 6 months after my bypass.

My PCT is North Lincolnshire and that is there criteria at the moment.

Hope this helps

Mandy x

Back