• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ellzee, Journey to find the REAL me

You have to take the hand tapping for the band!

What about using my ' been up all night being sick story ?' For when you meet the in laws, that way you can say I will just have some milk?

I am not planning on having anyone looking after me, in fact I have made arrangements to have my hair cut on the Tuesday. Just a nice steady week on my own to walk a bit and get acquainted with my new best friend!

It's time to start putting ourselves first, surely that's part of the banding process, let your husband get a taxi, we need to start reducing our stress, especially you during your milk phase!

I am still planning on a 5 day Exante final push, already dreading it, but looking forward to it as well as it will be the final push up to my band. I have ordered plenty of broccoli and mushrooms and I am going to make myself lots of fresh soup. I am starting to worry about losing my hair, I am on a mission to include 60/80gm protein into my diet, but keeping the calories low, plus the fat low too!

This time next week Laura!!!! Whoop whooopppp!
XxX

I have to agree to have someone stay with me for 24hrs so they can discharge me, otherwise I think they want you to stay in. Plus I'd rather be safe and make sure there aren't any issues.
You'll be fine on the VLCD, at least you have veg. I'd give anything for some veg right now!! And you'll be on the final countdown then too :)
I have no plans for the week I'm off, I'm just hoping it'll be enough. I've already told work I might opt to work from home for a second week. At least then I can stay in my PJs if my uniform is still tight and I'm still sore! x

Here goes day 3 of milk diet. I went to bed hungry last night which wasn't nice and felt it when I woke up but I know once today is over I'll be a third of the way through. Just got to hang on in there and enjoy my milk :) I have made some sugar free jelly for this evening though, yum yum!

Hi Laura.

Another day down! Hope you are doing alright?

No more Fridays without a band. You have less than a week to go, oh my goodness time is flying by!

This time next week you will be all done and dusted and back home nodding.

I will be all excited with my bag packed ready to go!

XxX

Good morning ladies, yes I am still milking it haha! I had a busy day yesterday but was feeling ok and better than the day before, no headaches at least. I'm glad I started a few days early ready for my busy day today. I'm now a third of the way through and by tomorrow I'll be half way through, woohoo!! I do keep getting hunger pains every now and then but I just have to roll with it, there isn't much I can do about it.
It's my busy day today, going to wether spoons for a family breakfast. I'm going to treat myself to a coffee and will just have to make sure they use semi-skimmed milk. I'm hoping nobody asks any questions about why I'm not eating, I just hate being the fat person on a diet as it's such a cliche!!
Once were done with breakfast we'll be home for lunch then heading down to Essex for the afternoon and the birthday party. I will take milk with me for the journey and can hopefully swig it in the car so nobody notices. I also like finger food as it's not so obvious that you haven't had anything. I usually eat so quick most people will just assume I've finished eating already anyway!
So I think today will be the hardest day, but at least I'll be kept busy ready to sail through to the half way point!
This point next week will be very different for both of us Denise, most of the waiting is over! x

So wetherspoons breakfast is done!! I could have murdered one of their big breakfasts but I resisted! I just sat with my cup of tea, it didn't kill me so it must have made me stronger :)
Now onto round 2 of my tough day. I've got ice packs galore ready to keep my precious milk cold in the car for the drive to Essex and for the kids party. Fingers crossed I survive! X

Hi Laura. Brilliant Wetherspoon news, but no surprise actually as you are so in the 'zone'! It's great to read about and is giving me loads of motivation for Exante on Monday! Just wander around with an empty plate at the kids party, not that anyone will even notice if you eat loads or nothing at all. Funny how we think other people are going to be noticing our food intake!

This time next week we will both be post oppers!

You are doing amazing Laura. Stay as focused as you are!

XxX

Thank you! Your going to do just fine with exante next week. It's just preparing you for the things you'll have to go without after the op.
This time next week the hard work will be starting :) xx

Morning Laura.

How did the party go? I had my final Chinese meal last night, all I had was duck pancakes and prawn toast, and like I said last night I might be able to still have **** afterwards, although it is high fat so I will have to try it!

We also went out for lunch with it being sunny, we live in a little village so at lunchtime we strolled down and sat outside the local Italian, I had my final final glass of prosecco, it was gorgeous especially in the sunshine. Hey Ho!

So today is just another dog walk, we tend to do about 4 miles with them, then starting to think about my hospital bag, I have got my dressing gown in the washer as I type!

Hope you enjoyed the sunshine!

Denise
XxX

Good morning! Well I am feeling very proud of myself as yesterday wasn't easy but I did it. So after avoiding breakfast we set off to our friends and were told they had got lunch ready for us! I had to decline the lovely tiger rolls they were making. I had taken my milk with me, so on the journey from their house to the kids party venue I had to chug down a pint of milk. Not easy as my husbands car has an incredibly hard suspension and I was getting thrown about all over the place! But it kept me going all through the kids party, I didn't want the little sandwiches or sausage rolls I usually go mad for! The only think I almost did was mindlessly reached for one of my husbands haribo! I stopped once I realised what I'd done.
So this morning me and my mum took our little guy for a nice hour long walk along the river, when he came home he drove my mums dog mad so she ran and hid under the table with my pint of strawberry milk on it. The whole lot went on the dogs, the floor, the sofa, she then shook and it went all over the alls. What an absolute nightmare! Plus my mum didn't have any milk so I had to come home again, I will have to find something to do to occupy myself now I cant just eat all day long.
Im glad you enjoyed your Chinese last night Denise, I bet it was lovely. And what a lovely day for a last glass of prosecco for a while! What will you have for your last dinner tonight before exante starts tomorrow?
Good luck, its definitely the final stretch now. We will both get a head start on those weight losses! xx

Hi Laura, blooming dogs, I bet you could have spit!

I am not surprised at all that you did so well yesterday, I am just hoping I can commit to my pre op diet as much as you have. I think it's the not think eating that will get us every time? I am going to make a conscious effort to be aware of what I am putting in my mouth, one day last week at work we had some biscuits and I was just shovelling them into my mouth, not once did I think about what I was doing till the last one, it's things like that I need to get on top of, and when I say me I mean me and my band!

Going to do a stuffed chicken breast wrapped in parma ham with some roast new pots and broccoli for tea, I wAnted something I have regularly so it's just a normal start to the diet.

Got all my only unused Exante out of the cupboard and a arranged them ready for this week, looking forward to not having to think about what I will be eating.

We are going to pop to Tesco for some storage tubs and then I am going to make myself some garlic mushroom soup for next week.

What are you planning on doing today? We are doing Tesco then off out with the dogs! We have just got Sky installed ready for my recuperation period but I am going to do some home working too when I am off work. But I do see a lot of ligging about watching Friends !!!

XxX

Good luck with exante today Denise!! You'll smash it, and it will be worth it once the scales begin to drop before you even have the op!
I'm over half way through the milk diet now, 9lbs down woohoo!
Have a great day x

9lbs Laura, oh my word well done you. Just think by the end of week 4 of your band you could be 2 stone down! Turns out I am now 13:12, when I had my consultation I was 13:8, and when I spoke to the dietitian she said I need to be that weight on procedure date, so I need to drop 4lb by Saturday morning!!!

Stick with the milk, it's just a matter of hours now!
I have started a diary, I want going to but then thought it can be my record!

You are doing brilliantly!

XxX

Oh you can do that no problem! What I have found really good with the milk diet is that I have no choice, I can't cheat. It's not like I am fighting it too much as it just isn't an option. They basically told me it shrinks the liver and makes it easier during the op so I don't want to risk that not happening! So if you get in the same mindset, you have no choice about sticking to it as you don't want to spoil your op, you'll be fine!
This week is the week :) x

Really struggling this evening and I don't know why. I can't stop thinking about food and for some reason burgers. I'm not even really hungry, I think I'm just missing my savoury after only having milk or savoury milk for so long :(
But I'm a third of the way through the milk diet, only 3 days to go! I think I'll just have an early night to make the new day come sooner x

It's amazing the tricks our minds can play!

You are doing great Laura, give yourself a massive pat on the back I say. You only have 3 days left, you can start counting down the hours, which is 72! Only 72 hours and you will be at work and asleep for the majority of those!

I have had a good day, stuck to Exante 3 meals but did have a bit of Parmesan cheese on my pasta carbonara. It's been thinking about how well you are doing that's kept me on the straight and narrow, so thanks for that Laura.

Hang in there !

XxX

Aww thanks! I know I won't cheat but I just wish I could get food out of my head, I'm not hungry, I know I can't have it so I wish I could stop thinking about it!
I do get scared about thinking there will be things I can never have. At the moment I'm not a picky eater at all and will eat anything. I can't stand the thought of being the person who goes to someone's house and has to pre warn them of the things I can and can't have! I guess that comes with time though, until then I'll just avoid letting people cook for me!
I'm so pleased you had a good day today on exante. You'll be back at your assessment weight before the op no problem!
Right, I'm counting down in hours now. I'll look for an app on my phone to keep me focused!! x

I use Countdown 365! I use it for holidays.

XxX

Back