• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ellzee, Journey to find the REAL me

Thank you both so much! I'm feeling better today, don't know why I was so fixated on food last night but it is only food at the end of the day and I need to start rewarding/treating myself in other ways. I've never been much of a girly girl but I'm going to make more effort to spend the money I would spend on takeaways and rubbish on things like manicures. That way I am not rewarding myself with food all the time. I would spend £30 on ordering pizza in the blink of an eye but the thought of spending that on treating myself always seemed too extravagant! So another 3lbs to go and I'll be in the 16st bracket. I never thought I'd be looking forward to getting there but hey ho, it's a step in the right direction. It would be a huge boost to get their before the op but if not it won't be long afterwards! Hope you all have another great day!! x

Last edited:
Not long to wait now ... Best of luck :)

Wowee not long now you n I started off at a similar weight! I'm sure you can get there to the 16's before the op Hun :) it's amazing how much extra money u have when u don't splurge it on food all the time x x x

Loving your countdown!

XxX

Wowee not long now you n I started off at a similar weight! I'm sure you can get there to the 16's before the op Hun :) it's amazing how much extra money u have when u don't splurge it on food all the time x x x

Thanks! Your stats are great, well done you! I hope I can have a great weight loss like so many people have seemed to have done here xx

Thanks Denise!! I want to make another one for pints of milk until the op but there isn't an app for that yet LOL!! :D xx

Hi Laura.

How has today been? Only 2 days left for you!

Did you get on the scales today?

I have just been to Tesco but only bought a pair of size 14 shorts and a pineapple! Neil decided he would have a bar of fruit and nut, which he porked straight down, thank goodness!

Have you started packing your bag yet?

XxX

Hello, I had a manic day at work yesterday and had to stay late which never pleases me! I then come home and have o carry on on my laptop, but the upside is that i wasnt bored and thought about food a million times less than I usually would. I managed to get all my milk in in the end, only 8 pints to go until op day :)
So the weight loss is a little slower now, I'm up to 10lbs lost but I dont think I'll make it into the 16s before Friday. I know it wont be long afterwards though, I know that will feel good when it happens.
Hows exante? Well done for sticking with it and shame on your husband for devouring the chocolate! I think mine is actually enjoying the excuse to be good too.
Anyway, everyone have a great day! x

Urgh, had carpet mouth all day today and no amount of drinking water or chewing gum has shifted it. Getting bored of this now, still, only 5 pints to go!! x

I can't believe you only have 5 pints left! Just 5 pints, how chuffed must you feel for sticking with it?
I am going great guns with the Exante, so much so that Neil reckons I am eating my money having a band as I am doing so well with it!!! I have pointed out that I am doing do well cos I only have to do it for 5 days!

We finally have a phone line so will be back online tonight, who would have thought I/ all of us would have missed the T'Interweb as much as we have ? Definitely not me, I had to charge my mobile 3 times on Sunday with all of my T'Interweb use !

These last 4 weeks have gone so fast Laura, I can't wait to see how much progress we make over the next 4 weeks!

I am expecting a call tomorrow from THG with an idea of where I will be hospital list wise!

Oh we are going to do fabulously I just know it!
XxX

Wasting my money not eating my money!

XxX

Oh well done you! It's funny, I thought the same once I started shedding a few lbs that maybe I could do it on my own but I realised the only benefit I have had the last week is that the choice is out of my hands. Every day on a VLCD you have to choose to stick to it and for the past 2 years I chose to cheat every other day!
My husband told his parents tonight, as I was starting to feel awful that they are back in the country for a few more days and we were avoiding seeing them. They were understanding and I just hope they do as they promised and not tell anyone. I've not told most of my family so I don't want them to tell all of my husbands.
So I'm beginning to feel nervous now. Tomorrow I'm leaving work early to go and get some comfy PJs to wear when I get home. I'm thinking I'll wear one of my maxi dresses home as they won't cling at all. Ooh getting into the nitty gritty now.
4 pints to go.... :) x

Ok, 24hrs and 4 pints left to go. I woke up this morning worried about saying goodbye to my husband before I leave for the hospital. It's so silly but I guess a little bit of me has to have in my mind that the worst could happen. But I know it's a 99.9% chance everything will be fine, it's just me being silly!
So we've decided as we haven't had a big holiday since new year (we went to Cape Town then but we can't have another one this year because of the op) once I am out and feeling better we are going to book Florida for next May. Eek I can't wait! Last time I went in 2012 was just after my VLCD and I weighed 13st and I felt amazing, so this time I will make it my mission to weigh less than that.
So I'm focusing on the positives now to stop me being a stupid worrier, not long to wait then I just have to concentrate on recovering. And learning an entire new way of eating of course!! x

Morning Laura.

How fast has the last 4 weeks gone? We are on the cusp of our new improved life! And to be fair I am seeing it as that, I can understand the worries, we would be daft if it didn't cross our minds but failure is not on our radar. So only 4 more milks for you, I have 5 meals, still only lost 3lb so far but think there will be a bit of movement tomorrow, but I don't know about you but I feel so good just having the motivation to stick to a diet, well an eating plan rather than a diet.

Fingers crossed your husbands parents keep your secret, I am sure they will, although if it was me I would probably tell someone who didn't know you, just so I could tell someone.

It's really funny but the last 2 weeks at work people are talking about bands and bypasses, I just pretend to have little knowledge or interest- if only they knew! My manager was trying to find out what procedure I was having yesterday I just said 'women's things ' which seemed to placate her! All I keep thinking is what will people say when I go back to work 1 stone down after 2 weeks off ??? I am already thinking of what I can say... Even though I am saying my 2 weeks off are to get into my dieting zone, and I am going to do lots of exercise. I wonder how it will all pan out?!?

Hope your last days go fast, I am going to use some old PJ's as I am determined not to buy any clothes for a few weeks, which also means I have my name down for the paper knickers!

Go Laura!
XxX

Hiya Hun good luck with your last day today you have smashed the milk diet. Natural to have worries but you will be fine just keep that in your mind x x

Oh Laura, I am giddy giddy for you and for me!

How you feeling?

XxX

Oh hi! So where to start today. Firstly, the milk diet is now officially OVER!! And thank you, I agree I did smash it didn't i? :) I don't think I'll make it to the 16st bracket for tomorrow but I should have lost 11lbs and I haven't struggled too much so I can't complain.
Today has been hard. After telling the in laws last night I asked my mum to tell my nanny and my auntie today. We only have a very small family and I love them all dearly, I couldn't stand the thought of them ever thinking Ian's parents knew and they didn't. But they were so good, both saying if they'd have had the chance years ago they would have jumped at it. So that felt like a weight off my mind.
So at work I just couldn't bring myself to tell anyone I was even taking time off. I sloped off at 3.30 while no one was looking and just stuck my head in to one of the managers offices to say I was going. She's only one of two people at work who knew I was having an op, but not what. She basically just said good luck and let them know I'm ok. With that I just ran away shouting out 'ok I will' through tears!! Oh I hate being emotional, it makes sloping away from work early in an inconspicuous fashion highly difficult!
So I went into town, treated myself to some shiny new PJs and got my eyebrows and tash threaded and felt much better!
So I'm nil by mouth now, feeling excited but keen to get it over and done with now. I'm glad it's an early start tomorrow, I wouldn't want another day of hanging around!
I can't believe it's finally here! I'm proud of how I've coped so far and of making the decision to do it. I'd like to think the hard work is done but we both know that isn't true!!
So I'll be getting an early night tonight and will do my best to keep you all updated! If I don't get on here before, Denise I wish you all the very best for Saturday and can't wait to start our journeys soon.
See you all on the other side!! xx

Laura, you have done fabulously. Bet the nerves are kicking in now, I have never felt such a mix of nervousness and euphoria! It's a very very strange feeling!

Anyway... Good Luck for today. Up and about as early as possible seems a good piece of advice, that's going to be my plan anyway!

GOOD LUCK!
XxX

Back