• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 week to go

got some dates

so i got some letters today. i have a date for pre op assessment and group session, for the 22nd may, then confirmation of my surgery on the 18th june, now i have it in writing i am very excited

Congrats!
That's not too far away now, bet you're really excited! :553:
Em xxx

struggling somewhat

i have been struggling with the pre op diet and i only have 2.6 wks to go if i knuckle down now will i still be ok for surgery, it means so much to me yet it has been so hard, did anyone else buckle? or am i the only one

I found it sooo hard, i kept saying out loud"you can do this, you will be heartbroken if it doesn't go ahead, fight it" Your bodys screaming for its usual crap and the feeling is so strong, stay with it and it should get easier as the days go on.
You can do it, you have to.

Kim

Yes of course you can do it. You have plenty of time, some people only have a week on the pre-op diet. You just have to think of the whole picture. You can do it because you want to have a healthier longer life, without heart attacks or strokes, will less athritus and knee and hip pain. You'll be able to run down the road like a free spirit and jump around with the kids.

It's a couple of weeks out of your life and you can do it. It does get easier after the first 4-5 days.

I openly admit it's been tough. The first 4 days felt like torture but then it got a lot better and I actually felt really good but then over the weekend I felt like it made every emotion come to the surface, I felt super sensitive to everything around me and I started to feel tired and weak. Then the last couple of days I've felt good and energised again. I think feelings, weakness and hunger go in cycles on it and you have to ride them out as you do get to feel positive and energised again. Admittedly I've only had to do this for 2 weeks but you have to look at it as you are over half way and definitely over the hardest part. You know you can do this now, time really starts to go quick as you get nearer your date. I'm even struggling to fit everything I've got to do before I go. Keep it up because you are doing great :) x

thanks everyone it really does get you down first of all, but it is getting easier it isnt helped by other stresses so its easier to just shut life out until after the op i think and just concentrate on this, only 19 days to go!!!

pre op blues

i have been on pre op diet 2weeks and still got 12 days to go, i have cheated a few times and sorely regret it, i have been on the slimfast diet, but since i have not been as strict as i could have been i have switched to the milk diet for the last 2 weeks and am focusing on the goal, i truly hope that my late realisition is enough to shrink my liver, i dont want to wake up and it not be done, nor do i want to have open surgery. Has anyone alse been through that?, have you awoke to find its not done or that u have been opened up?, am i gonna be ok ?. I know that most people only do 2 weeks liver shrink diet anyway and only some hospitals make you do 4 if you have a bmi over 50, but mine was just over 50, i think i am clutching at straws hoping but i need some real advice,. Am i just being paranoid?

Last edited:
dont worry too much,just stick to it from now until ur op date im sure youll be fine..i didnt even have to do any pre op diet at all but had to do a longer post op diet xx

i have to say its getting easier, i realised that its not that im hungry, but my mind telling me i have to eat and now i can focus on that and its much easier

Don't worry. What u are feeling is perfectly ntural. I only had to do 2 weeks liver shrinkage diet & it was fine. Good luck with surgery. Not long now.

wls crazed

Well, i have 10 days to go and i am not sure whats going in inside my body to be honest, my mind is everywhere and i can't keep up, i now can't sleep properly which i am told could be ketosis, but i am also very restless, i feel like i am on drugs and dont have full control, it is very strange indeed, not to mention that i cannot think of anything other than my surgery, its like an obsession and i just want it over with, but my head is counting down in seconds and it is dragging.
how is everyone else doing, is it just me that going stir crazy, or am i just having a normal reaction to the whole process??.

please feel free to post ur pre op stories, how you felt and so on??

Stu I was a bag of nerves for a while but with good friends and family and a group of good friends from my local church who prayed for me through out I was able to overcome all my fears. my blood pressure was sky high at the pre op ass. but eventually when i went in to hospital they said it was high but it would be ok. It wasn't until they told me that that my operation was really gunna happen. I relaxed from there on in, I knew I was 1st on the list that helped knowing I wouldn't be waiing around, I saw the dietician along with bout 5 others who were having there ops the same day as me who talked us through what we would be able to eat afterwards, gave us ideas and and rules to follow. The next morning I was up bright and early as usual, by 7 I was showered gowned up and lovely stockings on, anaethestist came and consultant then I was left for bout 30 mins chilling had my music on my ipod kept me calm. They came forme bout 8.50 I was like a queen on my bed, as they wheeeled me down to theatre we passed everyman and his dog everyone said morning, and waved a hand as i passed them, canula in back of hand off to sleep. Woke up to my name being called and asking if i had pain, i did n the gave me something, Then heard my name gain and felt ok took me back to ward just after12. In and out of sleep most of the afternoon, did manage to txt and ring family and friends and speak to hubby and parents whom I know ere all worried about me. By 4 I was up at the loo with my drip, by 6 visiting time I was at the door with drip stand waiting for them, theyb stayed an hour i was shattered, next day wind pain but kept walking about had drip took off and never looked back walked round all the time which helped disperse the wind visited the other girls in nxt section up who had the same as me Home on Monday morning. I Have had little or no problems my only thing is constipation, i take prune juice and prune yoghurts now makes life easier. Thats it my story. You'll have topost yours when youre done and dusted. xx

I haven't even had my surgery date and I feel like that stu, but i'm feeling depressed at the mo aswell. I also felt like that when I used to have anxiety attacks too :sigh:

It's a huge thing you're about to undertake, no wonder your heads all over the place!

One of the things I said to my friend the day I went in for surgery is "I can't wait just to get it over and done with as I'm exhausted about researching it and reading everything possible to do with it, I just want it done now!" so I totally see where you are coming from stu!

Back