• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 week to go

Thats close enough, my mam is having an op on Monday not weight loss though a hysterectomy, bless her she is 72 now, what an age to have that done. Good luck for Monday and try and keep on the straight and narrow to keep that liver shrunk and the more you loose before your op the less you have to lose after it. Head down and nose to the grind ston eit will be worth it in the end. xx
oh dear i hope she does ok, i will think of her while i am geting ready for my op, lost another 6 lbs on pre op so thats 18lbs in total and still 2 days to go

oh dear i hope she does ok, i will think of her while i am geting ready for my op, lost another 6 lbs on pre op so thats 18lbs in total and still 2 days to go

Thank you, thats a marvellous amount to loose what a start well done. nice round 20 for Monday?
enjoy the weekend and chill out bit with the family. xx:wave_cry:

the starting pics

Ok the jitters are growing, the time is slowing and my op is monday morning, now is time to add the starter photo's, i will never be this again

Attachments

• 105.JPG
    105.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 106.JPG
    106.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 29
Thats a brilliant couple of pictures to start with, try and stay calm, chill out with music, get into a different zone, really helps to keep you calm, keep up with your diet and all will be well, nothing to panic about, you go to sleep wake up and its all done, honestly no one a ssoft as me, I walked out of the hospital 10 foot tall i was so proud of myself. If I can do it any one can. xx

My video blogs

Well i never thought i would have the balls, but i have started a video diary on youtube, i feel its important to keep people informed and offer help and hope to those that need it most, they are a little rough around the edges but they are the frist of many so i am sure they will improve
Gastric bypass dairy 1 - YouTube
Gastric bypass diary 2 - YouTube

input and critiscisms welcomed

The videos are great. I think it is also a good thing to get more male points of view as you are right it seems to be very female biased.
As you seem to cook here is a great website that I use & I have her cook books but not absolutely necessary to buy.Find out about Carol Bowen Ball, founder of bariatriccookery.com | Bariatric Cookery
Sign up for her free newsletter. I've been corresponding with her pre my op. she is lovely.
Also Homerton have a good support group that meets about once a month. They have just set up a yahoo forum group so when you are settled let me know & I can introduce you to it if you want.
Good luck with your op & recovery. You won't regret it. I love mine!

i saw her site yesterday she was on fat surgeons the other night aswell, but thanks tho, i think its important for us to do these thing as it is normally women and they are normally us women who have their ops privately, so the whole nhs process is lost, anyway i will keep them going and hopefully help some people along the way

less than 24hrs

excited!!!!! my op is in less than 24hrs, my life is finally about to change forever x:553:

Best of luck with everything Stu, less than a day til your new life starts! Great videos too by the way :).

stubad said:
Well i never thought i would have the balls, but i have started a video diary on youtube, i feel its important to keep people informed and offer help and hope to those that need it most, they are a little rough around the edges but they are the frist of many so i am sure they will improve
Gastric bypass dairy 1 - YouTube
Gastric bypass diary 2 - YouTube

input and critiscisms welcomed

Subscribed. Obviously I know exactly what you are faced with having had the bypass myself but I love listening/reading about other peoples experiences so will certainly be keeping an eye out for further videos!

Yes time is upon you, do you go in first thing tomorrow? X
i think i am first cause of diabetes or atleast thats what they said at pre op but there may be others, i gotta be there at 7am, so leaving at 5am, but i probably won't sleep so no biggie lol
xx

stubad said:
i think i am first cause of diabetes or atleast thats what they said at pre op but there may be others, i gotta be there at 7am, so leaving at 5am, but i probably won't sleep so no biggie lol
xx

Good luck, your soon be on the losers bench. My turn in two weeks, bypass at chelsfield.
Wishing you well and a speedy recovery. X

Good luck, your soon be on the losers bench. My turn in two weeks, bypass at chelsfield.
Wishing you well and a speedy recovery. X
i wont lie to you the last 2 weeks have felt like 2 years, it doesnt help that all i could think of was the surgery, but now its here i want another day lol

xx

Hope you are first I was because of the sleep apnoea and allergies, means you not waiting around all the day getting more tense, good luck with it all and looking forward to you posting post op xx take care and stay positive it'l be here n gone before you know it, just think of it as going for a kip when you wake up someone has done you a big favour, that only you know about and can feel. xx:p

stubad said:
i wont lie to you the last 2 weeks have felt like 2 years, it doesnt help that all i could think of was the surgery, but now its here i want another day lol

Everything you have described is how I feel all the excitement nervousness anxiety, the ups and the downs of all the emotion plays havoc with your/our minds. Going over the same things. I even try to find friends I haven't already bored to death with all my rambling just to tell them everything I've already told to 10 people because it makes me feel better. I have kept a diary filled with all my thoughts and emotions since just before getting my surgery date and to be honest that has helped. Instead of chewing off my boyfriends ear I write in there but I still talk to anyone who will listen.
This is the biggest change in our lives that we've dreamt of for probably most of our adult life, and now it's here it's believing it's really happening, things like this don't happen to people like us, so we automatically think negatively. But it does happen and we will be enjoying the next 20-30 years of our new healthier lifestyle. With the only fat thing left the smile across our faces. X good luck and enjoy the new you that's waiting just around the corner. X

Good Luck for tomorrow Stu!! I'll be thinking of you - keep us posted as soon as your fit and well. All the best xx

very pleased with myself, i just cooked a full roast for 11 people and apple strudel, and all i did was taste the tiniest bit of chicken breast to assess wether it was juicy enough, very proud as it did not bother me one bit

Well done, and best of luck for tomorrow, this time tomorrow all will be over with, do yiu have to be in for 7 my mam does, she is 3rd on the list for her hysterectomy, she had to ring at 6pm tinight to make sure there was a bed and there is, so its all systems go. Ypou should be all packed and settled now hope you are cool calm and collected, tomorrow is a new start to the new you and your new healthier life. Spirits up weight down. xx

yep in for 7, hope it goes well for ur mum, see u all on the other side x

Back