• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 week Milk diet done....and i lost a total of ....

Andy1968 said:
Haven't got a date yet hun... This is a 4 week diet to lose 5% of your weight to prove that you're committed to WLS.
I'll have to do a 2 week liver shrink diet a a fortnight before my date.

Andy x

Well done on staying strong Andy! X

Well done!!! Xxx

Well done Andy x

Well done hun

Well done Andy, you are through the worst of it now!! And you have well and truly jumped on the bobsleigh that is hurtling towards an op date and a new you!! Keep up the good work!

Well done Andy!
I have just gone back on the milk diet for my pre-op so am joining you with my 4 pints a day :).

I read somewhere that someone described the 4 weeks as

week 1 - Hard going
week 2&3 - So much easier, not really hungry, get used to not eating food.
Week 4 - starting to get bored but not long to go.

This was definitely my experience so hopefully you are now over the worst and it gets easier from here on in :).

Good luck!

ive been on mind for 10days now i still have 2 weeks left till my opp the first 5 days where reallly hard now its fine just want the next 14 days to hurry up and pass so i can get this show on the road and start lossing even more weight ive lost 12lb in 10 days so thats a start lol xwell done andy x

If you get bored, try the Cambridge Diet Plan :) works on same principle BUT you can have soup/mousses/shakes/bar :)

xxx

L&D insist on milk only. Andy should stick to his diet sheet as they will refuse surgery if he does anything else or make him do it for longer.

Well done so far Andy! When you go on the refeed to maintain you will be given another sheet with portion sizes that they recommend. I was told, including milk (yes they still expect you to do some milk!) I should average around 1600 cals.

I have to hold my hands up here and honestly say I did not get on with it at all. Instead I went back to Weight Watchers and am doing pretty well there. But if I could have stuck to the refeed it probably would have worked, unfortunately it just restarted the destructive mental cycle for me again.

I am about 4 days behind you at L and D, so just starting out, end of day three and surviving !! We might meet there one day !!

The milk diet from the L&D is
3-5 pints of semi skimmed milk per day (depending on BMI) - for most people the limit is around 4 pints. (I have a very high BMI and my guide was 4-5 pints but I could still only managed 4 pints!)
1 or 2 salty drinks (oxo/bovril/stock cubes ( I like the Knorr ham ones - just like liquid bacon!)
A-Z vitamin tablet
Optional - 1 sugar free jelly sachet, up to 3 sticks sugar free chewing gum
Fibrogel if needed.

I didn't get on too well with the refeed diet either and ended up just trying to make sure my calorie count was somewhere between 1200-1500. I went back on the milk for a couple of days if I felt I was eating too much or going back to bad habits. I have managed to lose a further 1 stone 12 lbs since the end of the milk diet and am now back on the milk for my pre-op so hoping to lose a few more lbs before 6th Feb!
For me the milk diet really helped focus what I was meant to be doing.

Good luck Andy and Lyzzyanne. Keep us up to date on how you are getting on :D

i am doing well with ww too. I just found the refeed made me horridly obsessive. I was grumpy and a pain to live with. I have done ww so many times now that I don't have to work too hard for it and having my sights set on being super obese rather than supersuper obese before my surgery seems to be keeping me on the straight and narrow.

We have the same surgeon! You have lost an amazing amount of weight. Would you mind telling me about your surgery day?

i am doing well with ww too. I just found the refeed made me horridly obsessive. I was grumpy and a pain to live with. I have done ww so many times now that I don't have to work too hard for it and having my sights set on being super obese rather than supersuper obese before my surgery seems to be keeping me on the straight and narrow.

We have the same surgeon! You have lost an amazing amount of weight. Would you mind telling me about your surgery day?

I have sent you a friend request/added you to my contacts so I can bore you privately !!

Back