• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A very uplifting day, if I do say so myself !!

Hi Bonita - hope you get some long overdue justice from the solicitors letter. I know things go wrong and i know there are many reasons for this but i'm sorry when you are suppose to be doing a good job and that job goes not exactly to plan then it is still your job to make sure you put it right and take responsibility for it - i don't think Mr Khan is going to be too happy with me when i see him at the end of the month. Keep smiling sweetheart - sending hugs and fairy dust xx

I do hope that letter helps to get you sorted soon. You are so brave and have been through so much but are always there with words of encouragement for everyone else. You are totally amazing and so strong. Hope you get sorted soon.

Not long got back after spending most of the day at Walsall.

I had to go to Endoscopy on the Sister Dora ward to have the camera down my throat which was nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be.

The doctor said that he would like to sedate me slightly because he may have to do a bit of stretching and it may hurt.

He did have to stretch the opening a little bit but it certainly didn't hurt. At least I don't think it did and think I may have fallen asleep at one point.

The doctor that did it was the same doctor that looked after me in HDU and laughed a lot about the problems he had fighting with my blood pressure post op then as he's laughing my blood pressure dropped today. My body just doesn't like being messed about with I think...lol

He made some very nice comments about my weight loss then let me leave after an hour on the bed resting.

I went to reception to make a follow up appointment and bumped into Anna our bariatric nurse. I told her I was concerned about my swollen stomach and before I knew it she had me down on the ward.

She took one look, then went off to fetch a surgeon. While she was away loads of the nurses came in congratulating me on my weight loss and a couple of them didn't even recognise me...lol

Anna came back and chatted with me for almost an hour while we waited for the surgeon. It was Mr Z Khan not Amir Khan that came and the first thing that came out of his mouth was... 'My god Bonita I wouldn't have recognised you you've lost that much'. That made my day...lol

He then followed it up with I have at least two hernia's and the one on the right hand side of my stomach is about the size of my head. They can be corrected via surgery but he wouldn't advise it just yet as I'm not fully healed from the last operation and could end up having more problems.

Meanwhile I'm being fitted for a corset to protect my stomach from any further damage, Mr Khan was cracking jokes about me looking like Dolly Parton, cheeky bugger...lol

Still I feel a bit better knowing its not something more serious.

Right thats it from me for today, I can hardly keep my eyes open so off to bed for a bit. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

xx

Bloody hell Bonita.... the size of your head!! You were right to be concerned then hun.

Take it easy hun. Did they give you any indication of when they might be willing to operate?

Good to hear that something is being done at last sweetheart and i hope that the stretching also has a positive effect on you too and you stop being sick and start getting some nourishment into you now.

Sending hugs with fairy dust to keep you sparkling xx

Well thank God for that Bonita...was getting a little worried...was going to PM you and then thought no, you have enough on your plate and I didn't want to alarm you....

I must admit having a hernia the size of your head gave me visions of the movie Alien.....olol

But seriously I'm glad it was nothing sinister.

Take care.

(((hugs)))

Oh Bonita I am so relieved for you that there is nothing seriously wrong. Even though having a hurnia the size of your head must be painful. Hopefully now you have had the stretching done you will start to be able to eat properly with out the sickness. Wishing you loads of good luck. Hopefully I will be able to get hold of the magazine tomorrow. Take care.

Not long got back after spending most of the day at Walsall.

I had to go to Endoscopy on the Sister Dora ward to have the camera down my throat which was nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be.

The doctor said that he would like to sedate me slightly because he may have to do a bit of stretching and it may hurt.

He did have to stretch the opening a little bit but it certainly didn't hurt. At least I don't think it did and think I may have fallen asleep at one point.

The doctor that did it was the same doctor that looked after me in HDU and laughed a lot about the problems he had fighting with my blood pressure post op then as he's laughing my blood pressure dropped today. My body just doesn't like being messed about with I think...lol

He made some very nice comments about my weight loss then let me leave after an hour on the bed resting.

I went to reception to make a follow up appointment and bumped into Anna our bariatric nurse. I told her I was concerned about my swollen stomach and before I knew it she had me down on the ward.

She took one look, then went off to fetch a surgeon. While she was away loads of the nurses came in congratulating me on my weight loss and a couple of them didn't even recognise me...lol

Anna came back and chatted with me for almost an hour while we waited for the surgeon. It was Mr Z Khan not Amir Khan that came and the first thing that came out of his mouth was... 'My god Bonita I wouldn't have recognised you you've lost that much'. That made my day...lol

He then followed it up with I have at least two hernia's and the one on the right hand side of my stomach is about the size of my head. They can be corrected via surgery but he wouldn't advise it just yet as I'm not fully healed from the last operation and could end up having more problems.

Meanwhile I'm being fitted for a corset to protect my stomach from any further damage, Mr Khan was cracking jokes about me looking like Dolly Parton, cheeky bugger...lol

Still I feel a bit better knowing its not something more serious.

Right thats it from me for today, I can hardly keep my eyes open so off to bed for a bit. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

xx

Hiya Bonita, i don't post very much but i have followed you post's. i think you have been through so much and have always bounced back so well. As regaurds to the camera and stretching, i had to have that done about 5 months ago and have never looked b ack you will feel so much better after it. i am sorry about your hernias and i hope everything comes right for you soon. Take care janey:):)

Bonita, I'm so pleased to hear that your mind has been put at rest, sometimes its all the things that race through our minds that make everything worse. You needed reassurance and now you have it you willbe able to enjoy the new you. I know I havent met you in person but remember seeing your pre op pic and you trully do like a totally different person. WELL DONE.

Bonita - what a relief for you. Take care of yourself and try not to do too much. I hope they operate soon. I can't believe no one spotted what it was before now! What a good job Ana saw you and recognised the need to have you seen. Will be looking out for the magazine article today. Lots of hugs. x x

Hi Bonita

You really have been thru the mill.

I'm really pleased that it's not too serious and can easily be put right in time.

I hope the rest of your journey is problem free.

Well done on your weight loss too. :)

Been to Tesco's got the mag - read it, enjoyed it you are an inspiration.

Sending hugs and fairy dust because your our very own Celebrity xx

Been to Tesco's got the mag - read it, enjoyed it you are an inspiration.

Sending hugs and fairy dust because your our very own Celebrity xx

Bit embarrasing because they did change a lot of what I told them...lol My mother was never a linedance instructor (that was me) and I don't come from Telford.. Other than that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, they didn't use any of the gorey pics either which I'm quite relieved about if being honest..

Just been to doctors to ask about this corset thing only to have him hit the roof. He said I should have been sent to the dressings dept at Walsall to have it fitted and its not his or our local hospitals responsibility. It all boils down to money in the end doesn't it? Anyway he's writing a letter of complaint to the PCT and another to Walsall as they still haven't had the curtesy to return his calls.

Meant to say.. Yesterday whilst in Walsall we bumped into that girl that was on the Xfactor last week, poor girl had people following her everywhere.

Bit embarrasing because they did change a lot of what I told them...lol My mother was never a linedance instructor (that was me) and I don't come from Telford.. Other than that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, they didn't use any of the gorey pics either which I'm quite relieved about if being honest..

Just been to doctors to ask about this corset thing only to have him hit the roof. He said I should have been sent to the dressings dept at Walsall to have it fitted and its not his or our local hospitals responsibility. It all boils down to money in the end doesn't it? Anyway he's writing a letter of complaint to the PCT and another to Walsall as they still haven't had the curtesy to return his calls.

Meant to say.. Yesterday whilst in Walsall we bumped into that girl that was on the Xfactor last week, poor girl had people following her everywhere.

My Husband has strict instructions to get a copy on his way home from work....I'm looking forward to reading it.

I hope Walsall sit up and listen to your GP...I didn't realise when I read your post yesterday that they didn't supply you with the corset there and then...very crafty of them.

I got hernias...a hiatus and and one behind the belly button...I think that prodding sensation I get is another...hope they show up on the CT.

Take care

(((hugs))

Hun thank god its nothing serious although still very painful. I have an probs with my hiatus hernia and if i dont take lansoprazole 30 mg every morning i vomit my guts up.
Yesterday i forgot to take it and took it at 8.30 pm and was sick 6 times, its a god send as stops me from being sick with just one tab aday.
Not sure if it would be any help to you but it stoped me from being sick from the first day i took the tab x

Bless him hubby brought me in a copy! It isn't easy reading it Bonita but well done for being so honest and open the pictures are very scary. It also reminded me as to why i admire you, your strength and your courage Bonita you have given joe public lots to think about x

I know i thought hang on she lives in Burton (or near there anyway) xx

Back