• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

Hi girlies !
All ok here , just been enjoying the beautiful weather ! Long picnics in the New Forest with hubby as he has has a few days off .. Just generally lazing about really ..
Hope you are all doing well ?
Havnt weighed myself for a couple of weeks but will tomorrow as my days should get back to normal and my normal routine ..
Feeling great though ..
Been on a shopping spree buying size 20 clothes that actually fit ! Some bloody lovely white palazzo pants from marks and spencer for my holiday , a few maxi dresses and skirts and new sandals and ... A swimsuit ! Not tried it on as of yet just waiting for that moment when I'm ready .. But I know I'm going to have to buy some self tan that's for sure !
A friend recommended Skinny tan ? Anyone else used it ?
Will check in tomorrow after weigh in ..
Hugs all !
Xxxx

Hey... @countrywench , lovely to hear from you! Glad you've been enjoying the weather...And doing some retail therapy :).
Well done on the size 20.... :0clapper:

Toni :rainbow:

Hi lovely :) sounds like you're having a very relaxing time x

Weighed in this morning .. Boots have put the machine up to 70p ! Oh well at least I know I get the correct weight when I go and I get the little ticket which I love !
The last few weeks have seen my weight go up and down like a dogs bum ..in and out of the 5st loss .. Don't know why , maybe the weather , maybe I am eating a little to much without realising , but as I keep my food diary I don't think it's that ..
I know my shape has changed dramatically over the last month or so .. My waist has nipped in , my legs have trimmed down by a fifth probably , my chumpy rump is deff less chumpy and the ass shelf is no longer there .. My under arms , sad to say , are extremely baggy and wobbling like a turkeys neck ! But I'm cool and ok with that ..
So according to Boots this morning I am down by about 2.5lbs .. :):)
This has taken me just below the 5st and I hope it stays down there !

Again I am sitting in my favourite coffee house with my Peruvian latte and my banana porridge with cinnamon and maple syrup .. Got my favourite seat in the window so I can watch the world go by and think ..
So many different body shapes out there .. Not one is the same as the next . Even obese people are all different shapes .. Who says what is a perfect shape ? Who decided what is the norm .. All I know is there are a whole lot more large/obese people around me than there ever were ! Even a teenager that I can see, has more than just puppy fat sitting round his middle ..
Is it the additives they put in our foods that cause this , I've often wondered .. If we look back to when our parents were young , yes there were fat people but they were usually the bakers wife or people who had money .. Is food so cheap now that we can eat and eat without worrying about waste ? We can walk into tescos now and have everything we need , all under one roof .. No stress , no hunting around for it , no thought goes into it .. It's all just there , beautifully lit and packaged and mostly on offer , which makes us buy more than we need ? Only to be thrown out at the end of the week because it's either out of date or we just don't fancy eating it ! I'm guilty of that type of shopping .. I get fooled into buying 3 of something without realising that I am , in fact only saving 60p by getting the 3 items but end up throwing most of it out .. What a numpty !
Why is 'junk' food a hell of a lot cheaper than healthy meat , veg and fruit ? How come fruits and salad ingredients are so expensive ! How can a pack of chocolate be cheaper than a pack of apples ? Is this why we tend to steer away from the fruit and veg aisle because it's so expensive ?
How can a McDonald's meal ( I hate McDonald's ) be cheaper than a meal at home ?
One of my questions is why have they stopped cookery classes in schools ? How does the new generation learn to cook .. It's a dying art in my opinion ..
At this time I have lost all interest in food and cooking to be honest , plus my oven door is broken , it needs new hinges and neither of us can figure out how the hell they come off ! So the door is wired shut but it is useable ..
But I do love to cook , I am a very irregular cook and open the cupboard door and throw things in .. So even a basic shepherds pie can taste different every time lol !
I had my girls and their partners round for Sunday lunch a couple of weeks ago and that the first time I've cooked a full blown meal for months I think and it was so lovely to be able to cook and serve a meal in the garden ..
Chicken puff pastry pie , green beans with buttered mash , served with chicken creme fraiche gravy
Followed by ... Wait for it .... Butterscotch sticky toffee pudding ( omg ! ) served with homemade custard .. This dessert is seriously good .. But I only had a babies portion and sent the left overs away with the girls ..
Anyway .. Enough of my rambling , I think this wonderful coffee makes my thoughts bounce around all over the place !
Time to go see mum and get her , her portion of fish and chips :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Well done for the loss :0clapper:

I tend to agree, I think there is so much pumped into our foods these days...that proper 'food' is no longer recognisable. The stuff that gets pumped in...is to make it more palatable, to sell more of the product. Making us want to eat it, over and over again... It's all about the big company's and their profit margins! Stuff years ago was a lot more fresher, there was a lot more butchers and fruit/veg markets. Now it's big supermarkets. And, for some people who don't drive...who maybe live in an area where theres a ghetto of take-a-ways, cafe's, And £1 shops overtaking local highstreets (alongside bookmakers & hairdressers), then It can become a fat trap. Society in general has changes...majority of parents who have young children, both have to work these days. Whereas years ago...one parent worked, one stayed at home. This surely has to have an impact on 'time' to ...seek out the 'real' food, prepare and cook it. Most people just want food 'quickly' if there busy in full time work.

Aparently...the big supermarkets are suppose to be stopping the 'Bogof' offers, In plight to reduce food waste. (Mmmm, we'l see).

Oh...Butterscotch sticky toffee pudding...sounds lovely! Well done for the baby portion though. Your doing brilliant with your weighloss journey :winner::winner::winner:

Not that I'm encouraging your girls and guys to eat this dessert but this is the recipe just incase ! Word of warning ..
ITS TOTALLY ADDICTIVE :nananana::nananana::nananana::nananana:
So maybe save it for a family meal when your sure to only have a small peice !

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    299.8 KB · Views: 14
Well done Mindy. I'm at work so can't stop but well done you and I am guilty of that sort if shopping too x

Well done on your loss :0clapper:. Your desert sounds yum, won't dare try anything sweet yet, am afraid of dumping :(.

Ok ... I'm going to talk about our sex lives .. If your offended then don't read any further lol .. I can be a bit blunt for some people ..

Has your sex life majorly improved with weight loss .
I had actually come to terms at 53 that my sex life would dwindle away to nothing . This was before surgery .. Hubby has been on blood pressure tablets and had been having a problem with his erections staying ( side affects of the pills ) I wasn't to bothered as I was finding sex a bit of chore and awkward .. Maybe once a month just because we should , isn't that sad ..
Sex when your obese isn't easy , let's face it .. A lot of puffing and hauling yourself about to get into a comfy position where your partner isn't getting squashed or suffocating o_O
Legs and hips that just won't wrap or flex like they should , a belly that moves like an earthquake and claps in time with your thighs :confused: .. It's all so uncomfortable and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I pretend to enjoy it and it's a huge effort to join in , but we do it for the sake of the person we love ..

Well , these last 5 months have changed so much ..
Hubby changed his blood pressure pills and bingo ! The purple parsnip is up and running again and walking about proud and happy ..
My 5st loss has woken an urge in me I thought was dead .. I'm actually drooling over hunky men I see , I'm flirting with them and batting my eyes (. They're just humouring me Roflll , thinking , silly old bat )
But it's how I'm seeing and thinking about my hubby that surprises me .. I cannot honestly remember the last time I was turned on .. When my blood rose and my chest flushed .. But it's happening now :banana_dancer:
I can't wait for him to get home from work .. I love watching him when he walks through from the shower , his butt is awesome :whip:
Although I have a long way to go with the weight, I find I can be in a position and be comfortable .. Slim people take the missionary position for granted , but us big people cannot be comfy with it as it just doesn't work does it ? That position doesn't let me breath with him on top of me , and didn't allow full access shall we say lol .. But now ? .. The belly has shrunk and it's so different .. He can actually kiss me while in this position , that hasn't happened for bloody years ! :0clapper:
My sex life has been in hibernation for years , I admit it , I've been lazy with it and not tried because my weight was holding me back .. Well it's awake now and the world is a different place. We even did the naughty in the woods on one of our picnic days :rolleyes::rolleyes: .. That hasn't happened since we were young and daring lol ..

So how has your sex life improved since surgery ? Has it awakened something new in you to ?

I'm definitely getting turned on a lot more than I used too and if nothing else I've finally taken the plunge and asked the GP to refer my back to gyne because a lot of my problems stem from damage that was inflicted having my second daughter. It makes the mechanics of sex very painful which obviously makes me less inclined to have it very often.
My husband has always told me he finds me very sexy and Lord knows he's gorgeous but between my weight, the chronic pain and coming to terms with my new self after I became disabled it's been hard to see myself as sexy. I definitely feel like I want to get that part of my life back now. Feeling less self conscious is a definite part of that.
Also purple parsnip made me laugh!

I will never be able to look at a parsnip in the same way again!!!!!!

Ive never had a big sex drive. But, Ive alaways been obese . Maybe, that will change after the weightloss. ;)

I can't remember ever being on top either .. Hubby can when we were young and I was a size 12 but I don't ..
Christ I actually think I would kill him if I was to sit on him o_O

Sunshine it's amazing what weight loss can do .. It's deff woken me up that's for sure .. So you never know !

Hubby home early so decided to pop to New Forest for a picnic :) .. So lovely and peaceful ..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg