• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

Hi Mindy, thank you!
It's really reassuring to hear what you are enjoying and getting from it.
I am confident I've made the right decision and soooo looking forward to a new me and I think as the same as you, my family are looking forward to a happier and healthier me.

Welcome madebybale, I'm fairly new too I agree it's a great forum, I also just want to ditto what Mindy wrote, Mindy really does speak so much sense, When reading her posts I find myself thinking "yes, why didn't I see it like that" good luck hunni look forward to following your journey X

Aww thank you Bling
But it's always easier to see from the other side ..
Xxxx

Another 2lb off !
Taking me to 19st 2lb
My bmi has dropped from 55 to 42 :)
I have tried to up my calories a bit but the last few days my band has deff been in charge not me ..
I served myself a small cereal bowl of a delicious home made beef and ale stew and a small dumpling , with some sprouts to go with it . Sat down thinking I'm going to work my way through this bowl , take it slow and enjoy .. I had eaten less than half of everything and my band pulled and that was that ! It's strange feeling , not sure if everyone's band has this same feeling ? It's almost a contraction and a slight discomfort like severe trapped wind almost ? Then I know if I continue to eat then I'm going to be in trouble and pain .. it's deff an off switch ..
Made some homemade bakewell muffins , the winter weather has got my cooking head on ! They smelt amazing and so yummy .. so I sat down with a cuppa and tried to eat one . Nope .. only managed half probably , then lost all interest in it ! How rude of me hahahah !
My band never ceases to amaze me every day .. how's it's changed my whole view of food .. I no longer feel a slave to it . The carbs, sweets and delicious foods on display in the shops no longer make my eyes saucer like , I look at them and think they look nice but I can move along without that urge to buy them and hold them close ..
Its a whole new world !

Another good loss :)

Another 2lb off !
Taking me to 19st 2lb
My bmi has dropped from 55 to 42 :)
I have tried to up my calories a bit but the last few days my band has deff been in charge not me ..
I served myself a small cereal bowl of a delicious home made beef and ale stew and a small dumpling , with some sprouts to go with it . Sat down thinking I'm going to work my way through this bowl , take it slow and enjoy .. I had eaten less than half of everything and my band pulled and that was that ! It's strange feeling , not sure if everyone's band has this same feeling ? It's almost a contraction and a slight discomfort like severe trapped wind almost ? Then I know if I continue to eat then I'm going to be in trouble and pain .. it's deff an off switch ..
Made some homemade bakewell muffins , the winter weather has got my cooking head on ! They smelt amazing and so yummy .. so I sat down with a cuppa and tried to eat one . Nope .. only managed half probably , then lost all interest in it ! How rude of me hahahah !
My band never ceases to amaze me every day .. how's it's changed my whole view of food .. I no longer feel a slave to it . The carbs, sweets and delicious foods on display in the shops no longer make my eyes saucer like , I look at them and think they look nice but I can move along without that urge to buy them and hold them close ..
Its a whole new world !
Your doing so well, love the sound of your beef and ale stew and the bakewell muffins Mmmmmmm, I long for the day when I can walk past the carbs, sweets and delicious food in a shop without having to buy them, well done Mindy xx

Hi Made
I cannot stress enough how unselfish this surgery actually is ..
At first I thought the same .. Spending all this money on me ? I could do so much with that money , like a holiday for us all etc .. but now , I can see this from the other side ..
if I had not done anything about my weight , I would become a bigger burden on my family .. more that I was .. I was vastly becoming fully disabled with no chance of help .. I only need new knees , but it was never going to happen at my old weight , I'd been turned down a couple of times by the actual surgeon , telling me I had far to much fat around my legs to heal and he would never consider surgery .. so I would have been destined to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair being pushed about by my husband and kids , putting more and more stress on them ..
the psychological side of my weight would have taken a toll on the also .. because I was getting more and more miserable ...Looking back , i can see how many wasted years I've had , where I didnt want to go anywhere , not do things , could not do things with my wonderful hubby and girls ..
So take it from me Hun , it's not a selfish thing at all .. if it's within your reach then go ahead and reap the benefits ..
I'm planning horse riding lessons in April for gods sake ! Riding lessons ! I'm wearing clothes I actually like not because I have to .. I feel happier which in turn makes my family happy .. I'm healthier , not so out of breath , blood pressure is good , I'm no longer high risk of a stroke , not that that's for certain ..
These are only my thoughts and opinions and you have to make up your own mind ..
Do you want be heavier or lighter this time next year .. Do you want to become disabled in some way .. do you want to be happier and more content in yourself .. only you can make up your own mind ..
Mindy
Xxxxx

Hi Made
I cannot stress enough how unselfish this surgery actually is ..
At first I thought the same .. Spending all this money on me ? I could do so much with that money , like a holiday for us all etc .. but now , I can see this from the other side ..
if I had not done anything about my weight , I would become a bigger burden on my family .. more that I was .. I was vastly becoming fully disabled with no chance of help .. I only need new knees , but it was never going to happen at my old weight , I'd been turned down a couple of times by the actual surgeon , telling me I had far to much fat around my legs to heal and he would never consider surgery .. so I would have been destined to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair being pushed about by my husband and kids , putting more and more stress on them ..
the psychological side of my weight would have taken a toll on the also .. because I was getting more and more miserable ...Looking back , i can see how many wasted years I've had , where I didnt want to go anywhere , not do things , could not do things with my wonderful hubby and girls ..
So take it from me Hun , it's not a selfish thing at all .. if it's within your reach then go ahead and reap the benefits ..
I'm planning horse riding lessons in April for gods sake ! Riding lessons ! I'm wearing clothes I actually like not because I have to .. I feel happier which in turn makes my family happy .. I'm healthier , not so out of breath , blood pressure is good , I'm no longer high risk of a stroke , not that that's for certain ..
These are only my thoughts and opinions and you have to make up your own mind ..
Do you want be heavier or lighter this time next year .. Do you want to become disabled in some way .. do you want to be happier and more content in yourself .. only you can make up your own mind ..
Mindy
Xxxxx
I forgot to post before I went on hols about my new coat !
My old £19.99 one off the back of newspaper magazine was hanging off me and frankly I've always hated how it looked 'old' on me , but it wasn't overly hot and served a purpose ( now n the charity shop )
So I started a hunt for a new coat and ended up in marks and spencer getting bits for my mum .. now my hubby is amazingly good at picking out clothes for me and my daughters , they love clothes shopping with him , plus he's handy for carrying bags :)
Anyway , I was nose down , trundling along , heading for the knicker department not even glancing around me when I hear my name .. malc has this lovely khaki fur lined coat in his mitts , waving at me .. I'm like , well that won't fit me you silly chap .. he insists I try it on and it fit like a glove .. a size 20 ..
Me , in a marks and spencer coat .. it might seem like such a silly thing to see , but this is massive to me .. to actually walk ( or trolley in my case lol ) into this hallowed store and find clothing that fits me is utterly amazing ..
I cannot remember the last time I had a decent coat , one intentionally to keep me warm ! I've always been so over heated in a coat before .. now I find I'm so chilly all the time ! I've even got a thick scarf to wrap round my neck which was unheard of last winter ! And gloves !
Still can't do the zippers up on my boots mind you rofllll. But hey , it's the little things that make this amazing journey so worth while isn't it !
Mindy
Xxxxx
It's my dream to wear marks and Spenser clothes, how I'd love to do what you did.
I hope I can in time but just wanted to say I totally get you being thrilled X good old malc x

Nothing to do with weight loss , not unless I've lost fat in my brain cells ;)

I have a guilty secret .. I am deeply ashamed and want to hide in a corner and cover my head ....
I bought a Justin Beiber album ! Omg ! I'm even want to cover the iPad screen in case someone in this coffee shop is reading over my shoulder :D
And what's worse is that I listened to it twice in a row , and loved it ! :woohoo:

I may be the oldest groupie in town :banana_dancer:

Ha ha! Can't agree with you on that one....... but whatever makes ya happy :banana_dancer:

Not sure who he is Mindy but you are as old as you feel, and I have found WLS is making me feel younger in outlook (I never felt my age anyway mentally most of the time, although sometimes the body felt like 93!). After all, we have been given a new chance at life. :) Enjoy :whistle:

It's seriously good roflll .. take a listen to a track called ' sorry ' . If you love to dance then you'll love it .. makes me wiggle and jiggle in me seat !

And on another note , I hit my 6 1/2 st loss this morning ! 92lbs gone off my frame , holy crappioli batman !

It's seriously good roflll .. take a listen to a track called ' sorry ' . If you love to dance then you'll love it .. makes me wiggle and jiggle in me seat !

And on another note , I hit my 6 1/2 st loss this morning ! 92lbs gone off my frame , holy crappioli batman !
Amazing, and very well done. :bunnydance::banana_dancer:

Not sure who he is Mindy but you are as old as you feel, and I have found WLS is making me feel younger in outlook (I never felt my age anyway mentally most of the time, although sometimes the body felt like 93!). After all, we have been given a new chance at life. :) Enjoy :whistle:

You've never heard of Justin Beiber ? I have a couple of teenagers in my life and the youngest drives me mental talking about him and goes all dreamy eyed , just like I did over David Cassidy .. then I hear this one song by him and i love it !
Here's a link to his live performance on Ellen ..

:woohoo:
Way to go Mindy!!!!! Bet you didn't think you would achieve that before your op!

Back