• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am getting there...I think!

I think things are difficult because none of it seems real at the moment. If I had a definate op date it might be different. It really sickens me that I can't have wls locally. I would much rather have easy access to a Dr and the whole team. I feel as if getting operated on abroad or even in England that I'd be kinda left to my own devices.

I'm basically no further forward in my plans. I wish I was a person who could make a decision and stick to it.

I may write to the Health Minister and tell him I hate him (but in a polite way!). :giggle:

so sorry things not working out for you :(

don't give up....hopefully things will get better soon.....:)

Debz x

Thanks Debz. :)

if it helps Lynn, i found it really hard to make the decision to opt for surgery and ummed and arrhhed for ages. however, for me, once that decision had been taken there has not been a single moment of looking back and now i am here on the day of my op, excited and looking forward to the next stage of my journey.
the pre-op diet is tough, but only for the first couple of days as you adjust to having less food - then you feel great, and seeing the results on the scales gives you the motivation to keep going with it. good luck with whatever you decide xx

Just read about all the hassle you've been having , I hope so much everything goes your way at last soon and til then I know all of us are willing things to come right for you x I had my own struggles with NHS as well and I ended up having it private but only after a long wait and selling our house was it possible for me. Im sure if you are determined and never lose heart, you will succeed xx lots of love , Neen

Just read about all the hassle you've been having , I hope so much everything goes your way at last soon and til then I know all of us are willing things to come right for you x I had my own struggles with NHS as well and I ended up having it private but only after a long wait and selling our house was it possible for me. Im sure if you are determined and never lose heart, you will succeed xx lots of love , Neen

Aw thanks Neen, appreciate it. I saw one of the two GPs I go to (kinda have a love-hate relationship with both lol) and he told me a friend of his (female) had had the sleeve procedure. She's lost 7st in 8 months and is really happy. he wished me luck and said he'd sign my passport form for me, even though he's 'not supposed to anymore'.

I am going to pay the deposit on Mon, then there'll be no going back. :eek:

well done Lyn - that will be a big step in the right direction, sounds like things are moving for you. lots of luck and keep posting to let us know your progress x

Yes another song title, from It's now or never to I have a dream. :giggle: Last night I dreamt that I was in a hospital abroad to have wls. Then in the waiting area when I was leaving I saw a man I know but didn't recognize him as he'd lost about half his weight. In reality the same man is awaiting a triple heart bypass due to his weight.

I've interpreted this dream as a sign that I need to have wls before I'm in the same position myself.....watch this space.

Lyn i had very similar dreams before my op. i knew that i could either carry on the way i was going and die or take my risks on the op to improve mine and my families lifes. best decision i have ever made but wasn't an easy one. you need to do what you feel is right for you. take care x

Hi Lynn just come across your thread and have read through it, sorry you are having such a hard time, I am currently awaiting a result from the PCT about my funding and I have been through the mill but not as much as you. You mention a dream in your post and I have to say at the very start of my journey a girl in work said she had dreamt I was going into hospital for an operation, she said it was not a sad operation and everyone in work was around me wishing me luck and we were laughing and joking, she near fell on the floor when I told her I had just two days before been referred for an operation. Noone in work knew then nor do they know now what I am trying to have done, I took the dream as a sign. It is hard to stay positive its a horrible horrible time battling with red tape and I hope you get sorted soon and we can follow your progress....good luck hun..xx

Oh thanks for your messages girls, appreciate them. :)

Forgot to update....doh!

I changed the title of my thread and then got cut off before I could update. I have decided to have wls with Mr Shaw Somers. Am just waiting on a consultation appt. I have emailed but no reply as yet. Will make a phonecall tomorrow.

I have admitted to my parents that I've yet again messed up another diet. I hated lying to them but was too ashamed of myself.

My attitude now is it's either gonna be the worst thing I ever do or the best but at least I will know I have tried every option. :wave_cry:

Hi Lynn, do you mind me asking whether you are going private or having it done on the NHS? I'm waiting for a consultant appointment with Mr Shaw Somers too and was wondering whether you get to see him quicker if it is privately funded rather than NHS. Many thanks. Julie

Hi Lyn,

Congrats on making the decision, from what his patients on here say, Shaw is a very kind and understanding man so I'm sure you'll be put at ease on your consultation.

Hope you get a date soon!

Shel

good luck lyne and spikey you have got a great team your going to see they done my band and they are fantastic , he is such a good dr makes you feel really cared for

Hi Lynn
I had my bypass done by Shaw Sommers privately due to having a GP who didn't give a dam. I waited a few weeks for my appointment in London and chose to have the operation in Chichester (not far from Gatwick as reading your thread understand you are in NI) could have had my operation two weeks after the consultation but was going on holiday. My op cost me £8150 plus £165.00 consultation fee this also includes check ups for a year. the only thing is you go on a ward you don't have a private room which I found much better. To have the same op in London would have been £12,000 so had a big saving. Once you see Shaw he will guide you as to what procedure is best for you. Hope info is of some help.
Loll

Oooooh, my favourite subject... :giggle:

Seriously, Lynn... you are in fabulous hands! :D

Shaw did my bypass for me at his center of excellence in Chichester, and it was absolutely fab... his team are experts in the field of Bariatric medicine and care, and they will look after you so, so well :)

And as for the man himself... well, what can I say :eek:

Shaw is a very, very caring and genuine man who totally understands where obese people are coming from in terms of social stigma and the general difficulties encountered in life when you're larger than the average person on the street. He is also a top notch surgeon and has a fantastic safety record, so have no fear on any score :D

I hope to see you one day in the little waiting room... even that's fab, as it's a private area and we all have a great time!!! It's like a little club... The Shaw Somers Fanclub :cool:

All the best for your consultation, and feel free to ask Shaw anything and everything... he never rushes you, answers everything fully and honestly, and it really is one on one care :)

x

Thanks for your messages folks!:)

Hi Lynn, do you mind me asking whether you are going private or having it done on the NHS? Many thanks. Julie

Hiya Julie, I have to pay for my op as found out not only can I not have my op NHS in N. Ireland but there was no chance of me paying for it either as the hospital had withdrawn their facilities. :(

Ols, you've lost what- about 12st? I can't count but a rough estimate lol. :wow: Shaw's quite handsome ain't he? ;) I think things have worked out quite well, seems I am getting the best possible surgeon in the UK.

Hiya Reb. How do you feel? Have you posted your experiences so far? Would really like to read it. :)

Wishing you all the best Lynne :hug99:

Back