• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins! Diary of a skinny girl?!

Because I slept all day of my op I only had one hours sleep through the night. I was up dressed and packed at four am! It's even easier to get up today. Feeling tons better :) I even braved a walk last night and feel fine. So glad! Glad you are feeling well amy. I think the wind pain exadgerates the other pain, so as classy as it is burp for England!! X

I received my call from nutrionist the day after I was sent home x

Oh. I've had no calls at all yet. I keep dreaming about food :-( its always that I've eaten it before realising that I can't have it! I had a lovely Indian last night :) x

Guess it depends on who is your provider?! I went with wls group! Ring them if you need them though!

The dreams will go......saying that I had one last night in that I had a mcvities chocolate digestive! Yes one lol! Hardly being a saboteur but that's how strict I'm being so think its tipping me over the edge lol! Xx

Ooh a chocolate biscuit! Mmmm that would be a nice birthday treat. Instead I've had a milky coffee. Think I'll go all out and have a yoghurt soon! X

lolalou said:
Ooh a chocolate biscuit! Mmmm that would be a nice birthday treat. Instead I've had a milky coffee. Think I'll go all out and have a yoghurt soon! X

Oh the choices....strawberry, peach, cherry..... :D

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Ha! Had a yoghurt this morning and it tasted amazing! Am back in Bristol. Had to get a cab as my friend's car broke down so see couldn't pick me up....disaster. Had a lovely woman driver though and slept the whole way. Still have hardly any pain....scared its going to kick in....been drinking peppermint tea. Love your dreams! LolaLou - I asked about calls and she said could be any time...so goodness knows...x

Thanks Amy. Don't worry too much about the pain, it's bound to be painful considering what we had done but it really does get better so fast! Every day is much better! I'm even going out today. Get plenty of sleep try and walk about a bit and peppermint in hot water. I found a hot water bottle on my shoulder helped a little bit. Good luck with your recovery. It will fly by. It's my birthday today an it feels so strange not having something nice planned to eat for breakfast lunch or dinner :-( but that's obviously how I got this size so I will make do with my birthday yoghurt. I've lost a stone now since the 31st may though so I'm happy with that x

lolalou said:
Thanks Amy. Don't worry too much about the pain, it's bound to be painful considering what we had done but it really does get better so fast! Every day is much better! I'm even going out today. Get plenty of sleep try and walk about a bit and peppermint in hot water. I found a hot water bottle on my shoulder helped a little bit. Good luck with your recovery. It will fly by. It's my birthday today an it feels so strange not having something nice planned to eat for breakfast lunch or dinner :-( but that's obviously how I got this size so I will make do with my birthday yoghurt. I've lost a stone now since the 31st may though so I'm happy with that x

Happy birthday mrs skinny to be :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Happy birthday Lola life begins today woo hoo x x x

Thanks :) it does. I'm feeling great! Finding it strange all the gurgles don't know if I'm hungry or my wind still hasn't all gone! Strange not knowing what's going on in there after 32 years :) x

I know what you mean! Happy birthday! Enjoy that yogurt!

Okay! So this time on Friday I was going down for surgery...weird.

Feel okay generally and have not really had the wind pain other people described...however, do have a pain kind of at the base of my throat and it hurts a bit to swallow....is worst when lying down. Found that tepid liquids go down best...and weirdly it seems to be that things with milk in them go down better than plain water (had half a can of cream of mushroom soup, minus the big bits, which was lovely and went down really well with little pain...ate with a teaspoon). Joined My Fitness Pal and had 438 calories yesterday (know I shouldn't be thinking about calories yet but I was interested).

Got some soluble cocodomol which has been knocking me out and I have had MENTAL dreams. So all in all, things are okay! Really looking forward to feeling better....when I get paid am going to join the fancy gym near my house and go swimming loads....

Glad you didn't get the wind pain too bad, my throat was fine the man did say we have a tube down our throats which can make it sore afterwards maybe it's that. I've been sleeping amazing! Must have been the co codamol! To be fair I never used to have much of a problem before. I'm off to Harry potter studios now, the downside being my boyfriend is driving and we always fall out about his driving so I'm trying to sleep as much as poss ;-) hope your throat feels better tomorrow. I'm stressed that I've not been to the toilet in over a week. That's not going to be good :-( but generally I'm happy. Dreaming about my scrambled egg in a week!! X

Good luck! Hope you have a nice time! The pain is kind of like when you get a pill stuck in your throat!? Guessing everything's just swollen. I am also worried about the bathroom situation! Sure I won't go for ages...eek. I hate eggs but think even I might be looking forward to them after a couple of weeks! Xx

Hi Amy, how are you today?? Hope your throat is better. Can you remember how long we had to wear those stockings at night? My memory is terrible! I'm hoping it was five nights cos I'm sick of them now :) x

Hi! I took them off yesterday...I'm not sure either. Did you get injections? I got one in hospital but none to take home....the nurse said it depends on the surgeon and mr hewin doesn't think they're necessary...still got a few aches and pains and the weird pain at the base of my throat/top of my chest, but am otherwise okay. My housemates have gone on holiday and I felt really miserable and sorry for myself yesterday...had a cry and thought 'what have I done!' (and couldn't seem to stop reading about peoples band complications) but feeling much more positive today. Desperate to shower but going to leave it another day....washed my hair over the bath. Hope you're feeling alright!

masonrules said:
Hi! I took them off yesterday...I'm not sure either. Did you get injections? I got one in hospital but none to take home....the nurse said it depends on the surgeon and mr hewin doesn't think they're necessary...still got a few aches and pains and the weird pain at the base of my throat/top of my chest, but am otherwise okay. My housemates have gone on holiday and I felt really miserable and sorry for myself yesterday...had a cry and thought 'what have I done!' (and couldn't seem to stop reading about peoples band complications) but feeling much more positive today. Desperate to shower but going to leave it another day....washed my hair over the bath. Hope you're feeling alright!

Hey mrs don't you go getting down! I'll send you my weightloss fairy....she's guided me through with no complications! Imagine 6months time! Then smile! Think size 12! Then smile! :) chin up :)
I was advised to keep stockings on for bed up until my last injection if that helps x

Thanks so much Jo! That nearly made me cry....I'm so over emotional at the moment! If I do half as well as you I will be delighted. Xxx

think we've all been there! Yep...even I have known to weaken lol but don't tell anyone! Imagining 6mth away seems unreal right now I'm guessing?! It did for me too. Yet here I am and it's almost like the last 7months haven't happened. Mini goals worked for me....once youre on solids n back to normal it's all about each small step adding up to be one bloody big one lol. I'd aim for the half stone, then the stone, then the sneaky peek of the next stone and so on....breaking it down makes it so much more realistic. It's taken me until this last month to even agree my goal weight as at the start I didn't think I'd ever get here, following my other pointless targets set at slimming clubs galore lol.
Just remember to take plenty of photos now and measure yourself....you need those for when you may stall the odd weeks to keep you going!!!! Xx

Back