• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins! Diary of a skinny girl?!

Thanks! I saw it. Am okay today. And weighed myself....15 stone 13! Know its only a couple of pounds off but its a nice feeling to know I'll never be in the 16s again (positive thinking!)

Well done Amy! I had lost a couple of pound too which takes me to about one stone five pound off since starting this. Just so impatient! Feels like I should be losing a stone a day on this liquid diet :-/ hope you are feeling well today. X

Okay! So this time last week I was sitting on my bed in Dolan park, gowned up and trying desperately to concentrate on the tv! I am going to try to keep posting here because I know how much I loved reading diaries pre-op (and still do).

In just one week I have:
- lost 9lbs
-gone from obese to overweight in the bmi scale (I know other people have a lot more to lose than me so this feels a bit easily won....I can only say I have struggled with my weight forever and really felt surgery was my only way to keep the weight off and not get bigger.)
-cried almost EVERY DAY (that's not to say I've been in total misery, just been really up and down)
-given up TWO freelance jobs....leaving me very poor but with hopefully enough time to work on creative projects (I write and have a show on at the end if July...eek)

My incisions are really good and haven't found the diet too hard....my hand blender has been essential.

Pains haven't been too bad either and I think the hardest bit has been the emotional stuff....but in my case I think thats a lot to do with the fact I had way too much work on....and being self-employed there's no such thing as sick leave!

So, 5lbs more until 1 stone off! And 10lbs until I'm in the 14s.

The show I am writing (and performing in) is know July 25th so am hoping I'll fit comfortably in a size sixteen dress for it.

Onwards and downwards!

X

Feels good doesn't it?! Positive thinking is a really great approach to living with your band ... well done so far and good luck for the future x

Full focus and little goal getting you to your big one will keep you on track good luck and keep baton u ll enjoy reading back on day

12lbs off today! In less than 2 weeks! My tentative goal was a stone in month - have changed to a stone and a half. Phoned clinic and got my dietician appt for 10th July and first fill for 17th. Am excited! Don't think they'll have any trouble finding my port...its massive! Sure its going to be visible when I've lost more weight....

Well done Amy!! I'm not doing so well! I'm well and truly at a stall already. Ah well. Glad you got your appointments. Another thing to look forward to! I thought I'd found my port but not sure! I can feel something hard on my right where I had a big bruise but Jo said its usually on the left or middle. So I'm not sure! X

masonrules said:
12lbs off today! In less than 2 weeks! My tentative goal was a stone in month - have changed to a stone and a half. Phoned clinic and got my dietician appt for 10th July and first fill for 17th. Am excited! Don't think they'll have any trouble finding my port...its massive! Sure its going to be visible when I've lost more weight....

Well done you that's a great loss :) big smiles for you :)

lolalou said:
Well done Amy!! I'm not doing so well! I'm well and truly at a stall already. Ah well. Glad you got your appointments. Another thing to look forward to! I thought I'd found my port but not sure! I can feel something hard on my right where I had a big bruise but Jo said its usually on the left or middle. So I'm not sure! X

Don't let a stall knock you! We all have them from time to time...it will sort itself but only if you're a good girl :) no getting fed up and turning to the biscuit tin!!! X

Lola! You've lost over 20lbs! Remember I'm still on liquids....so very few calories. Sure I'll stall soon! Def going to have to up my calories a bit as feel knackered....have been on around 700-800 a day....going to aim for 1000 when I start soft foods....that way I'll be able to function! Don't lose heart....have faith! Bet you'll have a good drop soon xxx

Thanks. It's just disheartening two pound in two weeks :-/ the main loss was before. I am enjoying being back on food though. I made a slimming world recipe vegetable pakora for dinner that was delicious x

Hey! Am okay! Lost a stone! (put a pound back on this morning but I'm ignoring that - sure it's just water). Have terrible heart burn (think thats what it is) have never had it before so was confused about what it was....its been agony!!! Way worse than post op pain. Better when I take rennies/gaviscon but only for a bit. Called thg group today and spoke to nurse who told me to eat smaller mouthfulls and chew for longer....she was really nice. Hope it sorts itself out. Otherwise all is great! Incisions have healed perfectly and I joined the gym today. Got dietician appt on the 10th and fill on 17th. Am excited! How are you? Xx

Wow that is great! I've not done that well, not for lack of trying, but hoping that it will all start happening soon! I put two pounds on but put that down to my belated birthday drinks on sat. Been eating small portions so I'm surprised it's not happened so fast for me, I'm around the 1000 calorie mark so can't afford to eat any less, eating loads of veg, made a cauliflower and egg curry today. Interesting combination but v tasty! I actually cancelled my gym membership because I wasn't getting there enough with me working away so much so thought the extra thirty pound a month could help towards paying this op off so just taking the dog on mega hikes instead :) need more protein but it confuses me as we can only have mince at the mo, I will ask the dietician for advice when they finally ring me back. I meant to chase them again today because I'll be away on my dietician call so I asked for them to move it.
Glad you are doing so well, well done!you will be starting on the purée food now aren't you? X

Hi Amy how are you feeling today? Saw you hadn't been too well :-/ I'm dreading my full after reading your comments, think that's why I've had it so easy as I have no fill. That is going to be a shock to my system as I think food drops straight through my band at the minute. I've got to fly next week and even though it's only a short flight I always fill up with wind on planes so I'm dreading that!! Hope you get sorted soon if it is acid. X

Hi! Thanks for asking. To be honest am not great. Am okay right this minute....but for most of the day I was in pain. The evenings seem to be better and I wonder if its because my band is looser and/or because I eat a more 'solid' meal (still soft but more substantial....was soft cauliflower cheese this evening and I feel way better). It occurred to me today that perhaps I'm not eating enough...and also that maybe caffeine is the culprit. So tomorrow am going to cut out all caffeine and see how that goes. Then next day I might try a more substantial lunch....porridge maybe? Today I had yogurt and coffee for breakfast and veg soup for lunch. At about 2 I had to run to superdrug for yet more antacid which helped me temporarily.....but later on was close to tears....terrible pain in throat and when swallowing and horrible feeling I need to burp. To very honest the worst thing seems to be drinking water....have to sip so slowly and still causes pain...is Di weird!

Mason I feel the same about water its worst then eating it doesn't matter how small my sips r it hurts after for ages.

Argh really dreading that fill! There's no way I've got off lightly! Although I'm semi glad now they left it empty till I settled. I would have hated to be struggling when I was still recovering and emotional etc! Everytime I eat and sometimes when I drink I have the strangest burps! Hope they sort it out for you soon. I used to get acid sometimes but omperazole was amazing and sorted it out. Don't know if that would still help in this situation though. Will soon find out. My first fill in a couple of weeks or so x

Okay! So been posting on another thread about problems with acid reflux....however, for the last two days I have felt better....totally normal today. Hurrah! AND I weighed in at 14'13.... So have lost 19 lbs in less than a month. A good day!

Back