• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

another 'fat' freak show story

cherry

OMG! :eek:

I went on that very same slide 5 years ago with Kieran. I was about 16 stone then. We didn't get stuck but when the dingy got to the bottom I couldn't get out of it without turning over onto my knees and then it wasn't very dignified :eek:

That could so easily have been my story :(

Poor woman!

and me to karen!!!!! id just be distrought through embarrassment if that was me, id seriously be distressed xx

We took the kids to Southport pleasure beach years ago. Me, hubby, my friend and her hubby were all around the same size (think I was 17st then). The kids went in the funhouse bit through the turnstile. As soon the lady looked at us adults she went and opened the gate to the side - obviously thought we were all too fat to fit through the turnstile :(

She was probably right though.

Actually Kelly this also reminds me something else.

At work a few years back we had new lifts installed that had voices. The lifts stated a max weight of about 100 stone or something.

So one day I got in .... alone .... and the lift door closed and the b***h shouts out "Lift overloaded". THERE WAS ONLY ME IN THERE :eek:

Thank god I was on my own :(

poor. poor soul. I hope she's ok. I've avoided that dratted slide and ones like it for precisely that reason! The article is really quite cruel. If she was too heavy to be on it, it was Butlins responsibility to stop her.

Actually Kelly this also reminds me something else.

At work a few years back we had new lifts installed that had voices. The lifts stated a max weight of about 100 stone or something.

So one day I got in .... alone .... and the lift door closed and the b***h shouts out "Lift overloaded". THERE WAS ONLY ME IN THERE :eek:

Thank god I was on my own :(

Sorry but pmsl! it is funny....it was wrong obviously!

Good grief Charis I hope the lift was wrong lol. I don't think I've ever reached 100 stone ;)

It says a staff member estimated the woman at 16st but the whole limit for the dingy was 20st. So what? They thought her friend was only 4st?? :eek:

I think it is disgusting that they print things like that, and sorry I had a giggle too Charis, Karen x

Reactions: Bev
i think thats riddiculous that mean two people must not weigh more than 10 stone each!!! whaaaaaa.........

is it more aimed for kids then, that ride?

i read it on the internet at lunchtime and felt very embarrassed for the poor lady - then i read the comments that people had out underneath and it made my blood boil. people are just so cruel

Reactions: Bev
Well, when I feel better... we won't be planning a day out to there... what a degrading story...

Full of assumptions and an awful embarrassment for the lady concerned....

It puts me in mind of my dread of airline seats... cinema and theatre too... seating and slides are just not geared up for everyone...

Love and hugs xxx

Last edited:
Omg how embarrassing I was just reading the comments below and someone said wen they was there 2 kids got stuck on there and they didn't weight 20 or even 16 stone between them!!! I bet that didn't make headline news did it??? Poor lady it must be the ride that's faulty if kids r getting stuck too xx

good on her for having the self confidence to go on a water slide in the first place. I'd never have dared to wear a swimsuit.

This is why I have avoided 'fun fairs' for the last 15 years.....

Back