• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any regrets?

Relax Karen, you do all you can and I hope you can relax love... everyone wants the very best for you and you know we are here for you.

I would not take anything personally, or upset yourself, your opinion is valued as much as everyones and hope you are getting a chance to relax and take care.

By the way... I just read what you said and I had to smile... 'I'm truly hoping to see a ghost of the former me! With any luck'... xxx

Before i had surgery i was refered to the mental health team......I stated to them that i didnt know if i was fat because i was unhappy or unhappy because i was fat.
I was diagnossed with anxiety and told that this was probably due to my weight, so i had the op and lost the weight and did the anxiety leave me? NO!
I am now more anxious about everything else if i get a pain or twinge i immeadiatley think i'm dying.
So to echo what someone else said WL surgery does not sort out all your problems, and in someways highlights ones you weren't really aware of.
Do i regret it? Sometimes not often! I was in a bubble when i was fat and only had that to worry about, the surgery opened new doors and gave me new problems to deal with mentally and physically, it also gave me new oppertunities and goals to strive for. xx

i think he may have wrote that as you said you were leaving, im sure no malice was ment xx

Hi Karen you should definitely post!

This site is only useful if you get to see "ALL" opinions good or bad.

Karen you should post !! Everybody has good and bad days, some weeks good loss some weeks bad loss, this is what makes us human, you are not going to be the only one this has affected negativily, my OH did not think he was going to have all the trouble he had, and i am telling you he said last night he wished he had never had it done, and when you get a stupid nurse telling him well done because he has lost 6 stone in 5 weeks, they should see what he went through to get there. I honestly do not feel negative posts will put anybody off surgery i think they will realise that there is another side to the coin, which they should be aware of, and hopefully will give them a better picture in the months to come xx

Thank you Karlos. So until I am feeling positive about surgery should I not post?

Karen you really need to take a step back and stop seeing every post as a personal attack. Its wearing thin, no pun intended

My post says I hope that at some point in the future you feel differently about your surgery as indeed I did at eight months out. If I had replied to this thread in my first eight months I would have been of a similar mindset to you. I hope at that point you can tell us all how your view has changed about it all. However if you wish to take it otherwise then that is your privilege

Whether you stay or leave once again is your choice, I really have no opinion either way. I wish you well in your journey and hope you make the best choice for you

J-Mo, please don't stop posting because you think we would think you're ungrateful. We may all be on the same journey but will take different routes and resting points. The whole idea of this site is that we are here to help and bolster each other up when needed. I've been quite lucky so far, but who knows what lies ahead. Things could go all pear shape for me in the future. I would hope that if I had regrets I wouldn't be judged in that way.

Karen it is good to have honest posts. I know in the early part of my journey I searched for those who were having a difficult time of it as well as those who appearred to have an easy time. All our stories help others make the right informed choice for them. Thanks for starting this thread.

Ok i'm just catching up with this post and i've just read through the replies. I consider myself fortunate for a few reasons I have never had any bother or pain( touch wood) since my surgery 15 months ago, i've lost more weight than i ever imagined, i was able to have my surgery privately so i never had any of the long wait and the emotional rollercoaster waiting keeps you on and i've met some lovely people from here. All of that said i was on this site for a good while before i had my surgery and i actually read more of the "bad and the ugly" as i knew what the good would mean but needed to hear and see the possible downfalls. It was never going to change my mind but i still needed to be aware.So of course its important for those of you guys who have unfortunatly experienced the difficult, the bad and the ugly as it lets pre oppers and people with pre concieved ideas see the other side. When we "write" as relative strangers to each other we don't know what they are like as people and its easy to "say" something that can either be misinterpreted or our tone can come across wrongly. If you know the person then you know how they write and what they mean. I'm not aiming this at anyone i never have never will i just want to say we need to be allowed to be honest and we also need to be allowed to differ with each other in a dplomatic way. Big hugs to everyone xx

if you knew what you do now would you still have the op sweets?...x
Yes I would do it again. I love my size 12 figure and being able to wear boyfriend jeans plus a t shirt. I love being cold in the winter instead of boiling hot in the middle of December. I'm thinking of having 'filler' injections to put some fat onto my face, as long as I don't end up looking like a hamster!!!

Yes I would do it again. I love my size 12 figure and being able to wear boyfriend jeans plus a t shirt. I love being cold in the winter instead of boiling hot in the middle of December. I'm thinking of having 'filler' injections to put some fat onto my face, as long as I don't end up looking like a hamster!!!

I think im gonna have some filler also.....i look a bit like skelator in the face xx

Reactions: Bev
Dell I don't think it was meant that way. I think it was meant more as "a "without frills" answer for a change" .... but I could be wrong.

My posts have always been honest too but previously I did avoid telling the darker side of the story because when you do you are (in general) made to feel ungrateful for having your sugery.

It's not just me - other post-oppers have agreed with me in private. Some pre-oppers make us feel like "How can you be so ungrateful, I'd love to be in your shoes and have had sugery, so be thankful." Some post-oppers make us feel like "You've been given a wonderful miracle, don't knock it just get on with it and tell everyone how wonderful it is."

I agree totally!! I personally am overjoyed by my weight loss but I currently having a bad time with food. However, seen how people have been treat when posting their feelings on here. I choose to keep my feelings to myself as its not worth the grief. Look at the grief Karen is getting for speaking as she feels!!

GO KAREN!!!

JUST FOR THE RECORD I DO NOT & HAVE NEVER REGRETTED MY BYPASS. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion!!! Surely this is what this forum is all about???????!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweets i dont think its because she s voicing her opinion i think its more to do with the fact, it was said that majority of people see them as ungrateful, i cant stress enough im not one of these people, moan about your op or tell the darker side, im all for hearing i WANNA know so i know what to expect xx

All i know is that i posted something very personal, as i thought sharing would help the people that were interested in the question posed in this thread.
However its now turned into a big row, so i'm done!!

All i know is that i posted something very personal, as i thought sharing would help the people that were interested in the question posed in this thread.

Honey none of this is down to you or your post so worry not.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and to post the good and bad side of WLS. With so many people at different stages of their journey its not surprising we don't all see it the same way all the time. Add in emotion, low carb diets and the amount of baggage most of us carry and its amazing we don't end up all making dramatic exits stage left all the time :D:D:D

Hope you all have a great week x

Please don't think I judge anyone 'cos I don't I sincerely value your opinion. Personally I don't like way people are made to feel for voicing their opinion.

This week has been horrendous for me & I can not keep any food down at all! But I personally haven't felt able to post on here about it as it seems to turn into making the person seeking help being made to feel ungrateful!

In my case it hasn't been the fact I'm ungrateful 'cos I'm certainly not, I just need help with coping with this difficult time. Luckily I found a little help elsewhere!

I truly wish everyone the best in the journeys but just remember we're all human, faults, warts & all!! If we were sooo perfect we wouldn't have joined this forum in the first place nor would we need to resort to WLS! Sorry to be blunt but there it is!

I honestly dont think anyone has meant any offence. I have been shocked at how innocent comments can be taken the wrong way.

Please lets try and remember the help we have all had from this forum.

Hope I've not upset you Karen, ir anyone. I tell it like it is, good and bad, I do find it offensive to read the response I did to the negative reply, saying its good to see an honest one, as it dies read like us positive ones aren't being honest, to me.

However, agree with Karlos, don't anyone take anything to heart, we're all adults, allowed our opinions and its an emotive subject. I don't think anyonee should be made to feel bad for regretting surgery, that's not really on is it?

I honestly have no regrets, but it hasn't stopped me feeling a failure for getting into this state, for having to have such a drastic op as a last weight loss resort, but I'm so pleased I've done it, in do many ways.

I thi.k these sites come into their own when we're struggling, I used to use a parenting date that really helped me thru some hideous times. But while there's a lot of support, just as in real life you might not like everyone's opinion.

Those who regret it, I wonder if you really were made fully aware of the impact preop..and I really hope you can get the support to help you turn a positive corner. Zx

I honestly dont think anyone has meant any offence. I have been shocked at how innocent comments can be taken the wrong way.

Please lets try and remember the help we have all had from this forum.

Here, here!!

Wow, what an interesting thread! Wish i'd been following all along..... So i'll throw in my twopence worth :) Firstly taking a vitamin/calcium/fasttab every day is no big deal, we all know it's coming so why moan about it after? It's not like they keep it top secret and tell you afterwards like it's a booby prize or something is it?

JMo, if food is not being friendly to you and it's making you ill then we want to know, to see if we can offer words of support or advice if we've been or heard of others suffering the same thing.... We want to know every bit of your journey, your highs and your lows can help people. In all honesty a post where someone is having problems/struggling will get my attention more than a 'oh my life is so wonderful, i've lost tons of weight and i'm beautiful', we need to know warts and all xx

I'll give it honestly - when i was pre op i thought some post oppers were stupid gets ruining their chance by eating and drinking alcohol, especially early on. Having had surgery myself i now don't think this way. We are all human and till you've worn the t-shirt don't comment on whether it suits you or not.

Those of us who have had the surgery should tell it like it is, whether its good or bad! We need to know about what kinda **** can hit the fan at some point (sorry for the language moderators but it's needed). When my hubby was down for the surgery i told him, don't expect a bed or roses like i've had, you can have it rough as heck, every person is different.

Lastly and i hope nobody takes offence, but as mother to three children and grandmother to two i have to say it...

For god's sake stop bickering and picking at each other, i expect to read this on my 13yr old daughters facebook page. We are all or have all been in the same boat -

Love n light and weight loss to you all xx

Back