• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone under Luton & Dunstable hopsital

Hello all , hope everyones ok , Yes im home , Op went well but took about an hour longer than usual because of fatty build up around my intestines that had to be clearded before the surgeon could make cuts . Kept in for 6 days as I also had slight trouble with blood and possible chest infection but all was sorted and now im home ........on two weeks of fluids only now and what seems neverending tablets .Overall I must say it was a horrible experience and all the medical staff were great ......being home im only having one problem ........when I sleep I seem to sleep on my side and when I wake up I have unbelievably paiful stomach aches ..........im sure this is down to internal bruising ,......as anyone any tips how to avoid this ........other than that Im enjoying my journey so far xx

I have been laying on my back as when i lay on my side it feels like its pulling inside, last night was the first time i slept on my right side in 3.5 weeks

Lo Xbander , I was on ward 22 , went in there on Sunday Morning , you couldnt have missed me as most of time I had my top off with all my tattoos on show , I was having trouble with my blood and was having trouble keeping cool ..........if youd gone in ward 22 , just inside first bed on left was a very big loud man that was getting on everyones nerves (no it wasnt me honest) , shame coz it would have been nice to say hello . How did you find your stay in hospital , staff etc .......and how are you coping now ......any weight loss since ????

The staff on ward 22 were lovely, I had no problems and was up and about the next day.
I am doing well, have lost about 12 pounds since surgery 3 weeks ago.

She was on a different ward to me, but was only supposed to be in one night if everything was OK.

I had a good sleep last night, plenty of painkillers given do should be OK. I just feel like I have kicked in the stomach by a horse. Keeping fluids down OK drinking caramelised apple tea and water at the moment. Just feel very thirsty and feel very bruised and difficult to move, but I can put up with that for a few days.

Can't believe that after nearly 3 years it's finally been done. The surgeon said I have done my bit now you have to do yours. Hope I can do him justice.

I think im having same trouble as you Sundowners , Stomach is very painfull which I presume is the bruising , during the day it does seem to be fading very gradually but at night when I go to sleep I some how tend to try to lay on my side , when I wake up the pain is unbelievable !!!! I will say tho that iv not felt hungry once since Op , even tho only having Squash , water , coffee , Bovril , thin soup and Slimfast to drink . Funny enough Sundowner my niece said about trying some of those fancy teas from Twinnings , so il try them in the week , just so my diet dosnt get boring , Has anyone found that their whole mood as lifted since Op .....coz mine as and im feeling very good and very positive x

Suffering quite a bit with wind tonight just took some morphine. Even though I have mobility problems I am walking as much as I can around the house. I will persevere cause I know it's only temporary. I have tried a few teas but my favourite it caramelised apple which I buy from Tesco's, not available from my Sainsburys.

I do believe my moods have changed, I think it is due to me reaching this goal, which has been a long time coming and also waking up from the surgery that was one of my biggest fears. I am prepared to put up with whatever is put in front of me cause my dream has always been to get a nice pair of slimming jeans and I know that if I stick to the new regime my dream is in sight.

Have one more day of clear liquids then onto something more interesting. A bit disheartened yesterday when I got home and found I had put on kilo. Thankfully I had lost it today. Onwards and downwards Fatbloke, we can go this.

If i have a lazy day i do but when i am more active or out and about i dont, sometimes i wear flight socks instead

Hey everyone,

I'm hope a lot better haven't had much wind and able to sleep on my sides and have no pain just sore from my collapsed lung. Had a rough time so took it right out of me and feeling quite right in the chest area still but hopefully in a few days will be up and about xxx

I came home yesterday.
1st night was difficult as I got alot of pain through the night. Although i slept upright. I seemed to slide down the bed and bending to get out was hard. Woke my poor hubby up twice to help me.
Silly me I hadnt stayed on top of pain relief yesterday but have today and also got some beside me if I wake in pain tonight. I had about 100ml of slim fast today and about 50 ml of soup with milk as i was day 3 and some flavoured still water. Still not drinking enough though as sheets say 1.5 litres and im probably at 500ml maximum in the day.
Don't feel hungry or fanciful at all.

Scales said im a kilo more than I was on op day which annoyed me ? but im still so bloated, sore and bruised that I dont think scales will show a true reading until start to heal a bit. So Ive decided to not weigh and just follow what the instructions for a week/10days and go from there...

Hope everyone is enjoying their new journey.
Although Im struggling with pain etc I am so super excited to see the results in the future that I am very positive.... the next phase is in our hands.... lets work at it... wooop!!

Claudia- Connie (HCA) was in my bay the other day and she was saying how much she loved you and you made her smile/giggle. Sounds like ur a right laugh.. shame we didnt cross paths... :)

Hi Toni, i have been trying to wear them at night but am getting to hot in them, so tgey usually start on me but i usually end up taking tgem off halfway through the night ha ha ha

Glad your all doing ok, Luluah you really do need to drink more fluid otherwise you will get dehydrated and end up back in hospital, just sip all day, use a straw if you find it hurts as you tend to take smaller sips with a straw.
Well done all :) :) :) :)

Hi I am alive.had time from hell.worse hospital stay ever. When I am better I will explain. I can't swallow due to pipe down throat during op causing me like a big blister so can't breath or swallow. Can't get more than a sip down and I am bloated and in pain.can't walk very fast. They neglected me at hospital and Dr barrack was not happy. I don't want to drink as it hurts. Went out bought throat spray to numb throat and calpol 6+.. Feeling sorry for my self x

Back