• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone under Luton & Dunstable hopsital

I have tried chicken in a tikka masala sauce I managed well, but I can't manage mince or fish no matter how much I chew it. It get sticks. Will speak to surgeon about it Monday . How strange is that? X

I had chicken while on soft diet without any problems am 9.5 weeks post op now and eat lots of it without any problems. How are you doing ?

Hi Bedford, glad you are eating and you are getting there. What time are your appointments on Monday? My first one is at 3.45 with surgeon, then 4pm with dietician.

Hi guys,
Hope you don't mind me ambushing! I'm new on here and would just like to say hello! I'm from Kent, just finishing tier 3 with 4healthyweight and have just made the decision to be referred to Luton and Dunstable for tier 4 and fingers xed, surgery!
Hope to chat soon, tori xx

Hi guys,
Hope you don't mind me ambushing! I'm new on here and would just like to say hello! I'm from Kent, just finishing tier 3 with 4healthyweight and have just made the decision to be referred to Luton and Dunstable for tier 4 and fingers xed, surgery!
Hope to chat soon, tori xx

Welcome Tori. Hi Sumdowner and all. I have my appointment at 3pm so will see each other. I still get sick nearly everyday bit not as bad. I now avoid weetabix and I spread tablets through out the day. I dumped this morning putting too much sugar on my ready break. Wanting to go abroad in July was going to go half board, but in the last two weeks I have came to a conclusion I need to eat every two hours otherwise I am too hungry and that's when I normally get sick. Some people say they never feel hungry! Maybe when I get a different job that's busy I won't have time to think I am hungry.

Sue I tried chicken yesterday and thankfully it was fine yay so I now have something new to eat lol

Hi Tori where about a in kent are you? I'm from kent and went to L&D I'm now 9 weeks post surgery and doing great xx

Hi guys,
Thank you for the kind welcome! Toni, I'm in Sevenoaks! Where abouts are you? I'd love to hear more about your journey? Xx

I'm down near margate right on the South east coast. I'd be happy to talk about it if you would like to message me, feel free to find me on Facebook my full name is Toni Osborn I'm wearing a white shirt and have short blonde hair. It would be easier to talk via messenger on there if you are on there? xx

Hi all
My last couple of weeks have been hard. Keep being sick.
Thankfully so far today ive managed with out vomiting but my energy levels are really low and I have terrible mood swings.
Im six weeks post op and all was going well at first so don't know what has changed.
Ive spoken to hospital and not much advise given as they say I am doing what I am supposed to be doing... so really feel lost.
No appointment for another two weeks.
Just taking each day as it comes.
Glad to hear you are all managing well and hope that life is getting back to normality for you all.
X

Hi Luluah, sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell hope you soon feel better.
I'm due for my sleeve on Tuesday 2/6/15. What was you eating when your problem started, I try to avoid it then.
How much weight have you lost so far.

Hi Luluah, sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell hope you soon feel better.
I'm due for my sleeve on Tuesday 2/6/15. What was you eating when your problem started, I try to avoid it then.
How much weight have you lost so far.

Hi 60's babe
I am due my sleeve on the 2nd of June too. How you feeling? I am due in hospital tomorrow. I am really worried though as I have only lost a few pounds on LSD.
Good luck
jackie

Hi all
My last couple of weeks have been hard. Keep being sick.
Thankfully so far today ive managed with out vomiting but my energy levels are really low and I have terrible mood swings.
Im six weeks post op and all was going well at first so don't know what has changed.
Ive spoken to hospital and not much advise given as they say I am doing what I am supposed to be doing... so really feel lost.
No appointment for another two weeks.
Just taking each day as it comes.
Glad to hear you are all managing well and hope that life is getting back to normality for you all.
X

Sorry to hear your not feeling well and that your not getting any answers.
Hope you feel better soon
Jackie
x

Hi 60's babe
I am due my sleeve on the 2nd of June too. How you feeling? I am due in hospital tomorrow. I am really worried though as I have only lost a few pounds on LSD.
Good luck
jackie

Hi jacwat,
I'm great how r u.
Is your op Tuesday same as mine? Don't worry about how much weight you lost I only lost 4kg since I started the LSD, we can't change it now though I been starving, how bout you. I was having slim fast x 4 oxo 2litres water. Had a full on cry day Friday don't know what was wrong just cry baby.

Hi jacwat,
I'm great how r u.
Is your op Tuesday same as mine? Don't worry about how much weight you lost I only lost 4kg since I started the LSD, we can't change it now though I been starving, how bout you. I was having slim fast x 4 oxo 2litres water. Had a full on cry day Friday don't know what was wrong just cry baby.

Oh I know how you feel. I am on 2-3 pints of milk, 2 yoghurts and 1 homemade veg soup. I have found it incredibly difficult and had a slight meltdown yesterday. Have you lost much?
I have to check into the ward 2pm tomorrow and then op on Tuesday. I really cant wait until I am being wheeled down to that theatre and then I will finally believe its happening!
Good luck and keep posting!
Jackie
x

Oh I know how you feel. I am on 2-3 pints of milk, 2 yoghurts and 1 homemade veg soup. I have found it incredibly difficult and had a slight meltdown yesterday. Have you lost much?
I have to check into the ward 2pm tomorrow and then op on Tuesday. I really cant wait until I am being wheeled down to that theatre and then I will finally believe its happening!
Good luck and keep posting!
Jackie
x

On the LSD only lost 4kg bout u how much. I'm not going in till Tuesday morning. I'm like you I won't believe it till I got it done.
Good luck.

Hello all , hope everyones doing well , after a couple of the early weeks struggling with low blood pressure and then low sugar everything is now going fine ,4 eating well , had one bad episode where id eaten some beef which caused a slight blockage causing me to be sick and not able to even swallow water and then I tried some healthy eating low fat fish in a curry sauce from Aldis which unbeknown to me had lots of hidden sugar even tho healthy eating , caused me to suffer dumping ,......I did not like that one bit ......lesson learnt ......read all labels thoroughly in future !!! Anyway went to L n D clinic last Tuesday since Op z (just over 6 weeks) , thought id lost weight but not sure how much ........stood on scales 4 1/2 stone lost .....OMG ......sooooo happy .........doc said a little bit too much weight loss but I was doing everything well and was over the worst time which is the first 6 weeks ........now got to keep weight loss down to 2-3 lbs per week ........starting to try new things which I do every couple of days so that if im ill , I know what made me ill ,,,, iv got a dress watch I havent been able to get on for about 15 years ......got it on this week ........YIPPEE ......lets hope weight loss continues

Hello all , hope everyones doing well , after a couple of the early weeks struggling with low blood pressure and then low sugar everything is now going fine ,4 eating well , had one bad episode where id eaten some beef which caused a slight blockage causing me to be sick and not able to even swallow water and then I tried some healthy eating low fat fish in a curry sauce from Aldis which unbeknown to me had lots of hidden sugar even tho healthy eating , caused me to suffer dumping ,......I did not like that one bit ......lesson learnt ......read all labels thoroughly in future !!! Anyway went to L n D clinic last Tuesday since Op z (just over 6 weeks) , thought id lost weight but not sure how much ........stood on scales 4 1/2 stone lost .....OMG ......sooooo happy .........doc said a little bit too much weight loss but I was doing everything well and was over the worst time which is the first 6 weeks ........now got to keep weight loss down to 2-3 lbs per week ........starting to try new things which I do every couple of days so that if im ill , I know what made me ill ,,,, iv got a dress watch I havent been able to get on for about 15 years ......got it on this week ........YIPPEE ......lets hope weight loss continues

great to hear your early troubles are behind you and what a fantastic start, 4 and a half stone. Wow, you really did not have a clue how much you'd lost? Most of us would be on the scales every 5 minutes. Lovely NSV re the watch, just wearing it will remind you far you have come already. Well done. :)

Thankyou Weegie , no I really did not have a clue how much weight id lost , I made the decision from the start that I wouldnt buy a set of scales , because I didnt want to get into habit of jumping on and off scales three or four times every day , id prefer a bigger loss that a odd pound here n there if you know what I mean , so I thought id leave being weighed until 6 week post op check over ......iv another appointment in another 6 weeks so il leave it until then again , if I need weighing after that il pop into Boots once a month and jump on their machine where I can get a print out of weight , The one thing I did do was get my son to take 4 pics of me (front , back and both side ons) pre-op and again after 6 weeks , you can see from pics where weight has gone , id recommend this to anyone ,.......mind you Pre -op pics really were a wake up call ..........good luck with your journeys

Back