• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August 2015 Surgeries

You and I have the same surgeon Niccie yet because we have different providers the advice is different. Crazy! Still I'll stick with it as I understand the main purpose is so that ulcers don't develop.

Yes your right, because the prof thinks 2 weeks on liquid is ok but the spire riding programme is 4 weeks liquid, prof said he thought that was probably better.

I had my surgery at the spire Southampton and there's has changed since I had bypass five years ago, had revision bypass and Fobi ring 4 weeks ago and there's is now, two weeks liquid, two weeks purée and two weeks minced.

So last day of the month, Hope everyone is now through their surgery, back home, starting to fell better and seeing the 1st losses. I am sure we will all have ups and downs over the coming months and whatever other people might say this is not going to be the "easy option".

Ladies (I think I am the only guy on this thread) we are all starting this journey together and I just wanted to say Good luck everyone !

Last edited:
Week 3 weekly weigh in day and lost 1.5lbs, Not as much as I hoped as have been walking 2.5 - 3 miles every day and sticking to puree diet. I have seen posts mentioning a third week stall so I suppose I should be grateful I did manage a loss.,,,,and I did go down a waistsize.

It comes in swings and roundabouts. I did lose of exercise last week (week 5) and I gained 0.2 pound! It's coming off nicely again now though :)

I'm just happy to see it going down at whatever rate it wants.

And when was the last time you lost 16lb in 3 weeks with no fear of putting it on the following week.

great way of looking at it.

Well done to all of us who had surgery in August am doing pretty fab 11kg lose and am 4 weeks today post op feel fab xxx

Come on ladies this thread is very quiet. How is everyone's weight loss going ??

I have lost 9.5 kgs (21lbs) on 4 weeks. I see Vain has done even better, well done with that. What about everyone else ? I love to hear other peoples good news.

Your doing very well loving the loop! I had my op on the 22nd Aug and including the 2 week LSD I've lost 1 St 10, so 24lb. X it is a quiet thread, maybe the rent aren't many August ops? X

I had my op on the 19th August,and beginning to wonder what I have done,I have got to say has been the hardest 3 1\2 weeks of my life so far,have had constent nausea and indigestion,which got so bad couldn't even drink fluids,just been put on new anti sickness med as first didn't work,early days but hoping it will improve,had terrible back pain for first 3 weeks also,haven't even had the chance to enjoy my weight loss which up until now has been 2 stone 2 lbs,hoping things start looking up

Hi, really sorry to hear about your troubles, great weight loss though! I've also got back ache a lot which I don't normally get unless I'm ironing! Hope your tablets work x

Back