• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August Club

Dimond, how are you finding the diet? I'm on day 4, not going too bad. I can see me getting sick by the end of the week though

I start mine in 9 days....eeek! :eek:
I've just it the go ahead today to drink rice milk instead of normal milk and to have 1 pint less of my daily allowance and have an extra yogurt instead.
Wooohooo I can't wait...those 10 days are going to be hard, but I worth it in the end :D

Evenstarr, 10 days will pass in no time, but it's good that you can have rice milk. I'm putting my yoghurts in with my banana milkshake. As I can't stand eating them

I'm going to try and make a milk jelly type of thing as I can have unlimited sugar free jelly!
I quite like yogurts but dunno how I'm going to feel after eating 3 a day for 10 days!

Hi everybody, thankyou all for the welcomes :D

Diamond how did you find having your band removed? My surgeon just deflated mine 6 weeks ago and i am having it removed and the bypass done at the same time :eek: so its going to be a long surgery, to be honest i thought they would of taken the band out first and then the bypass?? so im a little worried now.

He told me the bypass should be stapled exactly where the band is fitted which is why i thought they would take the band out let it heal and then do the bypass, which to me kind of makes sence :confused: but he said they will just have to staple a little bit lower down from where the band site is due to scarring etc which means that the pouch will be just slightly larger than usual :confused: which dosent sound good to me. Diamond what were you told hun?

He also said that in the rare case that he couldnt do it because of too much scar tissue then he would have to do the duodenal switch :eek: blimey i'd never even heard of this before and have been doing a bit of reading up on here just in case.

I've been on the milk diet since the 20th July, and I also have the extra yogurt and only 1 pint of milk, as I am not that keen on milk, and after this pre op diet is over I never ever want to see another yogurt again!!!!! and I used to like yogurt :sigh:

Hi all

Started my liver shrinking diet today ...Thought being the 1st of the month would do 16 days...

I am doing 4 ww soups and 4 low fat yogurts, doing ok but not sure when to fit the oxo in, dont really like oxo :(..

Anyone else doing soups ???? Might change to milk if i dont lose much weight after a week..

Nicky :D

Hi missell I was told that I couldnt have it done at the same time as my stomach needed to heal but it's only 4 weeks after I will be having my bypass. I did want both done together as Iv read that a lot of people do but I guess it's down to your surgeon. I wouldnt worry tho as your surgeon knows what he/she is doing. Hardly any pain getting it out and no wind pain which I was delighted about coz I had it bad when getting the band in.
Em, ur soooo lucky only doing 10 days! I have to do 14 :-( good luck for when you start x
Lubilu I'm struggling a little I'm on day 3 now and extremely tired. I had a banana yesterday along with my milk soup and yoghurts because I was starving. I hope this 3 day thing is right and I'm not feeling as hungry tomorrow. Are all of the pre-op diets based on 800 calories? what exactly are you eating?
Keep up the good work everyone not long now xxxxxx

Nickynoodles are you choosing to do it for 16 days or has your surgeon told you to do that? I was wondering about tinned soup as I'm sick on my own home made vege soup, but diegition said clear soup with no potatoe or lentils, anyone any ideas?

Not long now Amanda, how u feeling Hun? Xxx

You can buy the powdered bouillon in tesco, and that really is like a very nice clear soup and totally natural and very low calorie and quite tasty. I had it the other night just to make a change from an oxo cube, so maybe that would be an option for clear soup dimond??? I can't believe I only have a week to go now! Feels like I haven't eaten a proper meal for a lifetime!!! Just beginning to get really nervous now, and the lack of food is making me a bit tearyand emotional, but dietician says that is pretty normal..... Would kill for a banana right now!! and I don't even like banana......:cry::cry:

Lol Amanda, we'll look back on this and hopefully have a little chuckle, take care xxx

I'm sure we will dimond. Just wish I could manage a little chuckle now lol!!!! But I know all this will be worth it. xx

I thought I was going mad. I've been an emotional wreck today. Diet is going pretty well. Only felt hungry a few times and had a glass of Milk to help.
I am having pretty much the same thing every day.

Breakfast- Cup of Tea and some grapes
Lunch-Banana and yoghurt smoothie ie, Banana, Yoghurt and Milk
Dinner/Tea-Soup (Either 1/3 tin of veg soup or cup of soup) and Banana and Yoghurt Smoothie again!
Snack- Sugar free Jelly and some grapes.

Sounds pretty borring, but seems to be keeping me full.

LubiLu said:
I thought I was going mad. I've been an emotional wreck today. Diet is going pretty well. Only felt hungry a few times and had a glass of Milk to help.
I am having pretty much the same thing every day.

Breakfast- Cup of Tea and some grapes
Lunch-Banana and yoghurt smoothie ie, Banana, Yoghurt and Milk
Dinner/Tea-Soup (Either 1/3 tin of veg soup or cup of soup) and Banana and Yoghurt Smoothie again!
Snack- Sugar free Jelly and some grapes.

Sounds pretty borring, but seems to be keeping me full.

Omg your so lucky... Mine is

Breakfast - pint of milk
Lunch - pint of milk
Snack- jelly
Dinner - pint of milk
Snack - jelly and a cup of oxo cube
Bedtime - pint of milk

nigelc said:
Omg your so lucky... Mine is

Breakfast - pint of milk
Lunch - pint of milk
Snack- jelly
Dinner - pint of milk
Snack - jelly and a cup of oxo cube
Bedtime - pint of milk
I'm allowed 2 pints of water as well

ohh girls i feel so sorry for you having to do your diets i feel lucky that i only have to follow a low fat diet the week before?? I guess my surgeon knows what he's doing :)

Does anyone know how soon before surgery do they do the pre-op checks? before my band surgery i had mrsa swabs taken so im sure they will do the same?

Cant beleive we are in August now, so not long to go am getting butterflies already lol

Back