• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August Club

My pre op diet daily allowance is:-
2 pints semi skimmed milk
2 x low fat yogurts
1 x oxo cube
Any amount of other fluids ie: tea, coffee, (with sweetener, and milk from 2 pint milk allowance) sugar free squash, water

that is all royal bournemouth allow you to have on the pre op diet sheet..

And yes lubilu I find that my throat is always dry no matter how much fluid I drink, will really be glad when this is over now, as I'm sure you will....

I think the pre op assessment varys from hospital to hospital misshell, but I had mine on the 20th July and my surgery date is the 9th August, so just under 3 weeks before. But I know some people who have their pre op 2 weeks before their op. Hope this helps xx

My op is on Tuesday and my pre op is tomorrow. Not much time. I suppose it depends on your hospital

My throat hasn't been sore just a horrible taste in my mouth x

I really sympathise 67jax!! I couldn't manage the 2 pints of milk a day so the dietician said I could have just 1 pint of milk and have an extra yogurt instead. so maybe they would let you do that also. Good luck with the diet though! xxx

Thank you, I'll have to ask the dietician if I can do the same. Pre op diet starts Mon 13th so still got just over a week to get all my favourites in but to be honest I just want to get on with it now.

67jax I hate milk too so I asked if I could use a milk substitute and my hospital said yes, I'm going with rice milk as it doesn't taste too bad. Also I'm allowed to drop down to 2 pints instead of 3 and have an extra yogurt.

Thanks for that, I will definitely have to ring up THG and ask if I can make a few changes as I think that much milk will make me puke!!

I couldn't even stomach a mouthful of milk....I've never ever liked it and I was so worred that they wouldn't let me use an alternative, but luckily they have done.....so roll on next Friday when I start my milk diet.

Had my pre op today. I was so worried that I hadn't lost any weight from my last appointment, turns out I had lost 8lb. Everything is good for Tuesday. So so happy

Glad your pre op assessment went well lubilu, and congrats on the weight loss. You are two days before me for surgery so I can just imagine you are pretty excited by now xx

Well done lubilu on your weight loss. Been thinking about you today xxx

Hi everyone. Had my August band today! Dr Sirgudssen at THG, Dolan Park. Great job done and no wind pain. Had 14ml band + 4ml fill done. Managed water, tea and cup of soup so really pleased. I didn't do milk Pre op, I did 1000 calories - shake am, low cal soup lunch & small piece of fish and green leafy veg for dinner, very low fat and no added carbs. Lost around 9lbs and my liver shrunk nicely too. Hope that helps if u r struggling with milk. Good luck in you run up to surgery. Tracey xxx

Hi Tracey so pleased for you that its all over and done with. How you feeling? Let your new life begin xxx

Well done Tracey, that's great that yours is done.
Thank you everyone. I can't tell you how excited I am. My husband came with me and although he didn't say, I think he was disappointment when I came out and said the surgery could go ahead. Bless him. Feel a bit guilty really, but obviously not that much, as I'm still going through with it!

LubiLu said:
Well done Tracey, that's great that yours is done.
Thank you everyone. I can't tell you how excited I am. My husband came with me and although he didn't say, I think he was disappointment when I came out and said the surgery could go ahead. Bless him. Feel a bit guilty really, but obviously not that much, as I'm still going through with it!

Hi Lubilu and good luck. Jacqui x

Congratulations Tracey!! Glad your op went well!! Now your weight loss journey can really get going!! Wishing you lots of luck xx

Will be going into hospital tomorrow for op on Tuesday. So depending on wifi, I might not get to post tomorrow night. I hope to able to let you all know how I am. Good Luck to everyone, no matter what stage.
I'll

Back