• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Best and worst bits about having had the sleeve!

Twothirdsamidwife

Reading this thread has pretty much made my mind up!!!!

LadyLumps

Sooooo useful. Thanks all who contributed.

Tules

I am now four months out and am really enjoying slimmer me. I look people struggling with their weight and wish that everyone has this chance. It is still early for me, the sleeve is doing the hard work. I am fearful of what the future will hold but I am determined not to go back. For the first time, I can feel fullness when I eat. Hope brain-stomach connection will carry on and I will get this fullness feeling forever. In the past, I had no feeling of fullness and can eat and eat...
I am enjoying walking out, without feeling judged... I hope this makes sense. I recommend this operation.

mrsb1

Hiya
When you guys were at hospital, were you tablets liquid or could you take tablets? Just wondered what to take for extra post op pain relief?

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

natclaire33)

I was on soluble meds in hospital, and again they sent me home with a months supply. some of the meds I was already on before surgery was told that they could be crushed and put into water, didn't bother with that, after the first six weeks i started taking the tablets as normal.

KayloDee

Such an incredibly useful thread. I have read this with tears in my eyes.

Thank you so much to all who contributed! Very interesting to see some overseas surgeries too - if my funding is refused then that's probably the route I'll take, somehow. :)

Tracey

I've just read every story on here
Very informative and a great help love the pros and cons....
I'm day 15 post-op and had a few questions answered
Thank you x
;)

NewHope

Hello, I know this is an old thread that has been revived a few times but thought I would comment as I've found it very helpful.

Are there any people who are several years out from a sleeve op?

I noticed while looking at the transformations bypass thread that several people who were a couple of years out were suffering from the 'medical repercussions' (not sure exactly what they are) of a bypass and I wonder if it is smiler story for sleeves?

Thanks in advance.

This is such a great thread. I know it started a long time ago but I am really grateful to everyone who shared their experiences.