• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BMI 62, can I not get gastric bypass in uk!!

No probs - I'm actually seeing him in the morning at 8.30!

Yeah you have to blow into this machine 3 times if I remember rightly. The physiotherapist did it at my pre op. The machine prints of a reading that goes to the surgeon or anaesthetist.

I really hope you get the answer you need tomorrow x

No way I really would ring him
Saw this morning and he was aware of inconsistent info being given

No way I really would ring him
Saw this morning and he was aware of inconsistent info being given

Lol he give me initial approx figure, i booked it all, now hes shocked at price. Gravely concerned now. Nurse rang me twice yesterday, both times signal was dreadful & i missed half call
Grrrrr

well guys finally some clarity. Mr Li confirmed with Claire at lunch that the Hdu was 950/1000 not 2k. Apparently new member of staff thought it was for emergency hdu, not pre booked.

So final paperwork will now be issued to me confirming price.

Re pre op, where is it? Nurse told me its not main building, but at side??

@JOHNG79 Really pleased you got clarification and can crack on with your diet without the added stress. Your pre med will be at the Riverside Suite which is approx. 300mts past the hospital, you can walk it to the building or just go into the hospital's main reception and they will call a golf buggy for you, I walked it down there as it was still daylight.

I parked at riverside

They book you in for 2 hours but I wasn't more than an hour. You see the bariatric nurse and physio - latter does some tests and an exercise timed thing. Then bloods and an ecg then dietician. Mine was very smooth with no hanging around.

All good here. Had my 6 week check early due to Christmas with mr Li and he was really pleased with my progress. I see bariatric nurse and physio on 22nd. There's a support group that meets monthly so starting that in January. Weight is coming off steadily and I can see the changes. I'm in the soft food phase now which is good. Can't get more than 500 cals on and around 45g protein but it is improving. Not long to go now John.

They book you in for 2 hours but I wasn't more than an hour. You see the bariatric nurse and physio - latter does some tests and an exercise timed thing. Then bloods and an ecg then dietician. Mine was very smooth with no hanging around.

All good here. Had my 6 week check early due to Christmas with mr Li and he was really pleased with my progress. I see bariatric nurse and physio on 22nd. There's a support group that meets monthly so starting that in January. Weight is coming off steadily and I can see the changes. I'm in the soft food phase now which is good. Can't get more than 500 cals on and around 45g protein but it is improving. Not long to go now John.
So what sort of food you on at min? How you getting on with fluids?

So glad you've finally got answers :)

No don't be daft :) if you can't vent here where can you?

@JOHNG79 Really pleased you got clarification and can crack on with your diet without the added stress. Your pre med will be at the Riverside Suite which is approx. 300mts past the hospital, you can walk it to the building or just go into the hospital's main reception and they will call a golf buggy for you, I walked it down there as it was still daylight.

Hows post surgery recovery & diet going?

Hi everyone hope all is ok.
So I'm one week post op and everything is going great. I am really surprised that i've have no pain whatsoever apart from the trapped wind discomfort in the few days following the op, my incision sites have started to itch which I guess is a sign of healing. I'm still struggling trying to reach the 2000ml fluid intake. I tried a couple of very high protein shakes (30g per 300ml bottle) but not sure they agree with me as I get a dull tummy ache so i'm going back to slimfast. I weighed myself today on my new super duper analyser scales that I bought at the start of my pre op diet and i've lost 2st 11lb since 21st Nov :wee::bunnydance::stickdance::woohoo:. My start weight on 21st Nov was 24st 4lbs. today I am 21st 7.1lb. :):). Onwards and upwards, here I come 34'' waist jeans :D.

Hi everyone hope all is ok.
So I'm one week post op and everything is going great. I am really surprised that i've have no pain whatsoever apart from the trapped wind discomfort in the few days following the op, my incision sites have started to itch which I guess is a sign of healing. I'm still struggling trying to reach the 2000ml fluid intake. I tried a couple of very high protein shakes (30g per 300ml bottle) but not sure they agree with me as I get a dull tummy ache so i'm going back to slimfast. I weighed myself today on my new super duper analyser scales that I bought at the start of my pre op diet and i've lost 2st 11lb since 21st Nov :wee::bunnydance::stickdance::woohoo:. My start weight on 21st Nov was 24st 4lbs. today I am 21st 7.1lb. :):). Onwards and upwards, here I come 34'' waist jeans :D.
So is that your only nutrition source at min eg slimfast shakes? How many a day would you have?

Back