• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass

CHUCKY

hi all have many of yoy post bypassers had hair thinning/loss?

myhair is thin anyway and i am bit worried about losing anymore?

Does selenium work and should i take it straight away b4 loss takes hold?

If so does anyone know what strenghth to take its so confusing.

thankyou all so much in advance

love julie x:)

No t yet, but met a lady 6 months post op in the hospital - she's just had her gall bladder removed. She said she began to lose her hair because she didn't have her daily vitamins. She started and has continued. Her hair looked fine, and in fact she looked great! She'd lost 6 stone! x x

I seems to be loosing more hair at the mo but I am taking my vits and everything I was told it should slow down

At the hospital I was told that hair loss is not inevitable but usually happens! The doc said that it's an 'allover thing' and not patchy and you won't need a wig! It happens a few months after the op and is caused by the op (anaesthetic and the healing process) not lack of vitamins. He said it's nothing to worry about and the hair grows back quickly. On another site it was recommended that if you have fine hair to have it cut in a choppy style that maximises volume. Bit scary if your hair is long! I think it's something we have to accept knowing that it's just temporary. Someone on this site recommeded zinc so I'll probably try that. Zxx

I have been told that the hair loss is due to the rapid weight loss, not a lack of vits. I would also think that the general doesn't help. Can start anything up to 9 months post op - usually grows back though...

Back