• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can anybody recommend a bypass friendly detox?

rosejohnson

Home from the USA :-(
As the title says, I am looking for a detox type plan to try.

I have had a weightloss stall (6 months since surgery, 6 stone lost), and I am feeling really crabby.

Lack of energy is making me lazy with the food, which is making me eat quick convenience food, which doesn't give me energy... round and round in circles we go. My skin is spotty and my hair is greasy.

Today I had no breakfast, and macaroni cheese for lunch with the children (didn't have any garlic bread), and I have made some vegetable curry for tea later (no rice).

But I feel like a detox would help. I have been looking for a gillian mckeith type diet (being vege I thought it would be good), but I wondered is there a particular plan or can anybody recommend a detox type plan that is bypass friendly?

Thanks

Rxx

Hi R

The term 'detox' is a bit of a fauxpas really as are bodies are really designed to detox us, and nothing does it better than your own body, from the food we eat to the air we breath we are set up to filter and clean out everything and any waste or unwanted products come out the back ;-)

But i do know what you mean about eating crap and feeling crappy, i'd suggest going back to basic foods for a while, whole wheats, protein, veg and salads, drink lots of water and avoid anything processed like ready meals etc.
I have a friend that swears by colonic hydropherapy and says it makes her feel great inside, though i've as yet not plucked up the courage to have a tube shoved when tubes aren't meant to be shoved ;-)

haha, I was just thinking about that, and wondering how I raise it with one of my friends as I don't think i can do it on my own!!

Rx

haha, I was just thinking about that, and wondering how I raise it with one of my friends as I don't think i can do it on my own!!

Rx

Do a search on you tube and you can watch how its done.......:eek: the thing they stick up your bum is BIG :eek: and scary looking, then they pump water up you and a woman massages your lower abdominal area squeezing sh*t out :eek:......... and worse thing is you have to pay for this kind of torture :8855:

hmmm, where in the country are you? I think you should come with me!!

Lol - no chance, hell would have to freeze over before i let any one stick anything up my bum :8855:
Besides that i'm in London at the moment, so far to far from you ;).......nice try though :D

Lol - no chance, hell would have to freeze over before i let any one stick anything up my bum :8855:
Besides that i'm in London at the moment, so far to far from you ;).......nice try though :D

Now that's something I would pay money to see :p:p

I've had colonic irrigation done once. I am tempted to go again before my op in March. It was uncomfortable, I can't deny that, but I felt fantastic the next day! The amount of junk which came out was amazing, really black and nasty looking.

£300?? You could book a course of 5 for that price - and I'd want photo's!

£300?? You could book a course of 5 for that price - and I'd want photo's!

I'm no expert, but i doubt they'd allow photos, so you'd have to just take my word for it....... Besides that you'd have to pay the photographer, and if it were me and knowing the foul smells that come out of my bum i'd want a horendous amount of money to take photos :8855:

How do you know you can have a course of 5 for £300 - have you been looking into this yourself lol - i recon you should have a go and report back ! :8855:

I wouldn't mind having it done! :D

Might be a good way to lose those extra pounds before I next see Mr Sufi :8855:

I have a strong negative opinion about colocnics, or colon hydrotherapy. I don't think it is a medically proven procedure and has far too many risks involved. Here is an article from Johns Hopkins in America warning against the use of colonics. That said I too have heard people swear by them and say they feel so heathy after one.

As for a detox, it really sounds like you need to look at what you are eating every day. You may be eating too few calories and your health is suffering. Perhaps you should have your bloods done to see if you are balanced in your vitamins & minerals. Many deficiencies (vit & mineral) will cause fatigue & skin/hair problems. Also not maintaining enough protein in your diet (skipping meals!) and not enough fluids (min 2L per day) will cause all kinds of problems. I would look in that direction first if I were you to see if you can't clean-up your daily diet and supplements before thinking of anything drastic.

Nic;)

I have a strong negative opinion about colocnics, or colon hydrotherapy. I don't think it is a medically proven procedure and has far too many risks involved. Here is an article from Johns Hopkins in America warning against the use of colonics. That said I too have heard people swear by them and say they feel so heathy after one.

Totally agree with Nic - having anything metal or plastic rammed up your bottom (especially for a man) cant be a good thing (unless your into that sort of thing of course) .......its making my bum twitch just thinking about it. :8855:

Ive had a colonic twice! I have to be honest and felt no different after it. The thing they put up you is TINY and during it it doesnt hurt etc...just a little odd feeling.
Mine was £60 a go and worth it for KNOWING you have been cleaned out, but for the radical feeling of clean after....twas a no-no for me. Would have it again though.

As for getting back on track, you could always try the 5 day pouch test. Google it and have a read x

Ive had a colonic twice! I have to be honest and felt no different after it. The thing they put up you is TINY and during it it doesnt hurt etc...just a little odd feeling.
Mine was £60 a go and worth it for KNOWING you have been cleaned out, but for the radical feeling of clean after....twas a no-no for me. Would have it again though.

As for getting back on track, you could always try the 5 day pouch test. Google it and have a read x

Thanks Sal - though despite what you have said i think i'll pass this one up ! :D

Rose - i'm more than happy to come and hold your hand :8855:

Back