• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can't believe this is really gonna happen!

67jax

12 days to go and I can't believe it, I've been talking about it for years and a few weeks ago something just snapped inside and I realised I just can't be fat any longer. I'm really lucky that they have fitted me in so soon, infact I could have had it done this Sunday 19th but that didn't fit in as well with work so 28th it is. I just want to get some confidence back. Sometimes I feel like such a failure!!

Don't feel like a failure, the way I see it is we are taking control of a situation that we let get out of hand, much like a smoker who manages to quit.
Our WLS is a tool to help us lose weight, just like smokers use patches or gum.
Well done for taking control!
And lots of luck for the 28th.
Em xxxxx

Exactly what Em said. You are taking control of your future, you're being strong and proactive, not a failure in the slightest :) x

Evenstarr said:
Don't feel like a failure, the way I see it is we are taking control of a situation that we let get out of hand, much like a smoker who manages to quit.
Our WLS is a tool to help us lose weight, just like smokers use patches or gum.
Well done for taking control!
And lots of luck for the 28th.
Em xxxxx

When's ur op Evenstarr?

Well done 67jax for making the decision to change your life. I was given the opportunity when the surgery first came out and I refused :cry: wish I had as I would have saved myself a lot of trouble. I've made that decision now and can't wait. :D

Nigelc it's on the 20th....next Monday!
And I'm like a 5 year old waiting for Christmas! :)
Em xxx

Evenstarr said:
Nigelc it's on the 20th....next Monday!
And I'm like a 5 year old waiting for Christmas! :)
Em xxx

I can imagine, mine was meant to be on the 10th aug and i was excited as hell, but they changed it to sept 4th as I need to be on the milk diet for 4 weeks for the bypass, I was so disappointed but excited now i have a new date. Mind you waiting for the new date was horrible as I just want to get it over and done.

I'm so excited for u... I'll be checking on here for ur progress.

Yours is only just over 2 weeks after mine so not long at all!
Em xx

It will be here before we know it. How's the diet going? I'm doing good but doing 1000 cal one. Well probs 800-900. Not been told to low carb! Emailed what I was eating to coordinator and she said looked fine. Will see what. I lose this week and if not enough will VLCD next week x x

I keep having moments os panic now!

Keep in touch x

It will be here before we know it. How's the diet going? I'm doing good but doing 1000 cal one. Well probs 800-900. Not been told to low carb! Emailed what I was eating to coordinator and she said looked fine. Will see what. I lose this week and if not enough will VLCD next week x x

I keep having moments os panic now!

Keep in touch x
Hi - I did 1000 cal diet, high protein and lowered the carbs and all was good; surgeon commented post op that liver had shrunk nicely. A lady who had band same day as me was in on a cancellation so hadn't dieted at all but she said they were not concerned as her BMI was 39, so she had just done milk diet for 2 days! I wanted to give myself the best outcome possible so I dieted but couldnt stomach the milk and yoghurt version. I lost 9lbs in 2 weeks if that helps. Tracey xxx

Just wondering if anybody had to be signed off work? If so, for how long? I am waiting for funding but work like to be kept informed!

I'm just kinda making it up as I go along, but a combination of Slimfast, low fat yoghurts, oxo cubes and left over Lighterlife. I seem to be losing weight so hope it will be ok.
Might add sugar free jelly as well as a lot of people seem to mention that.

I feel like you, having thought about it for so long, talked about it and been looking into it for over 7 years, and now its all happened so quickly, from the consultation on 10th July, to the op in a weeks time, to think that this time next week, I will (I hope) be out of surgery. I turn 40 next month and people say life begins at 40, I hope that mine is going to begin with this change.

I have to say tho, when you see the weight coming off, it is a huge motivator, I did a low calorie diet for a week but went all over the place, lost 5lb, but have lost 9lb this week on my milk diet, so am down a stone already, it is amazing how things can go when you have a goal, and a motivating factor. For me, that is £7 1/2k as well as my weight loss goals lol

Keep going 67jax, we're here with you!

Back