• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can't believe this is really gonna happen!

Good luck to all of you, I'm hoping mine will be this year

top_kat said:
I feel like you, having thought about it for so long, talked about it and been looking into it for over 7 years, and now its all happened so quickly, from the consultation on 10th July, to the op in a weeks time, to think that this time next week, I will (I hope) be out of surgery. I turn 40 next month and people say life begins at 40, I hope that mine is going to begin with this change.

I have to say tho, when you see the weight coming off, it is a huge motivator, I did a low calorie diet for a week but went all over the place, lost 5lb, but have lost 9lb this week on my milk diet, so am down a stone already, it is amazing how things can go when you have a goal, and a motivating factor. For me, that is £7 1/2k as well as my weight loss goals lol

Keep going 67jax, we're here with you!

Yes mines been fairly quick, only a month between deciding to have it done and the op date. The money I've paid is a big motivator for me. Hubby is so amazing, he has watched me shell out so much money over the years....Lighter Life, Slimming World, Weight Watchers, Cambridge, Paul McKenna, NLP, Hypnosis, cabbage soup diet, Atkins, Dukan............ Omg so many!! But he has never complained and here I am spending more........this has to work!!

Yes mines been fairly quick, only a month between deciding to have it done and the op date. The money I've paid is a big motivator for me. Hubby is so amazing, he has watched me shell out so much money over the years....Lighter Life, Slimming World, Weight Watchers, Cambridge, Paul McKenna, NLP, Hypnosis, cabbage soup diet, Atkins, Dukan............ Omg so many!! But he has never complained and here I am spending more........this has to work!!

I first thought about it 2 weeks ago today! and am in on 28th August!!! Quick is better for me less time to think about it

As for your hubby and all the diets I'm exactly the same x x

Know how you feel. It will work coz you are determined. Like you I've done every diet known to man but my sleeve has revolutionised my weight loss. It is totally different from what I've done in the past. The approach to eating is completely different to what I've ever done too. Listen sometimes it's still hard work but 7 1/2 stones loss in just over 5 months & walking 3 miles with no pain is beyond my wildest dreams. Good luck with your op & future weight loss.

Had an emotional 10 mins tonight. Daughter is home, cooked her and dad a Spag Bol, they ate a whole garlic bread between them the she gets a massive bar of chic out of fridge and they start munching their way through it. Was really cross so took myself upstairs, cried for 5 mins and then decided to have a bath! Feel much better now.....it's not their fault, they are not on a diet but it just felt like they were being inconsiderate!!

Choc not chic!! Anyone else got emotional on pre op diet?

Like you I'm trying very hard to lose my 5% before my op which is way off in October (10 weeks). I've joined a gym, got a personal trainer for 6 weeks, doing Asda "Measure Up" and <1000kcals a day. Waiting for ketosis to kick in. Feeling tired and achey and yes, I get emotional and a bit frightened at making such a big change. I live alone, all my family are scattered miles away. Even my SO is 60 miles away, so I can only turn to my local support group or here.

I'm seeing food everywhere in the street, on TV, people eating all day at work. The neighbours had a BBQ last weekend in the sunshine - the smell ...oh dear.

Stick with it. We're going to make it SO worth it! ;)

I'm right here with you. I'm struggling big time, doing 1000 cals a day and don't really think my weight is shifting quick enough! I was told to lose 5-6 pound but probably gained another 4 before I started. I think I am about 1 -2 pound under consultation weight.

Hubby works away and has been away 5 weeks, he is home tomorrow! We are going for a meal tomorrow night but I'm gonna have a chicken salad. I've been including sshakes in diet plan and come wednesday with 6 days remaining before op I'm gonna do VLCD so hopefully will hit target and shrink liver, and get used to liquids only.

To be honest my pre op diet was never made to be that important by THG never told me to low carb just drop a few pounds.

You are doing great a lot better than me x x

Weighed in this morning and have lost 9lbs over the last week so really pleased. Another week to go so should lose a few more hopefully. I did struggle with it today but hey I guess I got through it.

Wobbly71 said:
I'm right here with you. I'm struggling big time, doing 1000 cals a day and don't really think my weight is shifting quick enough! I was told to lose 5-6 pound but probably gained another 4 before I started. I think I am about 1 -2 pound under consultation weight.

Hubby works away and has been away 5 weeks, he is home tomorrow! We are going for a meal tomorrow night but I'm gonna have a chicken salad. I've been including sshakes in diet plan and come wednesday with 6 days remaining before op I'm gonna do VLCD so hopefully will hit target and shrink liver, and get used to liquids only.

To be honest my pre op diet was never made to be that important by THG never told me to low carb just drop a few pounds.

You are doing great a lot better than me x x

You will be fine, I didn't get the impression from THG that they were really that bothered! A six day VLCD will be more than enough I got 8lbs off in that time.
Guess it depends on starting weight. I started at 15.8 and was 14.13 this morning. Hoping to never be 15 anything ever again!!

Wobbly71 said:
Well done you are gonna fade away by xmas x x

God I hope so..........are you travelling on the day? We're gonna have to leave about 3.30am if I have to be in at 7! They did say to me that I may be one of the last ones down as I have no Comorbidities so kinda hoping I can get there a bit later

Same here, they said I could be later as healthwise all ok. I think I'll be getting picked up about 3.30 am as well. I've got the pick up service so will see what time they say they coming.

Where you travelling from? I got an email today as well with 1st band fill appointment at newcastle on 1st october x

Wobbly71 said:
Same here, they said I could be later as healthwise all ok. I think I'll be getting picked up about 3.30 am as well. I've got the pick up service so will see what time they say they coming.

Where you travelling from? I got an email today as well with 1st band fill appointment at newcastle on 1st october x

Travelling from Lincolnshire. Where are you coming from? Out of interest how expensive was the transport? How exciting to have a fill app already.

BTW my name is Jacqui, I hope we get to meet on the day, especially if we're the last two down!!

I'm travelling from north, near durham. It was 200 for the transport in total so not too bad I don't think. To be honest if hubby took me we prob wudda gone on the monday so 2 nights hotel plus petrol. And I'm nervous enough without him there better alone I think.

I'm on my mobile at the minute but will message you my mobile number and we can catch up next tuesday. Can't believe its happening! Speak soon x

Day 9 of pre op diet and feeling a bit low today!! Feel week from lack of food and bloated from lack of no 2 (sorry if TMI)
Bleeeeeeeeggggghhhhhhhhh!!

Back