• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

daily exercise thread

robina

2.7 miles run in 37 minutes 5 seconds

robina

2.65 miles run in 38 minutes 15 seconds

Ice cold

Fantastic! I so want to build up my running it seems an impossible dream to run a whole mile without stopping you are really inspirational!

Today for me: 7K bike ride (5 at level 4 when I could only do 1 on level 3 at most to begin with) plus hour dog walk hoping for another chance on the bike later

robina

Hun a year and a half ago i couldnt walk the length of a room with my stick without being in extreme pain

The key to better running is more slow miles. Yes it sucks being over taken by a running penshioner but they are used to it. If u cant talk short sentences when running without gasping then ur going too fast.

Im up to 37 miles for august, september ill shoot for around 45 miles. Gotta build up slow
Theres a blog and Facebook page called fat girl running that can be a good read

Oh and get good shoes. Get fitted at a running store, really helps avoid injury

Ice cold

Ahh thanks for the tips, part of the problem is I tore all the ligaments in my ankle slamming it down a pot hole in April... I run in short bursts (maybe a minute at a time?) and can walk for miles, I will look up the website...I'm setting myself a goal to run a 5k in 2016!! Even if it takes all year to get there. It sounds like you have had an incredible journey :) xx

robina

Ow ow ow, geez that must have been so painful

Congrats on the bike improvements, i cant do bikes at all not even the stationary at the gym, feels like my feet are trying to snap in two

weegie

Hun a year and a half ago i couldnt walk the length of a room with my stick without being in extreme pain The key to better running is more slow miles. Yes it sucks being over taken by a running penshioner but they are used to it. If u cant talk short sentences when running without gasping then ur going too fast. Im up to 37 miles for august, september ill shoot for around 45 miles. Gotta build up slow Theres a blog and Facebook page called fat girl running that can be a good read Oh and get good shoes. Get fitted at a running store, really helps avoid injury

You are a real inspiration Robina. I have only just started using a stick due to me needing a hip replacement but once I am past that op In October and back on my feet I hope to be that pensioner bringing up the rear .. Only I don't get a pension yet lol.

I think you have a great approach to exercise, building up slowly etc. i already have good shoes thanks to being fitted a few years back.. I never wore them out but I did need small lifts in them which explained why previous ones were always uncomfortable, and I had to get a men's trainer because of the lego bricks I have for feet. :)

I am not sure if I will ever get to the running stage but it wont be for lack of trying.

Hugx

Ice cold

10k bike ride wooo hooo
3k on level 4
2k on level 5
2k on level 3
final 3 shared between 3 and 4 ...

Did about 30 seconds on level 14 just to see...OUCH!!!!

robina

10k is fabulous. Level 14 sounds like torture lol

robina

You are a real inspiration Robina. I have only just started using a stick due to me needing a hip replacement but once I am past that op In October and back on my feet I hope to be that pensioner bringing up the rear .. Only I don't get a pension yet lol.

I think you have a great approach to exercise, building up slowly etc. i already have good shoes thanks to being fitted a few years back.. I never wore them out but I did need small lifts in them which explained why previous ones were always uncomfortable, and I had to get a men's trainer because of the lego bricks I have for feet. :)

I am not sure if I will ever get to the running stage but it wont be for lack of trying.

Hugx

Bless you, i hope the hip replacement does the trick.

I wear mens shoes too as i need a wide toe box

robina

3 miles run in 42 minutes 39 seconds

Last edited:

robina

ForumRunner_20150830_123744.jpg

ForumRunner_20150830_123809.jpg

ForumRunner_20150830_123839.jpg

Some pics from where i run on sundays

Ice cold

Fantastic! You must feel so pleased with how your running is progressing..looks like you have some great places to run, nicer than just around the streets.

For me today 6k bike ride 5k on level 5 and last one on 4 and 3...

robina

Fantastic! You must feel so pleased with how your running is progressing..looks like you have some great places to run, nicer than just around the streets.

For me today 6k bike ride 5k on level 5 and last one on 4 and 3...

i hate running in the streets because the peanut gallery are rude
but even at the lake i get comments and was heckled today

they have those pedal carts available for hire and on the last stretch one was coming towards us. the woman was sat doing nothing while her husband did all the pedalling and the kids bounced in thier seats. she had looked me up and down, laughed and then sneered before loudly saying "this is the best way to get around the lake, i dont have time for stupid running" i shouted back at her " thats nice, i do!"

Ice cold

she had looked me up and down, laughed and then sneered before loudly saying "this is the best way to get around the lake, i dont have time for stupid running" i shouted back at her " thats nice, i do!"

Horrible woman!! Well done you for saying something at the time... Obviously a VERY lazy person to be happy for her husband to pedal her about like a child ;)

robina

Horrible woman!! Well done you for saying something at the time... Obviously a VERY lazy person to be happy for her husband to pedal her about like a child ;)

i just dispare sometimes. what is she teaching her kids? that its ok to make fun of others to make yourself feel good?

that making an effort physically is unnecessary and should be mocked?

my daughter is very aware of the correlation between food, exercise and body weight

she knows that over indulging leads to excess body weight and that foods like pizza, ice cream, sweets etc should make up a small portion of your daily diet, that the rest should be filled with meats, fruit, veggies and starches

Ice cold

You're right it is so sad that this is the message she is giving out, people who try to make themselves look good by putting others down usually end up looking like idiots, but education about food and eating habits is so important if we are going to stop our kids having the problems we have now. Exercise and effort should be rewarded not insulted

robina

2 miles run in 25 minutes 55 seconds

robina

2 mile walk