• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 1!

Hi how are u feeling now??? I was in agony all
Night and this morning was awful cos of the wind in my chest, have u had that?? They kicked me out at 7 how about u?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I left at 7 too, but I knew that was what time we had to leave from reading post before. The 4 small incissions seem to be healing well. 2 large ones more sore and painful when getting up and down. I am struggling to eat much as I feel really full and nauseus - I do feel for you... the wind is uncomfortable, but I dont think I have it as bad as you seem to have. What have you drunk/eaten today?

Had 2 spoonfuls of soup and a glass of milk but itsmaking more wind that wontcome up so it's scaring me hope ur ok x

Poor you. Keep your chin up, I am sure it will get better. I do have it but its not too painful at the moment. I am not feeling like eating/drinking anything so I am forcing myself to have half a slimfast at the moment. A few weeks ago I would have been starving and had two breakfasts by now ... so I am trying to think positive rather than negative. Do you know what size band you had and the fill?
Try to smile :)

I'm not sure what size but I think it was 1ml or whatever u call it lol, I'm glad my moms been at home she's been great and I've got work tomorrow lol x

It's so good to be able to read about everyone else's experiences! Kind of preparing myself for Saturday by reading as many posts as possible :0). Hope you're both doing well? Emzie did all of your travel arrangements go to plan? I hope you're BF is being a little more understanding now you've had it done. Take care chicks xxx

Ive been thinking about staying at my parents as my hubby cant get time off work to keep me company in the 1st few days. You're back at work straight away? Take it easy or you could end up hurting yourself xxx

My bf took me and picked me up and was all gd but u def need some help! Take some windeze or rennie deflation or whatever it's called lol
U may not have wind in ur chest as bad as me but I wasn't given anything in hospital to help it and was in agony so b prepared! Feel much better today tho x

Glad you are getting some support emma. I thought I was being ambitious wanting to go back to work on wednesday ... Even though my husband thinks I should take longer off. He isn't the one bored watching daytime tv lol. Take it easy though! mine was a large band with 1.5mils x

Hi mine was a small band with 1 ml just found it on my paperwork. I'm so
Scared of drinking tho cos I feel like I've got mega indigestion do u get that?? I've only been taking 2 tiny sips of water every now and again but I'm so thirsty :(

I'm not thirsty or hungry really. Forcing myself to have around 5-600 calories. My belly is bloating cos I havent been to the loo :( :( Not got indigestion though, thank goodness - it sounds horrible for you. How are your dressings? Four of my scars look like they will disappear to nothing, but the two bigger ones are still swollen and sore. Did you go back to work today? I was supposed to go tomorrow but I am going to take an extra day holiday and going back Thursday now

Hi, the small ones look gr8 the 2 bigger ones don't look as bad as I thought to b honest! I got to work today but only did half a day I felt quite rough this morning but this afternoon I feel great got an easy work week now tho so when I've got no customers in I will b sitting down lool I had to do hilights this morning and it almost finished me off! Which nurses did u c I saw Steve mostly b4 surgery the blonde one wasn't too pleasant x

Steve was great. Everyone as to be honest. Are you managing to drink mote now? I as really worried about you. If you are not able to drink you need to call the hospital in case they put too much restriction in band. I am off to costa coffee today and I deffo will not be tempted by a triple choc muffin ... Yeh :)

Hi yes I can drinkna bit more now thank god ! My mom is still trying to stop me going to Greece a week
Monday tho but I did say if I don't feel 100% then I won't b going x

you are as bad as me ... i am flying to edinburgh next week for work and then USA for hols in a few weeks time. Mr Super said it should be ok to fly with the band, but I am going to double check the USA flight will be ok as its scheduled for 3 days after my first fill is planned. when are you booked for your fill?

Well I think middle of august on a tuesday but at droitwich spa so I've got to ring them and try and change it to another day and c y it isn't at Dolan park, where and when's yours ?

Mines on 30 August at 12.45, Droitwich Spa Hospital. How is your weight going? Have you weighed yourself this week yet? I have only because I am so bloated ...

No haven't weighed myself yet probs do it Saturday I'm looking forward to the soft food diet tho! Hope ur first day at work goes well, all the best x

Hi emma, how are you getting on a week down the line ...?

Hi I'm doing much better thx work has been rough going lol
N I'm very tired and week but I think the anasthetic has affected my contraceptive implant cos I don't have periods and for some reason I have! And I'm constipated to high heaven but last night I had a tiny bit of mash mushy peas and gravy and made it mega mushy and it worked and I feel better lol! How are u ???

Back