• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 1!

The shock of surgery can bring on a period its very common apparently. I'm same as you dont have them but boy did I when I woke from surgery and it lasted 2 weeks. Today it has come back again!

Hope you are ok and see the benefits really soon xx

Best of luck to you Emma. Keep up the good work? Hope your bf better now with you? Mine doesn't seem interested I'm having bypass 24 august but your mum sounds like she's been helpin so that's great keep in touch luv kaz x

hi emma. i am exactly the same too - periods and constapation. didnt dare have anything other than liquids tho - maybe i will try your remedy! my mouth is horrible and furry and my breath is awful - that may sort out that too ?! x

Mine has got better actually, I just made sure it was mega runny lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Michelle how you getting on do u feel
More hungry now the swellings going down??

Wow me too My swelling is still there but at least I can bend over now LOL. I cannot paint my toenails yet tho :( the downside of surgery, eh? I have been hungry today - so eating more. Still liquid though. I tried mashed carrots, swede, mushy peas and potato in gravy (really liquidy) this evening and it tasted like heaven as well as making me feel full. I really think my body is ready to move to proper pureed food but will wait till Friday. I am at a conference in Edinburgh on Wednesday evening/Thursday and felt a bit strange asking for soup and icecream as my special dietary requirement ... any suggestions for dinner tomorrow, please??

Lool well I've been havin mashed veg mushy peas and mash with gravy but really runny lool and I feel fine but I can't cope on liquids myself so I don't no what to suggest lool o I also had half a slice of corned beef with mash veg n gravy and was soo yummy but def stick to what ur doing atleast u no ur doing it right lol don't listen to me lool xxx

Done my one hour flight to edinburgh and feel absolutely fine. Are you still going on holiday on Monday emma

Hi yes will b off 2 Greece Monday can't wait!! My mom
Didn't want me to go but I'm a lot better now so shes not as worried x how's everything???

Here's wishing you a fab time, you are lucky soooo lucky to be getting away to some sun and relaxation. What is the food like over there for puree stage? Are you taking anything with you? I am so sad - been dreaming of cauliflower and cheese sauce. I miss my vegetables. Over past two days at conference I have eaten so much icecream I think I have been put off it for life!! Roll on tomorrow ...

Have a great holiday :)

Hi welcome back. How was your holiday? How did you get on food-wise? I am ok thanks. So pleased to have lost 26lbs in total over the past 7 weeks. How are you getting on? Ready for my band fill tho as I have been feeling more and more hungry. Having said that, I went out for a meal tonight and was munching away on a chicken caesar salad and all of a sudden could each no more ... I have never felt that before. I struggle to leave food on a plate normally.

Hiya I've lost a stone and a half and considering I've been in Greece for 2 weeks I'm pretty chuffed with it lool
And I no what u mean I feel myself getting more hungry but then can't eat no more and we haven't got any restriction yet either xxx well done Michelle xxx

That is really fantastic Emma. 1 1/2 stones and being on holiday...just think what you may have been like before this surgery. I know personally I could easily have put on half a stone in two weeks. Have you got a date for your fill yet?

Hiya, I have been reading this. This is amazing! I get my band on Tuesday & it is so exciting reading ur stories. That is so impressive going away and losing so much weight. Well done both of you, have u any advice for me for op/recovery? I think I may enter panic stage soon. I keep verging on it but have not quite full on tipped in yet!

flutterby1966 said:
Sorry to have missed speaking to you face to face. Mr Super found a hiatus hernia too and repaired it at the same time so wasnt feeling too hot yesterday. How are you feeling? When did you leave? I understand what you mean about the pants - i was scared to sit down in case they split!!

Hello .... I have my op with mr super on the 6 th September ... Feeling really nervous and excited now.... What's he like?? Been on diet 4 week now with 1 and a half to go!! X

Hello .... I have my op with mr super on the 6 th September ... Feeling really nervous and excited now.... What's he like?? Been on diet 4 week now with 1 and a half to go!! X

Mr Super was lovely. Talks quickly when he sees you before and after the op when he goes round the ward to see all his patients - so be prepared with any questions you may have. Nurses at Dolan Park were great too (although you may be with a different provider?). i only got nervous on the day to be honest, as I was really excited to be getting things sorted. Time passed really quickly while I was at the hospital. My eyesight after the op was shocking for about 4 days - but I think that was down to the general anaesthetic. I didn't suffer from the shoulder pain that many people do, which I am thankful for - but if you do, peppermint cordial is good for it.

Anyway, how are coping on with your pre-op diet? Which one are you doing?

Hiya, I have been reading this. This is amazing! I get my band on Tuesday & it is so exciting reading ur stories. That is so impressive going away and losing so much weight. Well done both of you, have u any advice for me for op/recovery? I think I may enter panic stage soon. I keep verging on it but have not quite full on tipped in yet!

Kelly best of luck on Tuesday. I am excited for you :)

Where are you having your op? Not much to say about the op really. Its pretty quick - about 20 minutes normally. I had 6 small incisions (1/2 more than normal because I had a hernia repaired at the same time) which were glued - which made them look worse than they were. Can hardly even see 2 of them now 6 weeks after the op.

Are you panicking about anything in particular?

I am at spires Murrayfield In Liverpool. I think it's the fear of the unknown. I am dreading the walk to theatre. So far, I'm calm & thanks for your reply, you have put me at ease. How long were you under anaesthetic? Did it take a while to come round? Also, when is it good to return to exercise? I am thinking of cancelling my gym membership for next month as don't know if I will get use out of it? I normally do Zumba? You can opt out for a month, so I could save some money. However, if I could go back after a couple of weeks I'd still get my moneys worth! You are doing fab with your weight loss. I got weighed this morning. I have lost 13lbs since last Monday on the pre op. Good start! 5 sleeps left, eeeek! x

I am at spires Murrayfield In Liverpool. I think it's the fear of the unknown. I am dreading the walk to theatre. So far, I'm calm & thanks for your reply, you have put me at ease. How long were you under anaesthetic? Did it take a while to come round? Also, when is it good to return to exercise? I am thinking of cancelling my gym membership for next month as don't know if I will get use out of it? I normally do Zumba? You can opt out for a month, so I could save some money. However, if I could go back after a couple of weeks I'd still get my moneys worth! You are doing fab with your weight loss. I got weighed this morning. I have lost 13lbs since last Monday on the pre op. Good start! 5 sleeps left, eeeek! x

fantastic weight loss...that is a great start to getting your body used to eating less as well as shrinking the liver (i was amazed when i was on my pre-op diet how I stop feeling hungry). I cannot remember how long it took to come round. Re exercise, I would read comments on this forum from other people, but i would personally advise to cancel the membership for a month as I think something like zumba a couple of weeks after the op would not be the best thing for your body while its recovering.

Back