• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you wear pants for surgery??

Joffy,

I think it would go perfectly with the new nightie that you've bought for your hospital bag!!

Tatiana

:)Hi i have just had my bypass on wednesday and all we wore was a gown !!!!

i went into theatre with my pants on but came out with them in a bag..................i was a bit too dazed to care :D:D:D

I was provided with a Patient's Modesty Wrap and matching pants. Girls got pants and men got trousers. Bit like a big jacket that fastened in the front with a belt and velcro. Looked remarkably like a yucky green karate suit. Mine was so big that I looked exactly like dopey in Snow White. Never felt like such a divvy - after all it was obviously for a tall person and I am only 5 foot - I bet they had a fit of giggles when they saw me :D

I have a feeling my op will be done 'commando' as I read somewhere in all the bits of paper they gave me at Derby that I'll wake up with a catheter! But will let you know after the event :)

I have a feeling my op will be done 'commando' as I read somewhere in all the bits of paper they gave me at Derby that I'll wake up with a catheter! But will let you know after the event :)

Me too Kath ... never mind we are all on a production line & when you have seen one, you have seen them all .. can't turn into a prude at this late stage, lol xxx :D

Kath did they say a catheter or a drain?
I had a drain coming out of the side of my abdomen but I don't understand why there would be a need for a catheter as they're not going anywhere near the waterworks.:confused: could be one and the same thing i suppose

I asked and it's no catheter for me next tue? As for the pants?!! leave it up to them lol :D

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I was told they use cathaters so that the nurses can monitor your hydration levels and so that your not in pain getting up for the loo in the first 24 hrs

Like Joffy i went in with my grundies on and came out with them in a bag! I had a catheter in but it was removed whilst i was in recovery.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Me too Kath ... never mind we are all on a production line & when you have seen one, you have seen them all .. can't turn into a prude at this late stage, lol xxx :D

Iwent in with paper ones on and wasnt going in without any as the Surgeon who operated on me works as part of the colorectal team that I am a secretary for and my feeling was that although when you have seen one you have seen them all - he hadn't seen mine and I was keeping it that way! :8855:

I was told they use cathaters so that the nurses can monitor your hydration levels and so that your not in pain getting up for the loo in the first 24 hrs

I didn't have a catheter, but did have a drain - everyone has a drain. It is not a nice feeling when it come out as there is about 12inchs worth of it inside you. :eek: I was told that it is there to make sure that the fluid you are drinking isn't going where it shouldn't. xx

I didn't have a catheter, but did have a drain - everyone has a drain. It is not a nice feeling when it come out as there is about 12inchs worth of it inside you. :eek: I was told that it is there to make sure that the fluid you are drinking isn't going where it shouldn't. xx

I didn't have a drain or catheter. I did however go in with my own knickers and proud to say they stayed in place :eek::D

My surgeon has all his patients up and walking the corridors wiyhin the first 24hours to prevent DVT and help with wind pain, which I'm glad to say I had neither:D

Back