• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Em's Tummy Tuck

Glad you are okay, wishing you a speedy recovery and mind you dont fall off that bed pan xx

As you can see it's blooming early!

I'm still in need of a wee but slowly trying to sit myself up more and more so I can go in the bed pan.

Throat feels a little worse than earlier.

It's funny coz I'm not feeling tired, just drowsy and as I'm typing this I'm finding it harder to focus on. It looks like I suffer from narcolepsy and all of a sudden I'll just drop off to sleep, phone still in hand! Lol!

There's a couple of noisy ******* on this ward. And I'm having a go, honestly as I know they're either uncomfortable or actually in quite a lot of pain. The woman from earlier who had her operation cancelled was still going on about it when I got back to the ward. Twice she's got up tonight to poop and she's done it with the door wide open so we can hear, see and smell the lot! Nice! And now shes snoring. Another elderly woman in the next bay has hardly stopped 'Ooohing' and 'Aaahing' as she says she in so much pain.

Since the pain on my tummy has calmed down from earlier (touch wood) it hasn't really flared up yet. I'm getting a few twinges here and there but nothing major... Yet. I sent my Step Mum a photo of my tummy in my bandages and she said it's looking flat already!! Eeeek!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

EmDubs said:
As you can see it's blooming early!

I'm still in need of a wee but slowly trying to sit myself up more and more so I can go in the bed pan.

Throat feels a little worse than earlier.

It's funny coz I'm not feeling tired, just drowsy and as I'm typing this I'm finding it harder to focus on. It looks like I suffer from narcolepsy and all of a sudden I'll just drop off to sleep, phone still in hand! Lol!

There's a couple of noisy ******* on this ward. And I'm not having a go, honestly as I know they're either uncomfortable or actually in quite a lot of pain. The woman from earlier who had her operation cancelled was still going on about it when I got back to the ward. Twice she's got up tonight to poop and she's done it with the door wide open so we can hear, see and smell the lot! Nice! And now shes snoring. Another elderly woman in the next bay has hardly stopped 'Ooohing' and 'Aaahing' as she says she in so much pain.

Since the pain on my tummy has calmed down from earlier (touch wood) it hasn't really flared up yet. I'm getting a few twinges here and there but nothing major... Yet. I sent my Step Mum a photo of my tummy in my bandages and she said it's looking flat already!! Eeeek!

Sorry guys. Just put a new post and missed quite an important word out...! Lol! See if you can tell the difference between my last two posts!

What a donut!

We knew you weren't having a go :)

Take care of yourself and try to get some more sleep. We're all looking forward to seeing how things have come out.

I thought the first one sounded strange :-D

Hope you managed to get some more sleep x

Missing word NOT, but we knew that already, now let the narcolepsy take over and get some sleep. So glad you are feeling well and reasonably pain free long may it last and hoping you make a speedy recovery.
Gosh you are brave I allow the idea of a tummy tuck float through my dreams occasionally once I have my op and get to the point where I can consider if I need to get one done myself, but I shy away from it having had a hysterectomy in the past an remembering how uncomfortable it was makes me a little wary, although it is something I think may be necessary as I am sure I won't be able to exercise all the spare tyres I currently carry away.
Take care, rest well and I look forward to hearing more about your personal soap opera playing out around you with your fellow inmates antics. It did make me smile reading them earlier.

Ello again!

Not long after I posted last night I thought 'Right... Gotta have a pee' so I pressed the call button... It took the Nurses a good 10 minutes to come over. I still couldn't use the bed pan (no good at mind over matter on that one) so the commode was wheeled over the my bedside. Slowly I managed to shuffle myself and sit round so that my legs were off the side of the bed. That's when the nausea kicked in overdrive. My Goodness I felt so dizzy, sick and started sweating. The Nurse said I was about to pass out and she wanted me to lay back down. But I now wanted a wee that bad it was hurting. Also I was on the verge of being sick and was scared that I was going to do my tummy some damage with the retching or wet myself! But just as quick as it came, the feeling subsided and I managed to get on the commode. HEAVEN! Bearing in mind I hadn't peed for 12 hours! It wouldn't stop! Hahahaha!

The registrar came round this morning at about 8 and took off my binder. It was just like a huge plaster right across my middle and I hate taking plasters off at the best of times! So I saw my new tummy for the first time! The incision line seems pretty neat and my belly button looks very cute! Although they didn't do the lipo on my hips and I still don't know why! Grr! Maybe they thought they didn't need to? The Nurse changed my dressings which wasn't too bad and has said I can go for a shower which will be nice. That's when she's gonna help me into my compression garment which is gonna be an experience I can tell you! Was bad enough putting it on myself at home! I'm gonna try and get up again in a short while but I'm so nervous of feeling like I'm going to pass out again.

I'll drop another post when my morning 'activities' are done!

Glad to hear you aren't in too much pain, which I hope is how it continues. Wishing you a quick recovery and can't wait to see pics!

Debs xx

Evening all,

Today has been a bit of a blur. Not really been in pain. Just a few stings and twinges every now and then. I had my wash which felt amazing and then got dressed and changed into my compression garment. It wasn't actually too bad but I have to say once it was on I felt so much better. It's such a nice feeling to have it on because it really does make my tummy feel secure. I also have my sports bra on and that feels good too. Sod underwire right now!

Lunch came at midday and I was so tired and felt so sick but I had to eat to take my medication. So I found I was taking a bite, feeling like I was going to throw up, putting my fork down, putting my head back on the chair and drifting off for a couple of minutes. Needless to say lunch took forever! Lol!

Nurse came round a little later to put some antibiotics in the canula and crikey that hurt! She said she had a read through my notes and it says they took 1kg of fat away... Bleurgh!

Mum came up to see me this afternoon which I was quite looking forward to and she brought up some of my favourite munchies (Thanks Mum!) We went downstairs to the little garden area which was quite nice and it was quite funny to be wheeled about in a chair! Now I can see why my Mum stopped driving! Lol!

So I'm now back on my bed and gonna watch a film (Sweeney Todd starring Ray Winstone) and not do much else!

By the way, the American lady went home yesterday but said she will pop her head round tomorrow when she's back for her follow up, the lady who's operation got postponed had just come back from theatre and her sweary Husband who needs to sit in the naughty corner is on his way up, and the 'Ooooh!' lady is still bloody here!

Last night at about 11pm the Nurse tried to put more antibiotics in the canula and I almost jumped off the bed it hurt that much. She kept trying to tell me there was nothing wrong with it as there was no redness around the area and kept trying to push more through. In the end I was in tears and eventually, with a sigh of frustration, she stopped. She then put a new canula in my other hand and she was so rough and heavy handed it's felt bruised ever since. Luckily though, the fluids all went through with no problem.

Was woken at 6 this morning to the same Nurse fiddling about with it to put in the last lot of fluids and now she's taken the whole canula out.

One of my drains has leaked at the entry point and it's gone all over my knickers. I told the Nurse and she said it's not enough to be concerned about. Although talking about drains they are a bit of a pain to carry around. I have trousers on and have had to have them go all the way down and out of my trouser legs! Lol! I look wonderful!

The scar line itself feels a little sore. Stings. And I've noticed when I get up I get a pain just under my ribs in the middle, again quite a stinging sensation. But apparently they didn't sew my muscles together so I'm not sure what that is.

I'm gonna get up and attempt my first widdle and wash for the day. Hopefully I'll be up and about a lot more today. Might go and have a nosey at my ward buddies and tell the 'Ooooh' lady to keep it down!

Thanks for posting this thread Em. Hopefully it wont be long until my TT so its good to know how you are feeling and coping with it all.

Keep posting and hope you are home and comfy in your own bed soon x

Hi ems hope u have a gd day 2 day and get some rest it's hard when ur on a busy ward and nurses keep disturbing you early for obs! Take them up on offers of pain relief I don't see the point in suffering lol. I thought I'd be clever and not take any yest but this morning I'm feeling it! I think nighties are defo the best option with drains. I didn't wear any of my pjs, nighties better when being examined too. Have a gd day x

I know it's only in the hour of 10 in the morning but already the registrar has come round to take a look and got my belly button dressing changed coz it was a bit bloody. I keep looking at where the dressing is and can't help thinking that my belly button has been put back out of place. It looks higher than before (but maybe that's because it had sagged with my tummy) but now it looks like it's slightly to the right. Maybe I'm looking into it too much too early as I'm not even 48hrs post op, and it will look ok once the swelling goes down.

Got a bit of a funny tummy today in the sense that I keep needing to fart! (Ow! Reading that made me laugh and really bloody hurt!) I don't want to let one go because my Consultant came round while I was in the shower and he said he's coming back in a bit. Last thing I need is for him to come back and see me and I stink! Hahahahaha!!!!

Another thing as well is that I brought 2 types of support garment with me. One that goes from under my boobs all the way down into shorts, and the other goes from under my boobs into big knickers. Yesterday I had the ones on that go into shorts and they were really comfortable except they felt almost too tight when pulling them down to go to the loo, and I saw that they were leaving massive pressure marks down the tops of my legs. Not only that my drains are just above the tops of my legs and I was having to run them all the way down out the bottom of my trouser legs! Now I've changed into the other garment I can have my drains coming out of my waistband of my trousers and it's a lot easier. I keep referring to my drain bottles as 2 drunken mates who keep falling over! Lol! I've lost count the amount of times I've had to pick them up!

I'm not a happy girl right now. In fact I'm extremely tired and very teary.

A new lady came in just before breakfast yesterday morning and she's been placed opposite me, one space to the right. She's broken her ankle and hasn't yet gone down for surgery. My head is absolutely spinning as this woman has not stopped snoring since about 10pm last night and I have had no sleep whatsoever. 4 times I asked the Nurses (one of which was Evil Nurse No2 who made me cry putting in the canula) to try and wake her, tilt her head or do something because it is completely unfair. They said there is nothing they can do. Not only that, this patient has left her bedside TV on all night so it's flashing. I'm not the only one of us in this bay of 4 of us that has complained.

I thought that sleep was an integral part of my recovery?

oh gosh Em, I hate not getting any sleep and it makes me grumpy and teary. Will you be going home today? Hopefully you will be able to catch up on your sleep then.

Oh Ems, that's awful. I can understand why they didn't want to wake her but why can't they find some earplugs for the rest of you? I hope she goes for surgery early this morning and you can catch some Zzzzz's while she is gone. Thinking of you...

Debs x

Well... At about 8 this morning one of the Surgeons came round and confirmed both my drains were coming out today and I was going to go home. Yay!

I'm still waiting... Lol! They've just just taken my lunch order...!

Last night while I was kept awake by ol' Snory was doing her thing I kept getting that sharp stinging pain again in my tummy below my ribs. It brought me close to tears. It came on when I tensed up to move myself on my bed but also when I relaxed back and I was having to breathe through it. The Surgeon prodded my tummy this morning and it really hurt when he touched that particular part. He said it may be something to do with the rather large blood vessels they had to fiddle about with when they were lifting the skin and fat up off the muscles themselves. He said to keep an eye on it as it should start to ease over the next few days but I'll be booked back in next week to get my dressings changed so they'll have another look then.

Ol' Snory's gone back to sleep... Alright for some, ain't it?

Maybe they should check her for sleep aponea.
I'd suggest it to a nurse if I was you! :D
I feel sorry for her partner and neighbours :eek:

Hopefully you will be home and sleeping today

Back