• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fat teens, fat twenties - my thirties will be fitter!

Just some photos to share with you.

Firstly me and my beautiful girlfriend Colleen

And then these pictures are what I'd like to get back to looking like, instead of the awful one that is my current profile pic...

Attachments

• image-3423975230.jpg
    image-3423975230.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 434
  • image-1116543989.jpg
    image-1116543989.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 167
  • image-2862082264.jpg
    image-2862082264.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 668
Just wanted to say that you are very pretty.

Hope you have a great weekend away! You make a beautiful couple and look so happy. How long have you been together? My wife and I are away next week for her birthday in Cardiff. My last weekend before op and the last alcohol we drink for a significant period of time. I too will be doing milk dirt for my last week as want to kick start the loss so if you find any info it would be great to share?

I had a lovely weekend away thank you! Today I got up and had a cup of coffee and then we set off around birmingham and did some shopping, I was aiming to have two slimfast and an evening meal today, but I was wretching at the slimfast and it made me feel really sick :( I couldn't even face the second one. I had a piece of fruit and we stopped for coffee and I had a small skinny latte. I've just had my evening meal of a small chicken breast, veggies and potato dry roasted - it was like a mini roast and was lovely.

Shelley, I don't have any information on the milk diet - I'm hoping someone can help from here with that. Cardiff sounds great! I love it there, hope you have an amazing break x

I have realised that I am not even feeling hungry any more, and i am finding that I'm taking my time so much with my meals, that I am getting bored of eating! This has never happened to me before!!!!

I am going to boots to weigh myself tomorrow, and this makes me nervous! I know its silly, as I have stuck to this 100% and in comparison to what I was eating before, my intake is miniscule, but still I think in my head, what if I havent lost? I havent been near a scales, as I am trying to stick to once a week, but its SO hard! I have been obsessed with weighing myself before, so I didnt want to get back into that.

My partner did my measurements last night and we have recorded them in a book. I was mortified though, that the tape measure didnt even fit around my belly (it was just a cheap one i'd bought on ebay) it was about five centimetres short - but at least I'll know when I do fit on the tape, that I have made a difference!

I did my weigh in tonight as I figured that I got weighed last Monday so in left work and nearly changed my mind as I got absolutely soaked on the way home, but I thought sod it, I'm desperate to know so I went to boots and got a print out and I've lost eight pounds this first week! I'm very happy with that :)

Lisav said:
I did my weigh in tonight as I figured that I got weighed last Monday so in left work and nearly changed my mind as I got absolutely soaked on the way home, but I thought sod it, I'm desperate to know so I went to boots and got a print out and I've lost eight pounds this first week! I'm very happy with that :)

Great news Lisa!

Thank you!

If anyone is interested, this is the pre-op diet I am following - it's called the real food diet.
http://www.oxfordradcliffe.nhs.uk/forpatients/090427patientinfoleaflets/101018bariatricdiet.pdf

today my food will be...
Breakfast - one slice of toast
Lunch - Greek salad (I emailed the dietician yesterday to ask if I could use low fat Feta cheese as my low fat cheese and she said yes)
Afternoon snack - handful of grapes
Dinner - I have carbs to use up today, so I will have four tablespoons of rice, a small turkey breast cooked in onion and garlic and simmered in a small tin of tomatoes.

Evening snack of strawberries and a dollop of natural yoghurt.

When you write it down like this, you'll see why I am not finding the diet too hard. I'm having to be quite imaginative with the list of foods I can have, but I am managing to create nice meals and I'm enjoying it. The portion sizes are a third of what they used to be, but with using the "slow eating" technique and drinking lots of water and squash, I havent felt hungry since I started!

I'm over the moon! I mean I know I have a lot to lose, and that you always lose a decent amount of weight in the first week, but I'm really pleased with my weight loss and how its going so far.

I'm getting questioned by people who are seeing how well i'm doing though, asking me why I dont cancel the op and just continue on this - I try to explain that the reason I am so motivated to do well right now, is to have a safe operation with a smaller liver, but they dont see that, they think I could just continue this way forever. I dont think that this would be sustainable forever. Anyway, it's my choice and I can't wait for my op. Two weeks today :)

Thanks Louise! I was at work so I had a pint of squash and got busy with something I had been putting off for a while and all was forgotten! Thanks for your comment. Xx

Well today I signed up to do the race for life 5k in July! There is no way I can run it, but I am going to walk it in honour of my nan and uncle that I lost to cancer. This is my first aim for after my op!

Well done Lisa xxx

By the way, your diary title could have been mine

Well I haven't had a great day today. Have felt so week listless and tired and up to now I have only had a weetabix and a satsuma. I'm at my parents and they and my partner are having a Chinese - I want to eat the food off their plates. As I haven't felt like eating all day I have a lot of my foods left to have so I'm having a chicken breast stuffed with low fat feta and red onion with some new potatoes and vegetables. Yum!

Not long now Lisa finishing line before the op. I promise you it is Sooooo worth it xxx

Back