• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fat teens, fat twenties - my thirties will be fitter!

Have the hospital given you any idea about the op? I was told my bp was higher than they would like and it was 139/78 thought that was about normal.

Really hope all works out. How is pre op diet going? 2 more sleeps and I will be at the hospital really hope that we are both on the bench and home after the weekend.

Pre-op is going well Shelly - I have lost 17 pounds now in two weeks! I am really pleased with that! I have just spoken to the hospital and let them know what happened with my doctor and they are pleased with the results so far and said it will be fine. I really really hope I can get it done next week! I am so nervous about it!

Anyway, I did my BP this morning and it was 137/86 it just shows how worked up I get at the doctors as it was 170/120 there last night!

Whats worrying me now is that I was only at my doctors last night and this morning at 8.50 the eye hospital called and they want me in tomorrow! That was quick!

Lisa, sending big positive wishes for you this morning. Really hope that all goes well and that it is everything you and your partner have hoped for. Take it slowly but surely on the other side, take healing at your own pace! Speak when you are on the other side.

Just been to weigh myself ahead of my op on Tuesday and since last Monday I have lost another four pounds. My total weight loss is 21lb so far on pre-op diet. I weighed a day early as I'm not sure if boots is open tomorrow due to it being a bank holiday, plus I want to relax all day tomorrow with family. I'm so happy with my weight loss though, I didn't think I would have done so well :)

Aghhh!!! I can't believe that in twenty minutes it will be one day till my surgery! I'm excited, nervous, apprehensive and feeling totally unprepared - but reading through here I believe that's totally normal! I still can't believe after the week I've had that this is actually going to happen! It feels a bit like a lottery win, something I have wanted, dreamed about and wished for, for so long is this close to actually happening! Eeeeeee!!!! I should get some sleep!

Good luck Lisa, hope you have a smooth op and a speedy recovery xxx

Lisa, the best of luck for today! Hope everything goes perfectly and you will soon be on a happier road!

Any news on how Lisa has done today yet?

Hi Shelly! I'm good thanks! Have been in much more pain than I was ever expecting but it's passing now and I've just ordered some clear soup and when ive had that I'm going for a walk! Only been to the toilet and back a few times so far! Thanks for asking lovely, hope you're doing ok? X

Lisa, I was in real shock at how much pain I was in! Take it easy, don't rush!

I weighed today, I was so down that I just thought what the hell I'll see if anything has happened. I have lost 13lbs in 4 days, bloody miracle. It has not been easy in any way but does mean that the pain was worth something.

Fingers crossed things get better over the next few days are you coming home tonight?

At 4.30 I wanted some pain relief so the nurse came in and I was chatting to her about my blood pressure etc and she said she could get my pills out ready for the morning so she wouldn't have to wake me at 6. She asked how many bp tablets I was on so I told her it had been one, then two before the op and she said she'd check my bp and we'd see - it was 119/69 so she said I wouldn't need to take it all if it was at that and that it was perfect blood pressure! Get in! She said monitor it at home and check with your doc but I may not need it anymore!

I'm home now after the shambles of this morning! You'd think with a hospital that regularly does bariatric surgery, they might know what they were doing but alas no! They wouldn't let me have anything other than a cup of coffee! I feel weak! I'm on the losers bench though! A place I didn't think I would be this time last week. :)

Congratulations Lisa! How does your partner feel about it all? Bec asked my surgeon if it was buy 1 get 1 free and without any hesitation, he looked up and said in his Swedish accent, wearing a green corduroy suit, sorry. Never on a Friday! When he went up after to say how I had got on he asked why she was not in bed ready? He then apologised and said had she been ready he would have taken her straight down but he was running short of time. His manner at setting bec at ease definitely made it easier for her.

Glad you are home Lisa safe and sound and firmly on the Losers bench woop woop!

I shall be joining you in 12 days time eek :)

Eee! Nat! Not long now lovely! Shelly, Colleen is so supportive and she was there when my surgeon came to visit last night and when I asked him how my liver was he said it was so beautiful he wanted to bite it! Made me laugh! He was really pleased with how everything went so I think it put us both at ease. I'm so pleased its all done now! I can't start losing weight now :)

Well my first banded day is nearly over! I've had half a tin of soup (in two quarter sittings) and an actimel and a couple of small milky coffees! I haven't really felt hungry, but instead weak and shaky so I knew I should have something. Fluids have all gone down perfectly and I've been sipping water all day. I'm pleased!

Great news Lisa!

I've had a weak day and basically have done nothing other than sleep all day, I definitely haven't drunk enough so I'm trying to rectify that now! I've had a frube, a milky coffee and a third of a tin of soup. Will have more soup later and more milk

Back