• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fat teens, fat twenties - my thirties will be fitter!

Haha! I can't wait! I have my pre-op appointment on Monday and it's all go from there!!! I had an accident recently, well I was knocked off my moped and my bike was written off, but as the driver of the car admitted full liability I got the full amount back to cover my moped, so today I picked up my brand new one <3 meet Pru!

Anyway the point is, I have a really busy week ahead to keep me occupied! I have my pre-op on monday, physio on Wednesday and am seeing a medical expert to assess my neck and back injuries on wednesday.

The end is in sight - its come around so quickly but I have never once regretted or doubted my decision. Mis - people like you are a real inspiration and let me know that things might not be easy or straightforward but I will get there. Thanks x

Attachments

• image-2993475672.jpg
    image-2993475672.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 262
I am very impressed by how well you're doing :)

Hi Lisa,

I've just had a read through your diary And want to say a massive good luck! I have a similar story and will be having my op on the 21st (sleeve) and will be turning 26 a week later so intend to have a slim 30's to :)

Well done on the diet!

Nx

Whoop! Realisation today that its just over a week away till my op!

My partner said today she doesn't know how I am doing this pre-op diet and I said to her if you wanted something bad enough then you would. I used her crush Kristen Stewart as an example and said if someone told you to do this diet for three weeks and you can meet her would you?! She said "hell yes, but I'd still probay cheat!".

I had a really nice lunch today. My dietician told me that mayonnaise is a real no-no so if I wanted tuna, then I could bind it with some Greek yoghurt. So I had that with red onion mixed in and a base of lettuce on one slice of brown bread and it was yummy and filling.

Gonna have a mini roast for dinner. My pre-op appointment is tomorrow - does anyone know what they are likely to do? I get so nervous!

It's true isn't it, if you want something bad enough you can do it! Although it's weird how we can't stick to diets long term an therefore not need to go down the surgery route. Good analogy for your partner though, Even if she would cheat hehe!

Nx

At pre op they ask you a load of questions off a form around medical history, take swab for Mrsa, blood pressure n that's about it. No biggie at all!!! Have fun...I've just booked for a fill this week...only a wee top up but surprising how it slackens off after 6-8weeks, and I'm not quite where I want to be just yet!!! All an exciting game :)

Good luck with the pre op Lisa. Mi had mine on friday, I have written about it on my diary. They did not do very much at all really I was quite surprised, took bloods, asked medical history, tested a urine sample, asked if I had any questions. Took about an hour. Really hope that it all goes smoothly now. Getting far too close for me now!

Good luck with the pre op Lisa. Mi had mine on friday, I have written about it on my diary. They did not do very much at all really I was quite surprised, took bloods, asked medical history, tested a urine sample, asked if I had any questions. Took about an hour. Really hope that it all goes smoothly now. Getting far too close for me now!

Eeek! I'm nervous! I hate these kind of appointments, cos its my blood pressure that I hate being checked on - weird things is I have no fear of needles whatsoever! Just when that cuff comes towards me, my heartrate goes through the roof and I feel so ill! Got butterflies now!

I'm home from my pre-op appointment and it was HORRIBLE!!! My blood pressure was sky high and I'd ready told the nurse how nervous I felt but she went "oh dear" when she took my blood pressure and then of course I got a rash all up my neck and across my chest! She took bloods, did an ECG which showed my heart was fine and then I went to have a chest X-ray. The best bit was when she weighed me though - I've lost another 9 pounds! So 17 total! I'm made up with that.

She did say however that she would have to speak to the anaesthetist about my blood pressure, which panics me, she said she'll call me if I need to do or change anything. She said she could tell it was down to my white coat syndrome because of the rash, the raised heart rate etc so I hope it's all fine. It was 170/113.

aww hun :( sorry to hear you had a rough time of it. Chances are they're just wanting to make sure that everything is safe for your op.

Oh Lisa don't worry! I'm sure they see people with white coat syndrome all the time so try not to panic!

Awesome news on your weight loss though misses!

Nxx

Argh I'm stressing big time.... the hospital just called me, and the anaesthetist has requested that I get put on tablets immediately for high blood pressure and have a 24hour monitor on. He needs my diastolic rate to be 100 or the op will be cancelled. I am so stressed, I want to cry, but I'm at work. WHY?! I told them that I get so stressed out having my blood pressure done that it rises, I had a rash all across my chest where it was stressing me out so much. I just know that its gonna get cancelled and all my hard work and hopes will be for nothing.

Honey, totally understand how you're feeling. But in reality, regardless of what spikes your blood pressure, if you have a high blood pressure when they are putting you under it could put you at risk.

At least they are trying to think of something that might rule out the one reading.

Well it didn't quite go to plan! I saw one doctor who took my blood pressure three time on each arm - it was consistently high with my diastolic rate not being below 117 so he checked my urine and there was no protein or blood in it, which was good. Then he checked my eyes to see the discs and the left eye was clear but the right eye was not so good. He was quite concerned as this can show prolonged damage to the brain by continued high pressure so he booked me in to immediately see another doctor. I'm sure this wasn't helping my nerves. So I went to see the second doctor who checked my eyes and he too was concerned about the disc in my right eye, he was unsure whether it was just the tilt of the disc but he has referred me to the eye hospital for it to be checked.

Anyway, he has sent me home with a bp machine and I have to go back on Friday morning and if it's still high he can give me a pill that is fast working. I'll ring the hospital tomorrow to update them. Eeeeek

See Lisa you can be under 100- keep calm lovely, I know it's obviously easier said than done but keep monitoring yourself and believe in it as that will help!

Not long to go now misses :)

Have the hospital given you any idea about the op? I was told my bp was higher than they would like and it was 139/78 thought that was about normal.

Really hope all works out. How is pre op diet going? 2 more sleeps and I will be at the hospital really hope that we are both on the bench and home after the weekend.

Back