• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2015 Surgeries

I am 4 pounds off to top end of healthy BMI! I am still in over weight category but frankly think this is OK for me. Lately I am finding that I am clocking 1500 calories a day, hence the need to move to maintenance which currently is more important than battling to loose the final 4 pounds. I would be very happy to stay like this!!

That's amazing Tules! And time for a whole new wardrobe soon then.....with no cardigans!! Lol xxx

Thanks Cherub and Weegie,
Here is to all of us getting to target weight and maintaining there happily after!

You're doing amazingly well Alison and that's a fantastic loss! You must feel so much better!! Congratulations on your 6 months anniversary! So glad to hear you are all recovered now. Are you exercising? Really looking forward to our get together in November xxx

Hi Ruth

I am going to yoga twice a week and walking the dog for about 30 mins 4 times a week most weeks. I'm really looking forward to November xx

Thanks Cherub and Weegie, Here is to all of us getting to target weight and maintaining there happily after!

I second that ! :D

Hello all you Feb oppers, all quiet here. Hope you are all doing ok. I am off to Barbados in the morning. Work is pretty crap at the moment and glad to have a break from it.

Head hunger creeping back and had a chocolate dessert with Freddie faces last night with crisps and cheese for tea. No dumping at all so quite disappointed.

Op Barbados sounds lovely, I'm off to Bourton on the Water today, doesn't quite have the same ring to it..... ?.know what you mean about head hunger, I was away for the weekend and behaved badly with food, completely ashamed of myself but treating it as a learning curve in the battle against the bloody dreaded self sabotage! My other thing at the mo is way too much vino, so doing a mini dryathalon as penance.Still no fill in band though, so I have some leeway I think. Doing loads of exercise and really enjoying it, going to start running after the weekend (I have guests at the mo) and am aiming to do something like a 5k organised run by Christmas.

Sorry to hear work is so crap. Having a break from mine this week, but not in Barbados unfortunately, enjoy!

I'm 2st 5lbs off reaching my goal weight and 6 points off my goal BMI!
The end is in sight!

Thank you Tules for your lovely comments on my photos. Yes, my blouse is too big and need to go shopping again!
Looking forward to November!!

Have a fantastic well deserved break Alison.

Siana, good to hear you still have good restriction.

I am too suffering from head hunger. My stomach is full, but not my brain so as soon consequence ate lots of junk after dinner and now lying in bed feeling sick. Why do we do this to ourselves....dreadful. I must get back on better control tomorrow.

Cherub, yes all new autumn stuff is now out. Glad to see loads of a line skirts that are knee length. I need a new belt ( been creating new holes on my Jean belt...which was actually husband's that fitted me better in the past), a new pair of jeans, some new tops (my current ones are loose like yours Cherub). Hey ho...

Been clothes shopping after work as work clothes baggy and too big, down another dress size into a 16!!
That's seven dress sizes down now, 5st 2lbs loss since feb and 7st 4lbs total loss!!
Feeling amazing!!

Been clothes shopping after work as work clothes baggy and too big, down another dress size into a 16!! That's seven dress sizes down now, 5st 2lbs loss since feb and 7st 4lbs total loss!! Feeling amazing!!

Fabulous Ruth. What great progress you made, especially after such a difficult start. A real inspiration hun.

Hugx

Thanks Chrissy, how are you doing with your weight loss? Xx

Thanks Chrissy, how are you doing with your weight loss? Xx

Its very slow Ruth. My husband is head scratching. I actually put on weight last week based on 860 calories average per day with every morsel weighed and recorded.
I do have some fluid retention but it isn't too bad the last few days. Not a lot I can do about it tbh, cannot up my exercise as walking with a stick atm lol

It does get me down a bit but I guess thats my lot. Its 3 months on Wednesday and lost just over 2 stone. Hard to believe I have a 2 metre bypass.

Will see how it goes after my hip replacement.. Lol those fake hips weigh a few pounds.... Hopefully by the end if the year I can do some exercise, just a shame by then my honeymoon six months will be behind me. Like I said not a lot I can do, it isn't reasonable to reduce the amount I eat although I sort of did that this week. If I think about it too much I feel like eating crap so best juts get on with it :)

Hi Chrissy
Thank you for your comment.
Regarding your journey so far, at least you are losing.
If you are eating so few calories and not able to exercise that may be part of it, although I lost loads before I could exercise.
Are you able to swim or do some aqua aerobics - kinder exercise on your joints.
Have you any medical conditions that may be impacting? I.e. Thyroid problems, under active thyroid?
Are you eating regularly? And drinking good amounts between meals?
Have you had a review with your surgeon and the team?
Keep at it Hun, it will happen xxx

Been clothes shopping after work as work clothes baggy and too big, down another dress size into a 16!! That's seven dress sizes down now, 5st 2lbs loss since feb and 7st 4lbs total loss!! Feeling amazing!!

That's amazing Ruth well done xxxx

Its very slow Ruth. My husband is head scratching. I actually put on weight last week based on 860 calories average per day with every morsel weighed and recorded. I do have some fluid retention but it isn't too bad the last few days. Not a lot I can do about it tbh, cannot up my exercise as walking with a stick atm lol It does get me down a bit but I guess thats my lot. Its 3 months on Wednesday and lost just over 2 stone. Hard to believe I have a 2 metre bypass. Will see how it goes after my hip replacement.. Lol those fake hips weigh a few pounds.... Hopefully by the end if the year I can do some exercise, just a shame by then my honeymoon six months will be behind me. Like I said not a lot I can do, it isn't reasonable to reduce the amount I eat although I sort of did that this week. If I think about it too much I feel like eating crap so best juts get on with it :)

Chrissy, it must be so frustrating for you sending hugs xx

Hi Chrissy Thank you for your comment. Regarding your journey so far, at least you are losing. If you are eating so few calories and not able to exercise that may be part of it, although I lost loads before I could exercise. Are you able to swim or do some aqua aerobics - kinder exercise on your joints. Have you any medical conditions that may be impacting? I.e. Thyroid problems, under active thyroid? Are you eating regularly? And drinking good amounts between meals? Have you had a review with your surgeon and the team? Keep at it Hun, it will happen xxx

It is painful to swim I found to my disappointment on holiday but I found a way to cope and will be swimming again when I am away a week on Monday
I am trying to be on my feet and moving about at least an hour joined up a day, with the help of painkillers.
My bloods including thyroid all fine, kidney function down but they seem OK.
Eating regular balanced nutritious meals, high protein, low carbs etc all weighed and logged in MFP and in the bypass menu here.
I drink all day long, unsweetened fruit tea, minimum 2 litres a day,
I was self funded, had a great surgeon in Belgium but we just don't get the sort of support NHS gives you. Virtually impossible to get surgery on the NHS here in Scotland.

Its true, I am a freak lol. In all fairness my system has always been slow. If I ate a bad curry, it would be two days later that the effects would come. I really went to town on laxatives a few days ago as wasn't going to the loo, it was 2 days again before it had any effect. I think I must have extra long intestines lol, maybe I am still absorbing more than most people with a 2 metre bypass. Only guessing of course because I cannot understand it and that is one of the problems .. I hate not knowing why something is happening.

You are right, all I can do is keep at it, and I know I have been pulled up on this, but I do feel a bit robbed of my honeymoon period. I am doing my very best and beating myself up about it and still not a lot to show for it. It is just the way things are.

Going forward, it looks like I will never be able to eat more than 1000 to 1200 calories without regaining weight.

Thanks for caring hun x. Hugs You have been through so much and I've an easy ride in comparison. Enjoy your weight loss :) xxxx

Chrissy, it must be so frustrating for you sending hugs xx

Thanks hun, yes it is but I am fine really. Had an easy time otherwise :). How are you doing?

Thanks hun, yes it is but I am fine really. Had an easy time otherwise :). How are you doing?

Fighting the head hunger now. Snacking started to creep back in.

On my balcony in Barbados drinking coffee and watching the pool boys as been awake for hours (jet lag).

Fighting the head hunger now. Snacking started to creep back in. On my balcony in Barbados drinking coffee and watching the pool boys as been awake for hours (jet lag).

Ooo Barbados .. Green with envy lol. I quite like thiose early hours when no-one else about :). Have a great holiday Alison.

Head hunger gets us all, mine comes and goes, yesterday was a come lol. A few wee treats are OK as long as in moderation.

Off to Turkey again a week on Monday. Can't wait.

Dear all,
Nice to catch up with your messages.

Ruth, amazing weight loss. I reckon you will need size 14s when we meet up.

Weegie, sorry to hear about slow weight loss but have you noticed any body shape change? I remember my nurse telling me that would happen - seem to not loose weight but measurements going down. Hope your scales will move down soon. Have a lovely holiday in Turkey.

Alison, have a fantastic time away. Enjoy the sunshine, we are cold here!

Back