• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2015 Surgeries

Dear all, Nice to catch up with your messages. Ruth, amazing weight loss. I reckon you will need size 14s when we meet up. Weegie, sorry to hear about slow weight loss but have you noticed any body shape change? I remember my nurse telling me that would happen - seem to not loose weight but measurements going down. Hope your scales will move down soon. Have a lovely holiday in Turkey. Alison, have a fantastic time away. Enjoy the sunshine, we are cold here!

Thanks Tules, I definitely will. Already had 3 weeks there thus year. Can't wait :)

Hi all. Great to catch up on all your posts. I am stuck at 30 kgs loss for the last one month. Wine and dine I guess. Head hunger getting me too, so snacking off and on. Honeymoon period is over.

I am 3 points away from my ideal BMI. The only saving grace is my

Pain is... Weakness leaving the body... Cheers and Regards... Kaps

Hi all. Great to catch up on all your posts. I am stuck at 30 kgs loss for the last one month. Wine and dine I guess. Head hunger getting me too, so snacking off and on. Honeymoon period is over. The only saving grace is my shrinking waistline and improved fitness levels.
I am 3 points (10 kgs to go) away from a normal BMI. Planning on running a half marathon sometime in Jan next year.

Hi all,

Alison, hope,you're having a fantastic holiday, enjoy!

Chrissy, Tules has a point, sometimes the scales don't come down much but inches speak louder. You're doing all you can I'm sure and the scales are heading in the right direction. I'm sure when you've recovered from your op you will be much more active and able to do some exercise.

Tules, thanks for your comment. I can't believe how much smaller I am and how much more I am able to do. I'm hoping to be a 12 by nov actually. It seems to be every 4-6 weeks that I drop a dress size, even if the scales aren't coming down much. Getting into exercise and the gym.

Kaps, you've done amazingly well. You know what you need to do. Keep at it! Good luck with you run!

We are all half the people we started off being on this journey, none of us went into it lightly when we took our decisions to proceed with this surgery. I'm sure we are all, in other ways, twice the person we were back then.
Stay focused, be determined! You will get there xxxx

Thanks Ruth. I am a lot better about it today, it is what it is and that's what I have to deal with. Moaning won't speed it up. :). Hopefully I will see some movement this week as no longer suffering from constipation, quite the opposite, but if not then hey ho I am off on holiday where there will be no scales for a couple of weeks. :)

I measure on the 10th of the month so just a few days to go. Mostly, I can fit into 16s, or what shops tell us are 16s, I have me doubts given my tape measure last told me my hips were circa 45". It's handy as I do have some 16s from before my regain. My holiday clothes from May are a bit big but I will manage. Funnyily the weight is coming off differently to the way I usually lose. My abdomen is slow to drop and its usually the first to go, so loose fitting stuff is much better.

Thanks too both of you for the encouragement. It is really appreciated.

Hugx

Hi all,

Alison, hope,you're having a fantastic holiday, enjoy!

Chrissy, Tules has a point, sometimes the scales don't come down much but inches speak louder. You're doing all you can I'm sure and the scales are heading in the right direction. I'm sure when you've recovered from your op you will be much more active and able to do some exercise.

Tules, thanks for your comment. I can't believe how much smaller I am and how much more I am able to do. I'm hoping to be a 12 by nov actually. It seems to be every 4-6 weeks that I drop a dress size, even if the scales aren't coming down much. Getting into exercise and the gym.

Kaps, you've done amazingly well. You know what you need to do. Keep at it! Good luck with you run!

We are all half the people we started off being on this journey, none of us went into it lightly when we took our decisions to proceed with this surgery. I'm sure we are all, in other ways, twice the person we were back then.
Stay focused, be determined! You will get there xxxx

Hey Tules. Thanks for the encouragement. You're right, it was not an easy decision to make. A life altering one at that, if I may say so. It involved taking our families, partners, husbands and wives with us in the decision making making process.

I am sure that most or all of us are happy with the choice that we made to take control of our lives, shape and health. I am certain that we'll all reach our targets sooner or later.

Small things that make me feel better about myself are... Being able to tie my shoelaces without getting out of breath or without having to lift my foot on to a stool, being able to tuck my shirt into my trousers, thighs not rubbing together while walking/ running, being able to sit cross legged on the floor... To name a few.

I am sure all of us will have small things that make us feel better. It is those that must keep us on track to reach our goals.

Cheers to all of us.

Lovely to hear from you Kaps , what a run!

Kaps, you are doing so well. Like you, I have not being losing weight over the last month but am happy with my current weight, so that's ok.

Ruth, you are an inspiration. I will also start exercising. Look forward to shopping for size 12s with you.

Alison and Weegie. Enjoy your holidays. Am going to Turkey end of September. Family visit. They live by the sea so expect to catch up on some sun and sea...they have not seeing me this slim for a long time so can't wait to show off, especially to friends...
Last year, just before the operation someone organised a high school basketball team reunion while I was there... well, I was the only over weight, frumpy player! Was so embarrassed. They could not believe it either because I used to be so fit. At least I will not stand out as the unhealthy one anymore.

Alison and Weegie. Enjoy your holidays. Am going to Turkey end of September. Family visit. They live by the sea so expect to catch up on some sun and sea...they have not seeing me this slim for a long time so can't wait to show off, especially to friends...
Last year, just before the operation someone organised a high school basketball team reunion while I was there... well, I was the only over weight, frumpy player! Was so embarrassed. They could not believe it either because I used to be so fit. At least I will not stand out as the unhealthy one anymore.

I love Turkey, I feel really lucky as had 3 weeks there in May just before my op and getting another 11 days with my best pal. The people, food, weather all great. I'm not one for big boisterous resorts so Turunc suits me to a T. I could retire there in a heartbeat.

You'll have a great visit Tules, all the better for feeling fit, healthy and slim. Do they know you have had the op?

Last edited:
Kaps, you are doing so well. Like you, I have not being losing weight over the last month but am happy with my current weight, so that's ok.

Ruth, you are an inspiration. I will also start exercising. Look forward to shopping for size 12s with you.

Hey, Tules.
Have a great holiday.

Thank you for the holiday wishes.

Weegie, I love Turunc too. Stayed for a week a while back at a hotel on cliff with bird eye views of the bay....sipping mojitos at sunset with that view, oh bliss.

My family know about the operation and are very pleased with my progress. Thanks to whatsup...sent them loads of photos :)

Thank you for the holiday wishes. Weegie, I love Turunc too. Stayed for a week a while back at a hotel on cliff with bird eye views of the bay....sipping mojitos at sunset with that view, oh bliss. My family know about the operation and are very pleased with my progress. Thanks to whatsup...sent them loads of photos :)

Is that the Lorimar? We stayed there twice but now we take an apartment in the town to be nearer to everything. Lovely apartment, nice and roomy and quiet.

Yes I think it was. The pool overlooks the bay, and the bar is just above. We used those mini rides to get to beach, so agree a place on sea level would be create. Some houses were right on the beach!

Yes I think it was. The pool overlooks the bay, and the bar is just above. We used those mini rides to get to beach, so agree a place on sea level would be create. Some houses were right on the beach!

Yes thats it. Lovely apartments, we just got fed up with having to trek down to the resort.. Took away the spontaneity. We take a place set back from the main road, everything is handy but it is quiet and the apartment is big, over two levels.

Here is the view from Lorimar

Attachments

• image-425392156.jpg
    image-425392156.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 21
What a stunning view. I could not have enough of it.

I will go here for a few days.

Attachments

• 1260892621_Cirali_Beach_2.jpg
    1260892621_Cirali_Beach_2.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 14
What a stunning view. I could not have enough of it. I will go here for a few days.
i'm in town from the 14th to the 24th .. ;)

i'm in town from the 14th to the 24th .. ;)

Thats a beautiful spot Tules. Weather is looking good too, i found it really easy to eat healthily when there. First stop will be the market the day we arrive. Then off for a late lunch. ..

Have had a very bizarre experience. Away with work for a couple of days, overnight in a hotel. Mirror in bathroom was wonky, a bit like one of the old fairground hall of mirrors things. So I'm brushing my teeth, look up to see that this mirror is reflecting back to me what I would look like if I was smaller, it was like it had taken a vertical slice out of my middle and stuck the sides together, what I would kook like at a size 12.....completely stunned me, I can now see it on the horizon, mojo well and truly restored but today I feel incredibly fat because I keep looking at the pictures I took. My brain and emotions are well and truly skew whif LOL!

Back