• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2015 Surgeries

moo842

Hi there,
I'm having the band fitted on the 3rd few and wondered if there was anyone else due surgery around the same time? It would be nice to be able to share stories
:D

Cherub08

Feb 2015 surgeries

I'm hopefully having my bypass on 19/2, though this may change due to NHS crisis and operations being cancelled! Fingers crossed! :)

Last edited:

Cherub08

Good luck Tina. Are you getting ready for it?
I've pretty much git my bag packed and will be ready to start my pre op diet!
Hope your surgery goes well!

Tina.W12

Good luck Tina. Are you getting ready for it? I've pretty much git my bag packed and will be ready to start my pre op diet! Hope your surgery goes well!

Good luck to you to Cherub, I'm off on holiday end if this month, will be starting pre op diet on the day I get back!

Which pro op diet are you on? I'm on the 2 weeks of low fat low carb food one ??

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

discojen

Hi!

I haven't had my date through yet. Could be anywhere from Feb 2nd onwards I think!
I am awaiting a loop bypass at SRH.

Excited!

kaps

Hi all. Am scheduled for surgery on 12 Feb. The surgeon has given an option of choosing between VSG and Mini Gastric Bypass....?
I weigh 112 Kgs as on date with a BMI of 41.
Any suggestions.

Tina.W12

Hi all. Am scheduled for surgery on 12 Feb. The surgeon has given an option of choosing between VSG and Mini Gastric Bypass....?
I weigh 112 Kgs as on date with a BMI of 41.
Any suggestions.

Sorry Kaps I'm won't be much help, The bypass was the only option open to me due to reflux. I would suggest do research on both and see which is the best for you

kaps

Thanks Tina. Have a minor reflux issue myself. But not very regular and not acidic. Doc suggested MGB Would be a better option

kaps

It would be great to share pre and post op stories, experiences and pics. Am really looking forward to it.

Tina.W12

Same here Kaps.
I'm 45 and been fat all my adult life. Not sure what my highest weight was as the scales didn't go high enough only went to 24.5 stone Lost about 3.5 stones on herbalife but had an op got gall bladder removal, went on holiday, my dad died and put about 5 stone back on. Looked at surgery last summer but with a tight time frame due to holidays I didn't feel ready.
Started healthily eating in autumn and now done to 20 stone. I know without the op I won't be able to sustain, life will happen!!
Done my research, tried the NHS route but was told 2 years, but I'm to much of a control freak to leave things to chance like when where and who the surgeon is!!
Gone down the private route and choose spire Cheshire.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

kaps

Just picked up my introduction from the 'Introduce yourself' Thread. Here goes:-

Hi all.

Just joined in and was going thru threads at random and realized that i was probably the only guy going in this forum.

About myself

I am 38 years old , weigh 112 kg (246 lbs) as on date and have a BMI of 41.
I used to weigh 120 kg (264 lbs) in 2012 through most of 2013. Had decided to go in for WLS in Jun 2012, but pulled out one day before the surgery and decided to give it one more shot (after all if the stomach size is going to reduce, then might as well try and reduce intake without going in for surgery)

Here I am back again after having tried and lost some weight and having gained some of it back again. just about three weeks short of surgery. Have already started on a detox diet and will start with the liver shrinking diet on 26 Jan - a good two and a half weeks prior surgery.

Here's wishing the very Best to all the wonderful people trying to 'Lose It'

siana58

I am having band fitted on 16th Feb. Since I made decision to have surgery it's been a rollercoaster, so excited now! I have a real niggle though - what happens if yo get a bug after a band is fitted and have a bout of vomiting?

moo842

Hi siana I'm a banded too, my ops in 11 days! Feeling nervous now, pre op diet is going well, I have been on it for the last 10 days as I started a week early. I'm quite pleased as I've lost 13lb so far!
My stats are
Starting weight 14st1
11 day pre op. 13st 2
So 4st 3lb to my goal weight of 8st 12!
How much do you have to lose? Where are you getting it done?

Cherub08

Hi Tina I'm on the ten day milk and yogurt diet. 3 pints of semi or skimmed milk per day and 2 yogurts no more than 150g, less than 15g carbs and 3G fat in each!
Can drink water, tea coffee but milk for these has to come out of daily allowance.
Have a good holiday x

lynnepoth

I am having bypass on 12th feb at spire Southampton! Although woken today with cold so worried it may go to my chest and delay things! I have been more of less following low fat low carb diet since my pre op two weeks ago and plan to do the milk diet from Thursday for two weeks! Mine is 4 pints milk cup of oxo 1 sugar free jelly plus sugar free fluid! Exciting although am getting scared and worried that I will have complications!!! Stupid I know but think been reading too much online!

siana58

Not started pre op diet properly yet - but seem to be naturally erring towards the right foods, I feel a very definite shift in my brain. I have 7 stone to lose I think, but in some ways I would be happy with less - I just want to feel better, get off my BP medication and stop my knees hurting! My first goal is to lose about 2 - 3 stone with gentle exercise and then get back to proper exercise (which I enjoy but cant do at the moment because I keep hurting myself)