• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2015 Surgeries

Just started pre op diet, doing it for an extra week as I am a wine lover, so started in earnest on Monday - today is Thursday and I have lost 8 pounds. So excited and determined now...

Are you taking any multi vits Lynne?

Wow! That's great news! Good luck hun. Hope all goes well x

Great going all. spoke to my surgeon and will be meeting him on 02 Feb...
Will be starting all pre op checks...blood, TMT, X-ray, cardiologist, pulmologist, endocrinologist, psychiatrist etc... not to forget endoscopy... Overwhelming...
Will keep you all posted ... Good luck all

I have 7-8 stone to lose. I think my slimmest was when I was 75kg but that was after peritonitis in my 20s! I have been fat for so long that I kind of don't really know what I am aiming for - a minimum of 6 stone I think. As I am so tall the bmi (in my opinion) is misleading so I will be doing body composition analysis to guide me. Had a telephone call from the nutritionist yesterday who said I had been doing pre op diet a bit wrong but as I don't officially start till Monday should be fine

My provider says (per day) 2 eggs with no fat, 5 fruit or veg, small portion of protein, clear fluids, consommé etc
So I was having green smoothie with veg/fruit for breakfast with some seeds (high cal apparently), protein shake with almond milk for lunch and chicken or fish in the evening. She wants be to eat the fruit /veg raw and not blended where possible, ditch the shake , have a low cal soup instead , have the eggs (without toast?!? :) ) pref in the morning and have the protein and a bit more veg in the evneing

Really hard to find tinned consommé with no alcohol in it so I bought the one with the least(Waitrose) as I really don't have the time to make my own and will save that for the post op period. Going on the hunt for low cal soups (100 cals or so) in a minute

A bit concerned that I wont be taking in enough fibre without the seeds (I was adding linseed and chia) but I will do as Im told....for once

I keep forgetting things, I have seen loads of recommendations on here to take Benefibre so went out and bought a load to stock up with (2 for 3 in Boots) but nutritionist said not to use it

Hi I'm Ali and having a bypass on 23 Feb in Chester. I am 48 Have struggled with my weight all adult life. BMI 41. I start my pre op diet in a week low carb low fat. I did have a band in 2006 but had real problems and had it removed in 2012.

Can't wait to start my new journey.

Hi all. Just started with all the pre op tests today.. ECG, ECHO and ABG (some arterial blood thing) finished today. ABG and ECHO ok. Will get the ECG report tomorrow. Also Scheduled for all blood work, USG, Chest X-ray and upper GI endoscopy tomorrow

I had problems in that every time I got my restriction tight enough I would have reflux and vomiting at night, even when asleep sometimes

Good luck Kaps! Hope all goes well.

Hi all. Back again.. ECG is OK. Ultrasound of the abdomen revealed fatty liver (as expected.)...
Endoscopy... Ughhh.. The first time I ever got it done.... The worst thing ever.... Necessary evil I guess LOL. Blood reports as well as the X-ray will be collected tomorrow.. Not expecting any surprises there. Ciao

Back